Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

What was it Joel Selwood said earlier in the year about toning down Racheles goal celebrations.
Something along the lines of sitting him down and saying mate dont change, embracing his personality and the group drawing energy from his celebrations

Crows - Josh take it out of your game and miss a week

Culture of a good club vs a club worried about public perception

not sure why everyone is having a meltdown about Josh

His form has been patchy at best, all year he’s been given feedback on not putting his head over the ball and pulling out if contest.

Let’s just park the teeth comment for a minute, he pulled out of couple of contest on the weekend when we needed him to put his head over the ball.

I didn’t likenLaird’s comments, and I thought Josh should have been dropped weeks ago but that said “give him a kick up the ass now” and put a bit of sting in his tail before pre-season.

Those critics on the club and Nicks, the presser on Wednesday the media focused on Josh a fair bit and I thought Nicks did a good job to direct it back to the team

No player should have a gold pass, and Josh is not going to be requesting a trade but he does need to work hard on his game over pre-season and get a bit of backbone in his game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His form has been patchy at best, all year he’s been given feedback on not putting his head over the ball and pulling out if contest.

Let’s just park the teeth comment for a minute, he pulled out of couple of contest on the weekend when we needed him to put his head over the ball.

I didn’t likenLaird’s comments, and I thought Josh should have been dropped weeks ago but that said “give him a kick up the ass now” and put a bit of sting in his tail before pre-season.

Those critics on the club and Nicks, the presser on Wednesday the media focused on Josh a fair bit and I thought Nicks did a good job to direct it back to the team

No player should have a gold pass, and Josh is not going to be requesting a trade but he does need to work hard on his game over pre-season and get a bit of backbone in his game

Funny the correlation between him showing self doubt as a player, his form becoming patchy and the increasing number of times he's been lambasted by the club,senior players and the Coach.

Sitting him in time out for a week should fix it though.

3 weeks ago against the Cats he was one of our best. He was solid again last week against the Dogs. His stats are very good this year for a young player in his position. This isn't about form, this is because of what happened with his comments before the Port game and some of the negative media he received after.

Nicks is weak and has thrown Josh under the bus instead of supporting one of his young players publicly.

I don't disagree with some of what you said but for a whole lot of reasons we shouldn't be dropping him this week. His form has been okay.

He has things to work on but so do most of the team. Laird's errors and Berry's fumbling were far more costly.

I can guarantee you there won't be any sting in the tail. That's old school, he has another five years on his contract, he will just be coasting until Nicks gets moved on and start with a new coach.

The better response would be to get behind him.

3 weeks ago against the Cats he was one of our best. He was solid again last week against the Dogs. His stats are very good this year for a young player in his position. This isn't about form, this is because of what happened with his comments before the Port game and some of the negative media he received after.

Nicks is weak and has thrown Josh under the bus instead of supporting one of his young players publicly.

one innings doesn’t make a summer

what’s his name Dave Warner

He’s kicked 30 goals!

Funny the correlation between him showing self doubt as a player, his form becoming patchy and the increasing number of times he's been lambasted by the club,senior players and the Coach.

Sitting him in time out for a week should fix it though.

what Josh serves up ion and off the field during showdown week was rubbish, he had one moment where he kicked a clutch goal but apart from that he also squibbed a couple of contest

anyone confiding personality, goal celebrations with offensive comments really do need to have a re-think

we all love Josh’s goal celebrations but he needs to find the right line between celebration and being offensive otherwise he will continue to put a massive target on his own back

success comes from knowing where the line is and being clipped when you cross that line, problem in that manning players are not use to being clipped when they cross the line.

Josh put the pressure on himself pre-showdown and he failed to deliver, and it’s not the first time he’s done this…..

Let’s not kid ourselves if we don’t believe that if you want to be a good side you need to know where that line is and if you cross, you need to own it and there can be consequences

Josh has been disappointing this year, he’s played bruise free footy and his inconsistency contributes to our team inconsistency

I have no issue with him being dropped, but i do have an issue with

1. not being dropped earlier
2. Laird not keeping his comments in house

In terms of Nicks, listen to yesterdays press conference, he protected Josh and put it on the team

Those who subscribe to Josh’s teeth comments and celebration as ok, well we may as well be called Port

what Josh serves up ion and off the field during showdown week was rubbish, he had one moment where he kicked a clutch goal but apart from that he also squibbed a couple of contest

anyone confiding personality, goal celebrations with offensive comments really do need to have a re-think

we all love Josh’s goal celebrations but he needs to find the right line between celebration and being offensive otherwise he will continue to put a massive target on his own back

success comes from knowing where the line is and being clipped when you cross that line, problem in that manning players are not use to being clipped when they cross the line.

Josh put the pressure on himself pre-showdown and he failed to deliver, and it’s not the first time he’s done this…..

Let’s not kid ourselves if we don’t believe that if you want to be a good side you need to know where that line is and if you cross, you need to own it and there can be consequences

Josh has been disappointing this year, he’s played bruise free footy and his inconsistency contributes to our team inconsistency

I have no issue with him being dropped, but i do have an issue with

1. not being dropped earlier
2. Laird not keeping his comments in house

In terms of Nicks, listen to yesterdays press conference, he protected Josh and put it on the team

Those who subscribe to Josh’s teeth comments and celebration as ok, well we may as well be called Port

In a nutshell, you think he should be dropped for his comments/goal celebration? And you agree he seems to have lost confidence over the course?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been one of the better SFs in the league the last few weeks.

Nicks praised him after the Geelong game.

What was it Joel Selwood said earlier in the year about toning down Racheles goal celebrations.
Something along the lines of sitting him down and saying mate dont change, embracing his personality and the group drawing energy from his celebrations

Crows - Josh take it out of your game and miss a week

Culture of a good club vs a club worried about public perception
There have been an endless number of highly successful players who have floggish tendencies (Selwood played with one of the all-timers in Stevie J). It's certainly not a requirement to be nice.

We probably would've had the same thing happen with JHF if North accepted our offer and we drafted him that North did.

I'd have dropped Murphy...
Send a message.
And this is it, when they drop murphy and there have been a number of games from him with sub 10 possessions and no impact that warranted it, then we can talk about Rachele or anyone else being dropped for form or whatever.

But until then, the 'leaders' at the club can pull their heads in about it

I'd have dropped Murphy...
Send a message.
Following on from my last reply to this comment, again, your comment is bang on. How about a serial underperforming member of the leadership group gets dropped to send a real message to say 'as a leader, we not only expect high standards off field but on it too and we expect our leaders to lead from the front and influence games'

Murphy actually as part of the leadership group shpuld be held to a higher standard of performance because of it, not a lower one like he is.

it’s become a weird narrative where the club has successfully turned him into some kind of scapegoat where people think he’s soft at the contest, therefore go looking for it, and then gaslight themselves into thinking he should be dropped and neglect all the good he actually does. All the while conveniently neglecting the abysmal showing of the midfield this week (look at those clearances differentials!)— the true reason we lost. But let’s see if any of those consistently responsible for that get dropped this week…

There are some things outside of game performance which should see you get dropped.

Bringing the club into disrepute with comments to the media is one.

Out: Laird
In: Edwards

There are some things outside of game performance which should see you get dropped.

Bringing the club into disrepute with comments to the media is one.

Out: Laird
In: Edwards

they said something similar on the AA breaky show this morning

Laird should shut the **** up, but Rachele shouldn't be a protected species on this board. He's really cringe sometimes and then can't consistently back it up (yet).

If he played for any other club we'd be calling him a knob/squib/hack. But he plays for the crows so we say he's got a fun personality and his stats show he's better than Shai Bolton.

I don't think the club in handling him well though. Imo behind closed doors they should be sitting him down and saying play with flair and keep celebrating goals, but watch it with the antagonist antics at least until you've got some notches on your belt. Keep working on your game including being harder at the contest.

Laird should shut the **** up, but Rachele shouldn't be a protected species on this board. He's really cringe sometimes and then can't consistently back it up (yet).

If he played for any other club we'd be calling him a knob/squib/hack. But he plays for the crows so we say he's got a fun personality and his stats show he's better than Shai Bolton.

I don't think the club in handling him well though. Imo behind closed doors they should be sitting him down and saying play with flair and keep celebrating goals, but watch it with the antagonist antics at least until you've got some notches on your belt. Keep working on your game including being harder at the contest.
Piss off Rory

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back