Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be in the minority here, but I have no issue with Rach. It's been a long time since we had a player with his flair/confidence and desire to stick it to the opposition and their fans.

I've waited for a long time to see a Crows player with the Balls to go against the grain.

I couldn't care less what the Kane Cornes' of the world have to say about him. Bottom line is commentators without Flair/personality have always despised footballers who have it. So the opinion on Rachele by a 300 game Port Adelaide tagger is about as useful to me as Raygun is to the Australian Medal Talley

Excuse the intrusion but is Rachele actually looking like missing this week or is it just rumours?

Surely not the teeth stuff.
Joking Collingwood supporters have no teeth is a decades old thing.
I've got a couple of SA mates that say it's because of him squibbing contact but does he? And if so does it even matter?
His stats seem great for a small foward.

Not every player needs to be in and under and if being an outside receiver is working well where is the issue?
When it's your turn to go you ****ing go. No exceptions for blokes dubbed Outside Players.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it's your turn to go you ****ing go. No exceptions for blokes dubbed Outside Players.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh right. So why are there no consequences for slow walking Rory Laird's pathetic defensive efforts?

it’s become a weird narrative where the club has successfully turned him into some kind of scapegoat where people think he’s soft at the contest, therefore go looking for it, and then gaslight themselves into thinking he should be dropped and neglect all the good he actually does. All the while conveniently neglecting the abysmal showing of the midfield this week (look at those clearances differentials!)— the true reason we lost. But let’s see if any of those consistently responsible for that get dropped this week…

Correct. People had Crouch and Berry in the best players, they had their pants pulled down by the Port midfield.

Laird was awful, cost us numerous goals. Hinge couldn't deal with pressure yet apparently some supporters pick apart Rachele's game.

My issue is not with him being dropped.

It's the timing.
It's like sending a message that he needs to live in over the pre season.

He's been smashed in the media all week but you're now making it worse and taking away his only chance at "redemption" this year.

Yep, a good coach would try to get a response against Sydney this week and finish the season on a high. Anyone who thinks is some kind of wake up call to make him hungry over preseason doesn't understand modern footballers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be in the minority here, but I have no issue with Rach. It's been a long time since we had a player with his flair/confidence and desire to stick it to the opposition and their fans.

I've waited for a long time to see a Crows player with the Balls to go against the grain.

I couldn't care less what the Kane Cornes' of the world have to say about him. Bottom line is commentators without Flair/personality have always despised footballers who have it. So the opinion on Rachele by a 300 game Port Adelaide tagger is about as useful to me as Raygun is to the Australian Medal Talley
OK ...so what about the POV of two of the greatest leaders in the AFL ....Selwood & Cotchin

Selwood now freelances as a leadership consultant

People can't see the obvious self interest in Laird's comments by the way?

Old stager who has visibly sulked since moved out of the mdifield who's form has been so bad he might actually be feeling some selection pressure decides to jump up and increase the pressure on a younger player, whilst implying that the club still needs him to keep our oh so successful 'culture'? Boy, who benefits if younger players are dropped?

I genuinely believe we will never succeed until we entirely remove the remnants of the generation that saw our club collapse. The 'seniors' are holding us back.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, this to me is the worst messaging i've seen from Nicks and senior players. Fair enough if Laird wants to let his own craft do the talking but his standards have been woeful this year.

Absolutely shocking treatment of a player by this club. A bloke next to me at the Showground said 'I'm not sure if Rachele is 'that guy', but damn we need a villain at this club....and he'll do for the moment!

Just look at the Hawks with Ginnivan and what happens to a club culture when when you back in individuality and being able to express themselves. Imagine Port with Durrsma back in the day telling him to reign in the bow and arrow when everyone outside the club was saying 'tone it down, mate!'.

The club backed him in and told him to be his own person, and the club loved him for it.

Culturally another dark day for the club I'm afraid.

We know Laird and Nicks are joined at the hip.
This just reinforces the class gap still at the club between senior and younger players.

Nicks has just killed our 2025 season before it has even started
This fracture wont heal

Why do we always make it so hard for our young players to feel a valued part of the club

not sure why everyone is having a meltdown about Josh

His form has been patchy at best, all year he’s been given feedback on not putting his head over the ball and pulling out if contest.

Let’s just park the teeth comment for a minute, he pulled out of couple of contest on the weekend when we needed him to put his head over the ball.

I didn’t likenLaird’s comments, and I thought Josh should have been dropped weeks ago but that said “give him a kick up the ass now” and put a bit of sting in his tail before pre-season.

Those critics on the club and Nicks, the presser on Wednesday the media focused on Josh a fair bit and I thought Nicks did a good job to direct it back to the team

No player should have a gold pass, and Josh is not going to be requesting a trade but he does need to work hard on his game over pre-season and get a bit of backbone in his game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murphy and Laird have gold passes. Explain how they keep their spot.

OK ...so what about the POV of two of the greatest leaders in the AFL ....Selwood & Cotchin

Selwood now freelances as a leadership consultant

Interesting that Joel Selwood can't remember a Geelong player celebrating to the crowd instead of with his team mates

1724284384351.png

(Selwood played in this game)

A professional club would have told Rory Laird to shut up and dropped him for his performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back