Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people saying this? Our tragic leadership group has input into selection now?
If you think the leadership group especially the Captain would have no input into Rachel's being omitted this week if it eventuates you are delusional.

Absolute rubbish by the club

Lacking any form of leadership outside of Dawson who’s carrying club on his back by himself without support

Poor bloke should be in Sydney winning a flag

Club is cooked

Why are people saying this? Our tragic leadership group has input into selection now?
On these type of matters that aren’t 100% performance , of course they do . Surely this isn’t an omission on form

The leadership group has been pathetic this year outside of Dawson and some growth from hinge and fog ( although some of that was lost on weekend just gone )

As for Laird and smith - need to get them out of the club asap I fear

It's the only way they can think of to shift blame off the coaches

Absolute rubbish by the club

Lacking any form of leadership outside of Dawson who’s carrying club on his back by himself without support

Poor bloke should be in Sydney winning a flag

Club is cooked

On these type of matters that aren’t 100% performance , of course they do . Surely this isn’t an omission on form

The leadership group has been pathetic this year outside of Dawson and some growth from hinge and fog ( although some of that was lost on weekend just gone )

As for Laird and smith - need to get them out of the club asap I fear
How can you seperate what Dawson does from the leadership group as a whole. He is the Captain of that leadership group. We all love him but he is not immune to criticism on this because he is a good player and seems like a solid guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. If we supported a healthy club, we'd immediately dismiss a rumour like that.

Exactly.

Damaging, incorrect rumors that are creating significant negative feedback should be stopped ASAP

I have decided not to leap at shadows until the team is announced.

Josh ‘s initial remarks were minuscule compared to previous Showdown banter (we genuinely HATE the Crows etc). His celebration was poorly timed, we were just getting back on top and it had great potential to bite him on the arse. No problems for me if he does it when we go 15 points up with a minute to go in the last quarter but hardly a droppable offence.

Many of his critics are older Crows fans. “Would not have happened in my day”. As a small forward in his third year he has kicked 30 goals and averaged 14 disposals a match. The small forwards above him on the goal kicking list are
Stengel 40 goals (and another All Australian), Toby G 39, Hayward 38, Higgins 34, Cameron 34, Pickett 34, Keays 33, Bolton 33, Owies 32, Moore 31. Below him are Hill, Rioli, Weightman, Rayner, Schulz, Ginnivan.

Imho many Crows fans underestimate his performance. Eddie Betts didn’t reach 30 goals until his 5th season.

I like Will. Straight down the line.
Ever since Rowey's outburst the tide is turning. More and more media figures are starting to feel more comfortable pointing out our hypocrisy and inadequacies. The protection racket is failing.

I harp on it all the time but let's revisit re-signing Nicks at the start of the year to avoid distractions. Thanks to that 2 year extension before easily his worst year vs expectations, he's walking into a pressure cooker Round 1 next year. The media and the fans are out for blood. We've all had enough. The goodwill is all but gone.

Even if he is selected, at this point I'd say it would be more likely due to the club wanting to stage manage than him.not having been dropped. The damage could already be done

If like Laird says, we like to let our football do the talking, then for the last 7 or 8 years, and some would argue 25+ years, we’ve been losers.

Maybe it’s time to try something else?

Dropping Rachele for celebrating winning and showing a bit of confidence is not how I’d end the year.

How can you seperate what Dawson does from the leadership group as a whole. He is the Captain of that leadership group. We all love him but he is not immune to criticism on this because he is a good player and seems like a solid guy
He might have messed up on this particular issue this week , agree

Prob from fatigue and sore shoulders from carrying this side of panic merchants whenever the in game pressure comes

Exactly.

Damaging, incorrect rumors that are creating significant negative feedback should be stopped ASAP
Crows still like to use Cornsey's never complain never explain mantra until backed in to a corner

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back