Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

he is prepared to put his body on the line, we’ve all seen it.
Maybe his teammates are looking for the wrong things from some players because Murphy puts his body on the line everytime no question, but look what we get from him?
Rachele has 4x the goals we have from Murphy so where does putting your body on the line every time get you and the team?
Reading post after post comparing Rachele to Murphy strongly indicates to me that no one actually has anything valuable to say.

Reading post after post comparing Rachele to Murphy strongly indicates to me that no one actually has anything valuable to say.
Rachele is the best young small fwd in the game. Even with all the critisms and his flaws he out performs the rest of the competition by a fair margin. Murphy has been in the system a long time now and gets constantly picked for amongst the shittiest output in the game. Not only that but hes somehow in a leadership position. At least half that leadership group underperforms weekly and yet here they are telling all of us rachele doesn't do the team things?

This club has major issues, a young kid getting emotional on field is not a major issue. Constant sh1t performances by senior leaders is.

Ok compare him to other small forwards then this year.
On the behave like a tool category he would be just behind Papley and well behind Ginni.

Where the hell is Sanders when you need him.
Need some legalese on copyright for opportunity.
10,000 of these @67c in teal and white direct from Wuhan.

IMG_1912.jpeg

On the behave like a tool category he would be just behind Papley and well behind Ginni.

Where the hell is Sanders when you need him.
Need some legalese on copyright for opportunity.
10,000 of these @67c in teal and white direct from Wuhan.

View attachment 2088207
Couldn’t really care less about what he does if he is performing.

Couldn’t really care less about what he does if he is performing.
Doesn’t fuss me as have seen it plenty just stating a fact . A little less performing and more footy will come over the next couple of years, maturity is not linear with footballers.
The most mercurial forward I have had anything to do with was Allen Jackovich @ Woodville.
Body shape , genius goal sense almost identical to Rachelle . An ego bigger than anything I have known
and almost identical behaviour. He ended up ok and never lost his individuality @ nearly 4 goals a game

Let’s be honest here. The kid has a poor attitude. To the point where the senior players and coaches have had to resort to ‘teaching him a lesson’. He was asked not to taunt the crowd pre game. He then taunted the crowd at the first available opportunity.

No one is denying his talent. And no one at the club wants him to fail — or leave.

Unfortunately though, the club is playing with fire by going down this path as the ‘resolution’.

It will be very interesting to see if it makes the kid better or if he sooks it up. The problem is that I don’t think he is mature enough yet to deal with this in the way the club intends.

For me, the timing is the issue. He has to stew over for it a whole pre season. Let’s hope time heals and he does a lot of growing up over that period.
Good post …. obviously SAT was the accumulation of a few issues, given it was talked about, his Mon - Frid habits

Given his housemates are seeing what Rachele was ? ….. what would be the rub off effect on them be

Players copy others, good and bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has nothing to do with Murphy or any other small forward. Do you think he was dropped over output?
Does it matter about the other stuff if the output is as good as there is?
That was my original point which you glossed over.
We aren’t at the level where we can afford to alienate talent in the way we are doing.

Nicks speaking today at the airport instead of Hinge

Media 'Rachele clearly not happy how he has been treated, many rumours circulating about players not being happy at the club, whats your response'

Nicks 'Yeah this is news to me, they are all happy with me, its not my fault, clearly Rachele and others maybe mad at the leadership group. It was also the assistant coaches who backed the leaderships group decision which gave me no choice. Not to mention Roo, Olsen and Silvers all told me to back the leadership groups decision. Hamish also had a go about me wanting to persist with selecting Rachele but He was adament I had to follow suit. Even Matthew Clarke and several ex players also contacted me privately to tell me I had to drop Rachele. So you see there was no choice. So the players not being happy are mad at everyone else but me.'

Let’s be honest here. The kid has a poor attitude. To the point where the senior players and coaches have had to resort to ‘teaching him a lesson’. He was asked not to taunt the crowd pre game. He then taunted the crowd at the first available opportunity.

No one is denying his talent. And no one at the club wants him to fail — or leave.

Unfortunately though, the club is playing with fire by going down this path as the ‘resolution’.

It will be very interesting to see if it makes the kid better or if he sooks it up. The problem is that I don’t think he is mature enough yet to deal with this in the way the club intends.

For me, the timing is the issue. He has to stew over for it a whole pre season. Let’s hope time heals and he does a lot of growing up over that period.
Really well thought out post. I’ll add that if he leaves the club because of something like this, we dodged a bloody bullet.

How would everyone feel if Rachele asked to be traded as he just walked out of the club a la Gunston.

Imagine he went to a VIC club like Collingwood and has a career like Gunston did at Hawthorn......

AFC are a bunch of LOSERS...... the board and coaches stinks!

i really hope Rahcele, Keane, and Curtin all ask for trades this year.
Along with not getting any of Cummings, Luko, and ANB would really force changes at the club. The media will have an absolute field day if this all happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back