Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to see here boys, Nicks just said he has Rachele's back in his press conference

What a relief. Crisis averted.
"Has his back"

Let's leadership group publicly ridicule Josh in the media saying what a bad team mate he is.

Get this fraud away from the AFC.

Where is our captain? This is really starting to shit me, If as they say it's driven by the leadership group then where are they to say this? What are they doing about Laird's comments?
You’d imagine Laird has been spoken to by management ….. publicly bagging a player is never acceptable, and equally not team first

I thought Nicks spoke fine tbh. Clearly it was player driven, what was he supposed to say.

Nicks clearly agrees with the players

If he "had his back" and disagreed with the players, he would have stood up for Rachele and not dropped him

So it's as much on him as it is on any players and he should properly explain himself

You’d imagine Laird has been spoken to by management ….. publicly bagging a player is never acceptable, and equally not team first

Well not equally though is it? Last I checked, Laird is still in the team

Then why wasn't he also dropped?

Hint
It's because Nicks is the head selector who decides who plays or not. And he prefers his oldies.

Where is our captain? This is really starting to shit me, If as they say it's driven by the leadership group then where are they to say this? What are they doing about Laird's comments?
Taken a leaf out of Sloaney's captaincy book of sending someone else out when times are tough it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting with the talk his manager should get him out of here, Rama who is a player manager, seems to think it's a Josh problem.

Thanks for sharing that. Probably the most measured and rational assessment from someone in the media so far (albeit in the form of a player manager) - and potentially closest to the truth.

I thought Nicks spoke fine tbh. Clearly it was player driven, what was he supposed to say.
If he had any control of the situation it wouldn't have resulted in multiple players going on the radio bagging Rachele and then dropping him.

The only thing we've created is another sideshow because we have very little idea how to actually manage people or situations. It's full of contradictions and double standards.

TBH I am glad Sydney picked a full strength side.

I thought this would be the kind of dead rubber game the Crows might snag. But given the terrible vibes I'm predicting a thumping loss!

60+
100+ loss, followed by keane announcement after the game he wants out, followed by rachelle being disgruntled and wanting out, followed also by curtin feeling disrespected and unwanted and asked to be traded back to WA.

what an interesting weekend this would be.

100+ loss, followed by keane announcement after the game he wants out, followed by rachelle being disgruntled and wanting out, followed also by curtin feeling disrespected and unwanted and asked to be traded back to WA.

what an interesting weekend this would be.
It could be worse than that. ANB, Luko and Cumming all withdraw any interest in coming here. And who could blame them. Club would be gripping its ankles for years

"I'm the boss. Shut up Laird, concentrate on your own game. Smith and Laird you're co-captains of the SANFL next year. Also, this is probably my fault it's gotten this out of hand so here's my resignation."

Where is he ever? Have we ever had a Captain who has less media profile?

Where is he ever? Have we ever had a Captain who has less media profile?
So now your potting Dawson …. just non sensical

This guy has busted a gut for this Club … and you completely disrespect him

Let’s be honest here. The kid has a poor attitude. To the point where the senior players and coaches have had to resort to ‘teaching him a lesson’. He was asked not to taunt the crowd pre game. He then taunted the crowd at the first available opportunity.

No one is denying his talent. And no one at the club wants him to fail — or leave.

Unfortunately though, the club is playing with fire by going down this path as the ‘resolution’.

It will be very interesting to see if it makes the kid better or if he sooks it up. The problem is that I don’t think he is mature enough yet to deal with this in the way the club intends.

For me, the timing is the issue. He has to stew over for it a whole pre season. Let’s hope time heals and he does a lot of growing up over that period.
Great post. From what you hear this has been brewing for months and Sat night was just the tipping point, not the sole reason. Nicks and the club in the eyes of pretty much everyone on here can’t do a thing right at the moment so they’ll cop it. However if Blight did this in his hey day he’d probably be lauded for making a tough decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back