Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

What I reckon has happened is that Keane has told the club that he wants to go to Collingwood so we've told him to pack up locker and go.

Good news! Nicks said that wasn't the case earlier today and he never lies

WTF is this "unnecessarily getting the opposition up and about and doesn't help us win" BS. Were they trying to catch Port napping for a softer kill (which doesn't help us Final's pressure)? Rachele's comments should've collectively motivated them to go even harder. The best athletes/teams in the world sometimes say controversial stuff in the media to put a target on their back and thus perform at a higher level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder he left Sydney.

Embarrassing captain

How about be good enough to win WHEN THE OPPOSITION IS RILED UP. Wtf is this? What do they expect to happen in a grand final when Carlton kick the first 2 goals? Just go into your shell and disappear, citing the crowd was too much to handle?

Utterly bizarre and soft.

In a zoomed out view of the whole Rachele saga, there's a paradoxical outcome Josh should be quietly proud of.

If his antics stirred up the crowd as has been accused, and that spilled into the Port players onfield, and in the heightened state of uncontrollable rage, Dan Houston went beyond his usual thoughtful, really nice guy methods, then Josh should be praised for ultimately initiating a significant penalty on the scums premiership ambition.

Losing Houston for the finals (and the trip to Perth this week) hurts them.

Now, did anyone else in the club perform any act of selfless team first?

I said this whole exercise was deranged but I think I was underselling it.

What on earth is going on? Nicks and Rachele have already spoken to the media and tried to put a line under it, so why is Dawson getting out and fanning the flames now? As captain, how does he not want to close ranks and protect the young guys in the team?

They're turning this into a weeklong humiliation ritual to take the heat off everyone else's performance.

It feels like the beginning of the wheels truly falling off of the Nicks era. No matter what Rachele said today, you can't tell me he still trusts the club to have his back. All of the younger guys will be watching and thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I expect it'll be a slow motion car crash.
This club just doesn’t stop humiliating itself

This club has always been too dumb to get on the same page before running to the media.

Anyway, so now it's about the extra pressure that comes from getting the Port crowd fired up?

That's what Campo said after he played Lairds comments, and for the record Campo was in agreeance with Laird.

Basically, I know the senior players and I know they wouldn't have liked the extra pressure that came after Josh said what he did.

How about, why not football good enough to remove the pressure from the equation?

You think firing up Port supporters is going to be any easier than the pressure that naturally comes from playing in a final, a grand final?

We failed that test the last time we were there, with Campo in the box.

The opposition were up and about before a game. Shouldn't they be?

Oh no, someone with confidence and personality, destroy them, Crowbot him!

This Club has been scared of pressure and expectations for years.

We don't play young kids early so they aren't overawed - we won't debut them in big matches, and we put them in bit part roles.

We're softer than butter.

If Rashele carrying on didn't also fire up his team mates - that's the problem, we're passionless pussies.

And if you doubt it - look at the non reaction to Rankine getting flattened.

We are a soft, passionless, unaccountable Club.

How about be good enough to win WHEN THE OPPOSITION IS RILED UP. Wtf is this? What do they expect to happen in a grand final when Carlton kick the first 2 goals? Just go into your shell and disappear, citing the crowd was too much to handle?

Utterly bizarre and soft.

They are proper f**ked of they ever play a big Victorian club in a big final. Not an immediate concern clearly but still…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back