Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy oh boy you fans will be the reason Rachele leaves, not the decision for him to get dropped. Shaking the cage after someone gets dropped after 10 disposals at 40% disposal efficiency. Go back in this thread a month ago and ya’ll were asking for him to be dropped. He finally gets dropped, and apparently it’s a crisis? Talk about a beat up.

The club has backed him in all season, when he had some real ugly moments that have cost us games. He has publicly come out and demanded midfield minutes but continues to shirk contests. He has finally been dropped (maybe a bit too late) for a dead rubber in Sydney against the top team and you’re all ripping up your memberships?

I enjoyed the banter during the week, and had a chuckle at the celebration, but there is a certain expectation that if you put the spotlight on yourself, particularly for an away game, that you back it up. Josh did not do that. Chad Cornes (hate him) would at least make his comments, but then destroy us most showdowns.

Port have been the ones recently making comments prior to showdowns, their whole ‘crows are entitled’ script, and it didn’t work for them. Josh gave Port a reason to be fired up, and the fans backed them up.

All this ‘he has no choice but to ask for a trade now’ talk is crap. How many games do you think Tex, Bernie Vince would’ve played for the club if they asked for a trade every time they got told off? We will actually learn a lot about Josh in the next 6 months. This could be a turning point and he might knuckle down big time. If he asks for a trade? Well, then he can’t have been that invested in the first place.

The only issue I have with how this was handled was Rory Laird’s comments on radio. His football hasn’t done the talking in years now, so he has no place to make those comments.

Josh has all the makings of a star, but still has so so so many things in his game he needs to iron out, and I think him focusing on those deficiency’s rather than poking the bear will hold him and the club in better stead going forward.

Look forward to all you campaigners disagreeing with me :)

I said this whole exercise was deranged but I think I was underselling it.

What on earth is going on? Nicks and Rachele have already spoken to the media and tried to put a line under it, so why is Dawson getting out and fanning the flames now? As captain, how does he not want to close ranks and protect the young guys in the team?

They're turning this into a weeklong humiliation ritual to take the heat off everyone else's performance.

It feels like the beginning of the wheels truly falling off of the Nicks era. No matter what Rachele said today, you can't tell me he still trusts the club to have his back. All of the younger guys will be watching and thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I expect it'll be a slow motion car crash.

I like Dawson, but I think there are signs he's Captain due to being a "company man" who won't rock the boat, and will fall in behind Nicks.

He's strike me as a nice guy who leads by example - but not a strong leader who demands accountability.

I’m just amazed that a bunch of proven losers are preaching to Rachele about what it supposedly takes to win.

Show me one player on our list, one assistant coach, one senior coach who has ever won anything at AFL level in their lives.

Until we bring in people who have actually been part of a successful organisation, we’re ****ed.

Can’t wait until the offseason when we bring in a big name assistant who has been at West Coast or North for the past 2-3 years. WinnnerrrZ here we come.

I haven’t been this livid at the club in years. Truly embarrassed to be associated with the shithole of a club in any way.

Boy oh boy you fans will be the reason Rachele leaves, not the decision for him to get dropped. Shaking the cage after someone gets dropped after 10 disposals at 40% disposal efficiency. Go back in this thread a month ago and ya’ll were asking for him to be dropped. He finally gets dropped, and apparently it’s a crisis? Talk about a beat up.

The club has backed him in all season, when he had some real ugly moments that have cost us games. He has publicly come out and demanded midfield minutes but continues to shirk contests. He has finally been dropped (maybe a bit too late) for a dead rubber in Sydney against the top team and you’re all ripping up your memberships?

I enjoyed the banter during the week, and had a chuckle at the celebration, but there is a certain expectation that if you put the spotlight on yourself, particularly for an away game, that you back it up. Josh did not do that. Chad Cornes (hate him) would at least make his comments, but then destroy us most showdowns.

Port have been the ones recently making comments prior to showdowns, their whole ‘crows are entitled’ script, and it didn’t work for them. Josh gave Port a reason to be fired up, and the fans backed them up.

All this ‘he has no choice but to ask for a trade now’ talk is crap. How many games do you think Tex, Bernie Vince would’ve played for the club if they asked for a trade every time they got told off? We will actually learn a lot about Josh in the next 6 months. This could be a turning point and he might knuckle down big time. If he asks for a trade? Well, then he can’t have been that invested in the first place.

The only issue I have with how this was handled was Rory Laird’s comments on radio. His football hasn’t done the talking in years now, so he has no place to make those comments.

Josh has all the makings of a star, but still has so so so many things in his game he needs to iron out, and I think him focusing on those deficiency’s rather than poking the bear will hold him and the club in better stead going forward.

The clueless are the ones who wanted him to be dropped. His stats show he had an excellent season including pressure acts which the clueless say he doesn't do but the stats suggest otherwise, they say he is selfish and again the stats suggest otherwise and also say he is soft when he does 1-2 soft acts every handful of games but somehow they ignore the other remaining times when he goes hard at the ball.

giphy-13.gif

The entire issue is Laird, Nicks, Dawson etc throwing Rachele under the bus in the media you idiot. Can you even read? Time to log back in to your main account and like your own post.

The entire issue is Laird, Nicks, Dawson etc throwing Rachele under the bus in the media you idiot. Can you even read? Time to log back in to your main account and like your own post.
Never understood the weird attacks on people having multiple accounts etc. I don’t comment much, I usually come here to laugh at the melts.

Hi Rory! Or Matthew! Or Jordan! Or a Wayne alias (Waylias)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder, we are a historically shit club

Since Adelaide joined the AFL in 1991 there are only three teams to have NEVER had a sustained period of top 4 finishes. By that I mean finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 consecutive years.

Gold Coast
GWS
Adelaide

Finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 years is an extremely good predictor of winning flags. 26 out of the last 32 flags to be precise.

We have NEVER been capable of doing this in our history

Never understood the weird attacks on people having multiple accounts etc. I don’t comment much, I usually come here to laugh at the melts.
And now everyone is laughing at your lack of comprehension of the actual issue being discussed, which is the ludicrous public lynching being given to Rachele by his captain, coach and some cooked senior player who botched everything he went near in the showdown.

Handle it in-house.

Rachele out for “personal reasons”.

= this discussion doesn’t exist.

Club far too moronic for that. Must humiliate 21 year old. Then double and triple down on it. It beggars belief.

You're allowed to have your opinion.

Laughing at people melting when we're 15th on the ladder five years into a rebuild is a little odd though.

Just a reminder, we are a historically shit club

Since Adelaide joined the AFL in 1991 there are only three teams to have NEVER had a sustained period of top 4 finishes. By that I mean finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 consecutive years.

Gold Coast
GWS
Adelaide

Finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 years is an extremely good predictor of winning flags. 26 out of the last 32 flags to be precise.

We have NEVER been capable of doing this in our history

That is an incredible stat and quite damning for the Crows.
The Giants would have been pretty close to getting there too I’d think, closer than the Crows have been.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're allowed to have your opinion.

Laughing at people melting when we're 15th on the ladder five years into a rebuild is a little odd though.
Oh I’m frustrated as well! But I can’t think of many teams who have completely bottomed out and decided to do a full rebuild who were competing after 5 years.

I laugh more at how most of the issues are on Nicks, even though most of these issues existed prior to him. List management, some senior players, Roo etc are bigger issues.

That is an incredible stat and quite damning for the Crows.
The Giants would have been pretty close to getting there too I’d think, closer than the Crows have been.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our best effort was 3 6 12 1 2 from 2002 to 2006 which is three top 4 finishes in five years. Which typically isn't good enough for success, and that's proven as we didn't even make a grand final during that period

GWS have only finished top 4 twice

Oh I’m frustrated as well! But I can’t think of many teams who have completely bottomed out and decided to do a full rebuild who were competing after 5 years.

I laugh more at how most of the issues are on Nicks, even though most of these issues existed prior to him. List management, some senior players, Roo etc are bigger issues.
I definitely agree on the second point (even posted as such earlier tonight).

The next 12 months is going to get messy with lots of people thrown under the bus I think. Shame when the list is actually coming together ok.

This week has made me feel so removed from the club. Who knew the rot ran this deep?

Nicks is out of his depth, and probably knows it.

The assistant coaches know they're under the gun.

Most of the leadership group is shit, and knows they'll be lucky to play 22 matches next year.

The Club management knows they've absolutely ****ed it with the extension.

The entire Club is now in self preservation mode, driven from the top and the Coach - and they're acting accordingly.

No strong, accountable, positive organisation would dream of behaving in such a disgusting, selfish fashion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back