Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is now bordering on workplace bullying. Leave this basket Rachele. Are they actually deliberately trying to push him out of the club.

It is the most broken club in this competition.

**** your 2025 membership.

The pile on is genuinely incomprehensible.

How is there not a single person in this shit organisation with the balls and the authority to put a stop to this?

How is it possible they ALL think this is a good way to approach it?

Our best effort was 3 6 12 1 2 from 2002 to 2006 which is three top 4 finishes in five years. Which typically isn't good enough for success, and that's proven as we didn't even make a grand final during that period

GWS have only finished top 4 twice

Probably feels like a bit better as they made the GF a couple of years later from outside the top 4

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks is out of his depth, and probably knows it.

The assistant coaches know they're under the gun.

Most of the leadership group is shit, and knows they'll be lucky to play 22 matches next year.

The Club management knows they've absolutely ****ed it with the extension.

The entire Club is now in self preservation mode, driven from the top and the Coach - and they're acting accordingly.

No strong, accountable, positive organisation would dream of behaving in such a disgusting, selfish fashion.

Agree many in decision making positions are in self preservation mode, which is the worse space to be to make good strategic decisions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fifth-year coach would not go into detail about what Rachele was doing wrong but said the team’s decision was “about values and the standards we are looking to uphold consistently”.

“Central to that is being team-first,” Nicks said.

“It’s not really a decision in the end because when you’re dealing with values, there’s no decision to be made.

“Josh and I have had a number of conversations.

“This is something we’ve been working on for a long period of time now, not just Josh and I, but the team … about what it is we stand for.

“It’s a fine line between what we accept and don’t as a football club and football team.

“If we want to be serious about those values, we’ve got to live up to those … otherwise they’re just words.”

Tex, "He doesn't mind if we miss some sessions,"

**** off Nicks, you're full of shit - and hopeless.

How is there not a single person in this shit organisation with the balls and the authority to put a stop to this?

Breaking news: Failure of an organisation that has experienced very close to zero success since the turn of the century and contains a grand total of 0 premiership players, assistants or coaches makes a series of horrendous people management choices, and entire AFL world recoils in disbelief at the incomprehensible decisions involved that have culminated in a 21 year old, highly talented player being unnecessarily publicly humiliated by his captain, coach, assistant coach and a shit senior player who doesn’t even deserve to be in the team.

Pass Josh the talking stick and put a harness on him. This club is a disgrace and if any player is unlucky enough to be drafted by us, good luck in ever coming close to reaching your potential. You’ll need it.

Do they all think this way or were they told what to say from above?

Remember after the camp when we rolled out pretty much every single senior player to say how great the camp was?

I don't for one minute even think this has come from Nicks. He's coaching for his job, so would be desperate to have his best players out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember after the camp when we rolled out pretty much every single senior player to say how great the camp was?

I don't for one minute even think this has come from Nicks. He's coaching for his job, so would be desperate to have his best players out there.
Gee, I think this has Nicks finger prints all over it.

I am so sick of the commentary about toning down the rivalry and trying to make it so vanilla. **** off, rivarly is part of what makes this sport good and it will never change between us and Port. It's become so cringe in recent years where they actively show the lyrics and crap for all away teams songs live at the game etc., It's supposed to be a hostile environment for the opposition team.

The fact that this is being aired publicly over and over either means our entire club is inept and can't have a basic meeting to be aligned on the message (likely), or there is something more going on that is behind close doors (and that the club and all of its leaders are completely inept).

Very disappointed in Daws.

I hate to bring his name up, but man do I miss Walsh, an actual leader.

Edit: Just to be clear, of course I want it to be a safe environment for fans to attend the game, but maybe items like this add even more ammo for segregated home/away seating as it came up recently, or more family seating. A fired up and passionate crowd is what makes the game feel alive.

I have attended 90% of our home games since we moved to AO and I have only seen one incident of physical violence in my bay which wasn't even a showdown and was in 2014. These days if someone has too many drinks and tries something security/police eject them so quickly which is good.

Last edited:
Gee, I think this has Nicks finger prints all over it.
It feels too orchestrated to be Nicks, particularly with the media strategy.

Especially when it was Olsen who put the order out not to say anything before the showdown.

Disagree - this is Nicks trying to make a strong statement and prove that he's capable of driving high standards.

Which is bullshit.

It's the same as Brad Scott not playing Heppell last week - it's fake tough guy shit to prove a point; but it's so pathetic and shallow that everybody sees through it.

Disagree - this is Nicks trying to make a strong statement and prove that he's capable of driving high standards.

Which is bullshit.

It's the same as Brad Scott not playing Heppell last week - it's fake tough guy shit to prove a point; but it's so pathetic and shallow that everybody sees through it.
It’s also a super easy target… Josh will improve (whether he has a good coach or not) but players like Laird and Murphy have already hit their ceiling and are on a steady decline. At least with Rash, it has a chance at a redemption arc…

Very weak leadership.

Just a reminder, we are a historically shit club

Since Adelaide joined the AFL in 1991 there are only three teams to have NEVER had a sustained period of top 4 finishes. By that I mean finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 consecutive years.

Gold Coast
GWS
Adelaide

Finishing top 4 at least 3 times in 4 years is an extremely good predictor of winning flags. 26 out of the last 32 flags to be precise.

We have NEVER been capable of doing this in our history
Yet we won two flags in two years! ;)

It’s also a super easy target… Josh will improve (whether he has a good coach or not) but players like Laird and Murphy have already hit their ceiling and are on a steady decline. At least with Rash, it has a chance at a redemption arc…

Very weak leadership.
He was a rising star nominee, kicked 30 and led the team in goal assists this season, and is a 2 time selection in the 22 under 22 side.

He doesn't need a redemption arch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back