Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

The main positive that makes me hope he’ll want his future to be here, is that he’s got a good number of close mates around the club (Soli/Nank in particular), plus his girlfriend (is she originally from SA)?

Yes, the senior players and coaches are being shitheads, but it feels like he would have a good support network other than that

I actually ****n hope he asks for a trade.

And we get **** all for him.

And curtin asks too.

This shit club deserves nothing less.

Blow the entire place up. Reduce it to ashes.
And.. Not even sure if that happened.. that it would even be worth rebuilding.

A stain on the whole state of South Australia.

I actually ****n hope he asks for a trade.

And we get **** all for him.

And curtin asks too.

This shit club deserves nothing less.

Blow the entire place up. Reduce it to ashes.
And.. Not even sure if that happened.. that it would even be worth rebuilding.

A stain on the whole state of South Australia.
Good to see you in a good mood😂

Only Josh?
Josh more than most, it seems as if he’s doing what he thinks he needs to do to play his best.
People like Murphy the club is the place to play his best footy as it’s the only place that would let him play footy.

The main positive that makes me hope he’ll want his future to be here, is that he’s got a good number of close mates around the club (Soli/Nank in particular), plus his girlfriend (is she originally from SA)?

Yes, the senior players and coaches are being shitheads, but it feels like he would have a good support network other than that
I have maintained Rachele has underwhelmed for most of the year but his last 5 or 6 games have been much much better. Hopefully he does take it as a kick up the butt and become the player - an elite player - that we all hoped for after his first year and then start of his second. He has not progressed in my eyes this year overall. Stood still or perhaps regressed relative to last years form.

I can see the media pushing this one into something happening.
Josh will realize that this isn’t the place for him to play his best footy.
Cmon he is contracted for 5 years and has always said he loves the club. Lives with best mates and has a steady GF in ADL. How soft as a society, team or individual (or BF forum) that one worthless game being dropped for - for issues lasting many mths from the sounds of it inc him being soft with the hard ball - that he will spit the dummy after one instance and go home crying to Mummy.

Let’s watch his form next year and see if it’s the kick up the butt he needed after a mediocre season.

By the way, why on earth are we having some much deference to a "leadership group" of a fifteenth placed team with one game left to play?

We'll have a different list next year, and presumably a differently constituted leadership group.
Leadership group better be different.

Name me another afl club that Lachie ****ing Murphy would make it into the leadership group. The campaigner shouldn’t even be on an afl list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, why on earth are we having some much deference to a "leadership group" of a fifteenth placed team with one game left to play?

We'll have a different list next year, and presumably a differently constituted leadership group.
Bit of an odd thing to say. Surely you recognise it's not about the collection of individuals but what they represent as a whole.

Cmon he is contracted for 5 years and has always said he loves the club. Lives with best mates and has a steady GF in ADL. How soft as a society, team or individual (or BF forum) that one worthless game being dropped for - for issues lasting many mths from the sounds of it inc him being soft with the hard ball - that he will spit the dummy after one instance and go home crying to Mummy.

Let’s watch his form next year and see if it’s the kick up the butt he needed after a mediocre season.
When was the last time you saw a club publicly humiliate a kid like this?
Sure he may have some issues we don’t know about but the way it’s played out has been diabolical from the club.

When was the last time you saw a club publicly humiliate a kid like this?
Sure he may have some issues we don’t know about but the way it’s played out has been diabolical from the club.
Agree could have been handled better but I wouldn’t say “humiliated” (and won’t get into semantics of what best word is but I do agree it could have been handled better - no question).

Calling someone “pathetic” was true humiliation and you know what. The guy that said it is revered as our greatest ever

Agree could have been handled better but I wouldn’t say “humiliated” (and won’t get into semantics of what best word is but I do agree it could have been handled better - no question).

Calling someone “pathetic” was true humiliation and you know what. The guy that said it is revered as our greatest ever
Completely different times then though.

Completely different times then though.
That is true also. But other posters are referencing other 90’s/early 2000’s issues (Modra dropped, SJ dropped for 6 weeks) so didn’t think it was out of place.

Anyway, it’s been a shit week and a shit year overall. I haven’t got the bandwidth to keep reading this specific thread as it’s doing my head in and I am not getting anything out of it that wasn’t covered in the first 10/20 pages already.

Nobody would be upset seeing Nicks sacked for a gun coach here. That’s the big picture issue but it seems we are stuck with him for another half-full season to give him one last chance

That is true also. But other posters are referencing other 90’s/early 2000’s issues (Modra dropped, SJ dropped for 6 weeks) so didn’t think it was out of place.

Anyway, it’s been a shit week and a shit year overall. I haven’t got the bandwidth to keep reading this specific thread as it’s doing my head in and I am not getting anything out of it that wasn’t covered in the first 10/20 pages already.

Nobody would be upset seeing Nicks sacked for a gun coach here. That’s the big picture issue but it seems we are stuck with him for another half-full season to give him one last chance

Modra's dropping led to him leaving the club

The way I see it it’s a free hit, we can’t get someone any worse.

With zero success since he left.

I wonder how Scott Welsh is thinking about this situation given the circumstances of him leaving the club and knowing his son is likely about to be a part of it.

We also lost Ben Hudson and Bernie Vince who both went on to have pretty useful careers after leaving us despite the issues the crows took with them.

The way I see it it’s a free hit, we can’t get someone any worse.
Well almost no one :) https://www.geelongunitedbasketball.com.au/person/mark-neeld

Our effort on tonight’s game holds most interest to me. With very few exceptions I have always felt the team has “played for” Nicks. “Emptied themselves out” was Buckleys description about our players efforts last year in a close loss to Pies at The G.

Now IF they come out tonight and don’t give a shit - say 10 goal + loss - then it actually says something very disturbing to me that he may have finally lost them. Plenty of teams in our situation do lost these sort of games by huge margins at the end of a year.

I will be interested in our efforts as may be illuminating

Not in 1994 it didn’t which is what the article is referencing

Ps I know I am a one man band here but Modra going down with an ACL allowed us to win the GF. We weren’t likely winning it with his horrid form that year leading into the game ave ONE goal per game over 6 weeks when most FF kicked 3-4 a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back