Judd on SEN?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't ever really see Brennan being much more than a pretty good forward flanker who can do the odd freakish thing.

The problem is he tries those freakish things so much, he ends up making far more mistakes than he does miraculous accomplishments. The only way to cut out the mistakes is to convince him to stop trying the miraculous and if he stops trying the miraculous, he'd just be an average player with a semi-decent pair of hands.

It'd take an act of god to make Jaren Brennan fully live up to his potential and I'm not all that thrilled with the idea of him at Carlton, to be honest. I hope he commits to Richmond so we can see what else is out there.

I don't ever really see Brennan being much more than a pretty good forward flanker who can do the odd freakish thing.

The problem is he tries those freakish things so much, he ends up making far more mistakes than he does miraculous accomplishments. The only way to cut out the mistakes is to convince him to stop trying the miraculous and if he stops trying the miraculous, he'd just be an average player with a semi-decent pair of hands.

It'd take an act of god to make Jaren Brennan fully live up to his potential and I'm not all that thrilled with the idea of him at Carlton, to be honest. I hope he commits to Richmond so we can see what else is out there.

And that Veronica, was how we built the AFL robots.

Exactly. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but I'm saying that the mistakes he makes outweigh the positives by too great a margin.

I mean, I could run out onto an AFL field and try to sit on someone's head and take a mark every time the ball went near me, but I'd cost the team more than I'd gain them because I just couldn't pull it off often enough.

Brennan is not a Koutoufides or a Jezza or a Daicos who could routinely pull off the miraculous without the abundance of mistakes. I don't think he'll become one either, so I'm not excited about him at Carlton.

Pay him 450k a year so he can only play 1 great game a year? He is more frustrating than Eddie Betts.

Nah, just hope he heads to Melbourne, Richmond commit their #1 to picking him up thus significantly opening up Carlton's PSD options.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd on SEN?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back