Judd wants to move on!

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.abc.com.au/news/stories/2007/11/12/2088309.htm

I just want to move on: Judd

Chris Judd says he wants to move on and would be relucatant to give evidence to an inquiry into the Eagles (file photo) (AAP: Simon Mossman)

Former West Coast captain Chris Judd says he would be reluctant to give evidence at an inquiry held by the Eagles.
Both West Coast and the AFL have launched investigations into the culture at the club after a series of off-field problems in the recent season.
But Judd, who has moved to Carlton in the off-season, says he would appear if requested.
"It's been a tough time for the Eagles the past 12 months," he said.
"Essentially I think they are looking to move on and so am I."

That's all well and good, but the fact remains that he was captain of the club during this time, which makes him a prime candidate to shed some light on the culture of the place during this time.

The opening line of the article has already been edited since you copied and pasted it just over an hour ago.

It now reads:

The former West Coast captain Chris Judd says he would give evidence if he was called to any inquiry into the Eagles.

Only 3 words were removed: 'be reluctant to' -totally changes the meaning tho!

:rolleyes:

If you read the article on Carltonfc.com.au, I was surprised to see this comment by Chris, not too sure what it means exactly as I haven't read into it allot, although it does concern me a little:

“It’s obviously a very unfortunate situation for the club to be put in and for Ben and his family but I’m essentially removed from that now and looking forward to the future I’m trying to be a part of here at Carlton.”

Asked if he was relieved to be away from Perth, Judd replied: “not really”.

“They’re a great footy club (the Eagles), who as I said have had a tough 12 months,” he said.

What does he mean by this, your opinions?

Well if he said that he was relieved, it would be a media frenzy. It would be like admitting that he left because of the culture of the club. He's just playing his cards close to his chest.

Well, wouldn't you want to leave because of drugs in your team?

I certainly would, Chris was practically surrounded by players who would use rec. drugs i.e. Kerr, Chick & Cousins etc etc.

IMHO I believe Chris left because of that issue along with also wanting to come home (it's not as if the public didn't know what was going on down at WCE).

So what media frenzy would it have caused? (If Judd was on drugs, that would have been a frenzy!)

If you listen to the West Coke Supporters, Judd left to chase the dollar which makes him a stupid bastard in their eyes.

But I havent seen what comments are coming out now after the Cousins incident concerning Judd.

A lot of people knew about the drug culture there and when Judd announced he wasnt renewing his contract, they all had a wry smile on their faces as the media came out citing Judd wanting to go home to family as the reason. They all knew that Judd had gotten sick and tired of all the adverse publicity at the weagles and wanted to get away from the whole scene.

It never helped the eagles hiring Woosha either. Because he is a pharmacist, his name is at the front of a steroids rumour that has been floating around since the Eagles lost their first flag in 91.

The entire playing staff came out the next year an average of 17kg heavier in muscle but no-one said boo about it.

The eagles are going to have to react harshly to any findings by both their internal investigation and the AFL investigation or the AFL will deal harshly with the club.

This is the gist of how the PC went:

Reporter: - Will you give evidence should the AFL Commission request you to:
Judd: - I'd prefer not to.

Later in the PC, he qualified that by saying that he would assist the AFL if he was asked, but if he had a choice, he'd prefer not to.

Pretty simple really.

If he wants no part of it, fair enough, but if he is called to tell the truth about what those drug addicts were doing, then he should, it's morality, and we're already getting it in the ear enough with bloody Pratt's transgression, despite his good work for the club this year...

I think it;'s disgusting West Coast Coolers aren't gettting punished. Carlton got decimated for cheating payments, but here is a team that promotes drug use, arrogance and a lack of personal responsibilities as sportsmen. These guys aren't fricken rockstars, they represent the elite in sport prowess, physical fitness and are easily the biggest entertainers in the land. Footy is a family entertainment, and that is what it is, sure these guys want to be rockstars, and there are shows like the Footy Show making them metrasexual popstars, but at the end of it they play to win and give their supporters hope.

West Coast as a team neglected all this because they knew it would damage their club and cause them to lose star player and hence lose their competitive edge, and look whats happened now. This is a worse perversion of the cause of footy ever committed, and makes Carlton's salary cheating look like not paying a parking meter, compared to West coast Eagles acting as a good advertisements for the multi billion dollar illicit drug industry.

Bring those West Coast crooks down!

It was good to see on the interview today that he refered to West Coast as 'them':) That was the most excellent thing in the world. "They have some issues over there"... Just makes it all the more sweeter!

Well, wouldn't you want to leave because of drugs in your team?

I certainly would, Chris was practically surrounded by players who would use rec. drugs i.e. Kerr, Chick & Cousins etc etc.

IMHO I believe Chris left because of that issue along with also wanting to come home (it's not as if the public didn't know what was going on down at WCE).

So what media frenzy would it have caused? (If Judd was on drugs, that would have been a frenzy!)

It would've thrown even more heat onto West Coast (which Judd wanted to avoid) and would further alienate Judd in the eyes of people in Perth for 'abandoning them when they needed him the most'. No doubt this is a reason for it, but he doesn't want a bar of it. Imagine how much hoopla there would be if the hun had in big bold letters tomorrow morning

JUDD: "THEY PUSHED ME AWAY"

West Coast would implode.

Dramoth
The entire playing staff came out the next year an average of 17kg heavier in muscle but no-one said boo about it

Whoa, that's a pretty big call. Got any facts to back that up big fella?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the gist of how the PC went:

Reporter: - Will you give evidence should the AFL Commission request you to:
Judd: - I'd prefer not to.

Later in the PC, he qualified that by saying that he would assist the AFL if he was asked, but if he had a choice, he'd prefer not to.

Pretty simple really.

No not really, he was the CAPTAIN, during the time the investigation will look at. Why should the rest of the WCE have to face the inquiry and not him.

Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to be involved in any enquiry either with the shit that he probably knows. At least he said he will cooperate if needed. Me personally, I'm looking forward to the inquiry. Get everything out in the open, clean up the whole bloody sordid mess, cut more players if necessary, punish us if needed, and bloody well move on so we can start afresh next year. I am well and truly bloody well over it...

It is Judd being his diplomatic best. He doesn't want to alienate anyone, certainly not the club which he captained, won a Brownlow, Norm Smith and Premiership medallion and still has close friends at.

But read into it what you like. The guy is, IMO, an upstanding person and doesn't want to assist in dragging the club through the mud.

On realfooty.com.au the headline says "Judd wants to put probe behind him".....hey whatever floats your boat.

101.gif

1.jpg

Has Judd had any "lost time" episodes recently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd wants to move on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back