Judd's been cited

Remove this Banner Ad

Eye gouging, squirrel grips and king hits are the 3 lowest things to get charged with ...

Judd is a champion player but he had a brain failure at the time...

Just cop the week and move on...

Re: judd offered a week

how cna you compare the 2 Goodes was a purposefull premeditated punch from behind, some would say this is a dog act. Judd had 2 players on top of him, one with an elbow in his throat, and he has accidently put his hand on someones face (whether it was eye or noe vistim says no) in an attempt to get him off so he can breathe

Funny that, I dont remember Goodes "punching" anybody in the back. I remember him crashing into some nuff nuff player. He has never jammed his fingers into another player's eye! Get over it, Judd did what he did, was caught on video and should be suspended. Thank your lucky stars he didnt get 4 weeks.

WC fans all think your team are hard done by, all the crap you have copped this year has been of your team's own making.

His quote stated that no VICTORIAN had won anything of note. This would indicate to me he was talking about victorian individuals not victorian teams/players of victorian teams. :rolleyes: Moron!
you know what **** stick you and people like are the reason this web site is ****ed:thumbsu:
I hope i get red carded just so i don't have to talk to shit heads like you:p :)

Funny that, I dont remember Goodes "punching" anybody in the back. I remember him crashing into some nuff nuff player. He has never jammed his fingers into another player's eye! Get over it, Judd did what he did, was caught on video and should be suspended. Thank your lucky stars he didnt get 4 weeks.

WC fans all think your team are hard done by, all the crap you have copped this year has been of your team's own making.
Well maybe you should have another look at it and see his fist in the back

your hysterical rant is equally rubbish

it will go to the tribunal and be found guilty or not guilty

argue once the case is over if you disagree with the outcome
Fair call!! got a little bit angry there. some of the stuff i read and heard today was rubbish i.e some Sports bet place had him at $1.10 to get off and $6 to go. This is what came out of hawthorns best win this year "JUDD this" "judd that".

Funny how getting caught on video didn't mean anything for O'Loughlin when he eye gouged Hunter in the Qualifying final.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. A Sydney player cannot get rubbed out of the finals, its in the rules.;)

what a load of shit this years brownlow will be.
Personally I wouldnt want it, knowing that there are players who, in all honesty, should have got it.

The award is for the FAIREST and best, therefore eye-gougers should not win! Pretty simple guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you know what **** stick you and people like are the reason this web site is ****ed:thumbsu:
I hope i get red carded just so i don't have to talk to shit heads like you:p :)

Just fighting fire with fire mate.

If it makes you feel any better I retract the moron comment.

D!ckweed:thumbsu:

Funny how getting caught on video didn't mean anything for O'Loughlin when he eye gouged Hunter in the Qualifying final.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. A Sydney player cannot get rubbed out of the finals, its in the rules.;)

Just like Cousins' complementary visit from Demetriou, so he could cry on his shoulder n ask for another 60K?

Dont seem to recall that one either. What video were you watching? :rolleyes: I think you may have made all this up in your own lunchtime.

edited video from the original one I posted

sendspace 6 megs download
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iujqau

This video angle shows 3 of Juddy's fingers above the eye socket and the pinky above the eye....but its not conclusive whether it actually made contact with the eye....

If Browny testifies that he didn't make contact with the eye..... >,>

*knock on wood*

Also the Oz has the inside word on Juddy's testimony apparently (taken with a pinch of salt)

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21803473-5012432,00.html

BROWNLOW favourite Chris Judd will argue he was attempting to push Hawthorn's Campbell Brown off him should the match review panel cite the champion West Coast player for eye-gouging today.

It is believed Judd, who was slumped on the ground after being tackled by two players, will acknowledge his fingers were across Brown's face.

But should he face the tribunal, Judd is expected to say his fingers were positioned that way because he was using his thumb, which was pressed into Brown's neck just below the ear, to push him away.

Some people in this post really have to have a think about what they're saying.

Holland got off for front on scratching contact the face with VISIBLE damage done...

Judd will appeal and get off and still be eligible for good old Charlie B.

Get it right champ.

A carefully selected and contrived still photo from an early contest was put in the WA paper as a beat up.

It was the usual gutter standard WA press...noone else cared except weagle fans conveniently looking to label someone.

Split it up into stills and you'll find everything from elbows punches gouges and free kicks in every contest for the ball...its just a matter of freezing it at the right time and the right angle.

WA press is chock full of losers with one goal.

He is very very very stiff.

But we need all the help we can get on Sunday, so if he goes i will shake my head but not be complaining.

Charges Laid:

Heath Black, Fremantle, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Andrew McQualter, St Kilda, during the fourth quarter of the Round Nine match between Fremantle and St Kilda, played at Subiaco on Friday May 25, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of three activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

Chris Judd, West Coast, has been charged with misconduct in that he eye-gouged Campbell Brown, Hawthorn, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between West Coast and Hawthorn, played at Aurora Stadium on Saturday May 26, 2007.

In summary, his prior record means that the sanction must remain at one match.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing record of one match suspended within the last three years, which increases the penalty by 10 per cent to 137.50 points. An early plea would reduce the sanction by 25 per cent to a 103.13 points and a one-match sanction.

Martin Mattner, Adelaide, has been charged with tripping Luke Blackwell, Carlton, during the fourth quarter of the Round Nine match between Adelaide and Carlton, played at Telstra Dome on Saturday May 26, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 45 points towards his future record with an early plea, due to an existing five-year good record.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 80 demerit points and a reprimand. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces his penalty by 25 per cent to 60 demerit points. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and a 45 points towards his future record.

Brent Harvey, the Kangaroos, has been charged with striking Simon Godfrey, Melbourne, during the first quarter of the Round Nine match between the Kangaroos and Melbourne, played at the MCG on Sunday May 27, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 60 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 80 demerit points and a reprimand. He has no applicable good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 60 points towards his future record.

Corey Jones, the Kangaroos, has been charged with making negligent contact with umpire Troy Pannell during the second quarter of the Round Nine match between the Kangaroos and Melbourne, played at the MCG on Sunday May 27, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a $2400 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $3200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $2400 sanction.

Mark Blake, Geelong, has been charged with making negligent contact with umpire Matthew James during the second quarter of the Round Nine match between Geelong and Port Adelaide, played at AAMI Stadium on Sunday May 27, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a $2400 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $3200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $2400 sanction.

Matt Thomas, Port Adelaide, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Andrew Mackie, Geelong, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between Port Adelaide and Geelong, played at AAMI Stadium on Sunday May 27, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

Other Incidents Assessed:
The panel assessed the match day report laid against Fremantle's Michael Johnson, who was reported for striking St Kilda's Justin Koschitzke during Friday's game at Subiaco. It was the view of the panel that Johnson ran back with the flight of the ball to a marking contest. He had his eyes on the ball the whole time until he made contact with Koschitzke. Johnson did not swing his arm into the St Kilda player and it was seen as a genuine attempt to spoil the ball. As such, the action was not considered reportable and no further action was taken.

The panel assessed the match day report laid against Carlton's Matthew Lappin, who was reported for attemping to trip Adelaide's Jason Torney during Saturday's game at Telstra Dome. It was the view of the panel that Lappin's action was not considered a genuine and realistic attempt to trip. As such, no further action was taken.

Contact between Fremantle's Dean Solomon and St Kilda's Sam Gilbert from the first quarter of Friday's match was reviewed. The panel deemed that Solomon took possession of the ball and then attempted to fend Gilbert off. Although contact was high, it was not considered to be a striking action and was not reportable.

Contact between Richmond's Will Thursfield and Essendon's Alwyn Davey from the second quarter of Saturday's game was reviewed. Thursfield made contact with Davey in the abdominal region in an attempt to shepherd. The contact was judged to be neither unreasonable in the circumstances, nor a striking action. No further action was taken.

Contact between Essendon's Scott Lucas and Richmond's Richard Tambling from the third quarter of Saturday's game was reviewed. It was the view of the panel that Tambling fell into Lucas' hip while the Essendon player gained possession of the ball. The umpire blew the whistle as Lucas gained possession and it was viewed that the Essendon player had no realistic alternative to contest the ball. As such, no further action was required.

Contact between Melbourne's Daniel Bell and the Kangaroos' Andrew Swallow from the second quarter of Sunday's game was reviewed. Bell's action was considered to be accidental and not a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

It has got me stuffed how Chris Judd can get one week for what he did and Michael Johnson hitting a bloke in the jaw with a big round arm can get off.

"The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing record of one match suspended within the last three years, which increases the penalty by 10 per cent to 137.50 points. An early plea would reduce the sanction by 25 per cent to a 103.13 points and a one-match sanction."

1. "Negligent conduct" essentially means "careless". Was Chris Judd careless in doing what he did? Yes. It does not mean he meant to do what he did but its fairly simple to conclude that yes Judd was careless.

2. Was the contact "low impact"? There was impact and it was low. Video footage is conclusive of that again. Does this mean that he hurt Brown? No. The AFL however will disregard anything Campbell Brown says due to the "player's code". Players, like in most tribunal matters, would be irrelevant.

3. Was their "high contact"? Yes it was above Brown's shoulders. Could he have this reduced claiming he couldn't see what he was doing? Probably not. This has been accounting for in point 1 where he has been deemed negligent or careless. If it was reduced to one point, that would likely have no effect because the 25% reduction for a guilty plea would be eliminated.

I don't see how Eagle's fans can dispute what the AFL has decided. It seems pretty simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd's been cited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back