Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. The two teams can wear those guernseys and the away team can wear the white shorts.
Look, I’d prefer not but I still don’t think it would be the worst clash we’ve seen.

More to the original point it’s perplexing to me that anyone with a passing knowledge of football would have seen Carlton, in a navy jumper with a big white monogram and mistaken them for GWS.

That Demon away kit is my most hated in the comp. Not a fan of the blue

I've always liked Melbourne's 'Color TV' royal blue jumper with red yoke. I think it looks great, but each to their own. If you want to see a really bad Melbourne jumper, check out their silver 'tin-man' jumper of the late 2000s, that is one of the worst ever.

One other great jumper I haven't seen in years is the Brisbane Bears' 1992-1996 jumper, maroon in color with a gold and white vee. You still see it being worn in country and suburban leagues, but I haven't seen the Lions wear it for at least 20 years. I've seen them wear new jumpers inspired by the design, and on occasion the triangular BB jumper of the Bears' early years of 1987-1991, but not the jumper worn at the time of the merger.

I would love to see the Lions play games against Port Adelaide wearing the second Bears jumper in one, and a 1980s/1990s Fitzroy jumper in another, as Port obviously never played Fitzroy or the Bears.

To me Carlton v Richmond right now is a clash. Carlton should be in all lighter colours. ie in an all white strip. The inverse of their home jumper looks good and is a complete contrast to Richmond's black.

White shorts alone isn't enough to quickly and clearly segregate players easily in the run of play, tackles and scraps etc. It just looks busier on the field when Carltons white jumpers are hanging up somewhere unused.

Same as WCE v Hawks, the genius decision to have 2 yellow jumpers on the field. Hawks should be in white jumpers to match the shorts. Dark vs light.

Last edited:
Never gonna change until it costs them a game and a player says he thought it was a teammate.
If they wear it against freo and port then they need to wear it against Richmond collingwood and Essendon.

I just dont watch the games now (that game not even on free to air up here anyway today).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never gonna change until it costs them a game and a player says he thought it was a teammate.
If they wear it against freo and port then they need to wear it against Richmond collingwood and Essendon.

I just dont watch the games now (that game not even on free to air up here anyway today).
Remember how this was a problem with the trainers?

So they got trainers to wear vests to avoid clashes between trainers in brown vs players in navy. But players in black and navy seem OK.

In fairness Richmond and Essendon are genuinely terrible for this too, except against each other occasionally. Collingwood are the only big four team who get it right every time in these games.
Only time Richmond and Essendon avoid clashes against each other is the Dreamtime game. The other fixture with them in back to the status quo.

Just realised our other two games in that 5 week stretch are against Geelong (always bad) and Hawthorn who have decided to wear a jumper that drastically reduces the colour that is the most contrasting between the two teams. :rolleyes:

1719789353052.gif

In fairness Richmond and Essendon are genuinely terrible for this too, except against each other occasionally. Collingwood are the only big four team who get it right every time in these games.

And I suspect they only get it right because their clash is more or less the same design, and the same jumper they wore for 100 years.

I suspect if they had to wear a different design then they too would not wear a clash against those clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back