Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd rnd pick or PSD non negotiable sook.
I never said otherwise you utter moron. You genuinely haven't disagreed with a single thing I've said on this page. You're just stuck in an imaginary argument because you're too stupid to read the post you're quoting and respond accordingly.

He's uncontracted. This isn't the choice your club has. If Rioli wants to go, he's gone. West Coast can choose to take whatever Port offer or they can choose to stand their ground and lose him for nothing, but there's no third option where they keep Rioli.

Happy to lose him for nothing and either North or Essendon get a free hit. Because a 3rd rounder is nothing.

If Port want to be unreasonable then no one wins. And in the future player managers wont trust them to get any deals done. Also clubs will avoid dealing with them. Such as last year when the Eagles accomodated them in landing their man with pick swaps.

Ripping off clubs and being assholes at the trade table is a very short term view. Especially with multiple WA players coming out of contract in 2023.

You reap what you sow.

Why is Port into a single goal a game small forward with baggage?
He's not worth pick 25-30. He's not worth a pile of cash.

They can't think he's the missing piece of their puzzle?

I'm wary of lumping all opposition fans together, but the fella on the radio saying he wanted Georgiades or Powell Pepper in return must have been snorting heroin with his oats this morning.

Why is Port into a single goal a game small forward with baggage?
He's not worth pick 25-30. He's not worth a pile of cash.

They can't think he's the missing piece of their puzzle?

I'm wary of lumping all opposition fans together, but the fella on the radio saying he wanted Georgiades or Powell Pepper in return must have been snorting heroin with his oats this morning.
He basically replaces Stephen Motlop

Happy to lose him for nothing and either North or Essendon get a free hit. Because a 3rd rounder is nothing.

If Port want to be unreasonable then no one wins. And in the future player managers wont trust them to get any deals done. Also clubs will avoid dealing with them. Such as last year when the Eagles accomodated them in landing their man with pick swaps.

Ripping off clubs and being assholes at the trade table is a very short term view. Especially with multiple WA players coming out of contract in 2023.

You reap what you sow.
Rioli is a very talented footballer, no doubt. He's also 27, he's only played 26 games in the past 4 years, he has repeated drug issues, he has weight and fitness issues, he has injury issues, he has off-field issues, and he only averages a tick over a goal a game.

If West Coast would rather send him to the PSD than accept a third rounder that's entirely up to them, and I'm not even necessarily going to tell you that they'd be wrong to make that decision. Port once made a similar decision with Nick Stevens, I don't think Port made the wrong decision there either. But if you think that suddenly the entire AFL world is going to look down on Port as 'unreasonable' if they don't offer more than that and it's going to lead to players walking to WA and opposition players not wanting to come here next year, you're deluded. See Pusswah's post above from a neutral.

I think the end result is probably Port offer a second and get something back. But if the end result is Port offer a third rounder, West Coast don't accept it, Port don't up their offer, and Rioli walks to the PSD, West Coast have lost something and Port haven't, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

, and he is a guaranteed first 22 for the next five years, which you cannot say with a random 2nd round pick in the draft.
lol.

Most players aren’t guaranteed 5years from 28.

Much less a player with riolis history

Much less players who obviously take training and fitness less seriously.

Just cause a few of the leagues guns play post 30, everyone seems to think it’s commonplace, rather than the exception.

Hell, at port we had nearly 40 players on the list this season and only a handful (boak, gray , motlop Jonas and McKenzie) of them were post 30, and of that group zero of them were in anything near their peak career form. Most (if not all) of that group were completely and utterly cooked.

So spare us the “he’s got 5 years left” bullshit.

lol.

Most players aren’t guaranteed 5years from 28.

Much less a player with riolis history

Much less players who obviously take training and fitness less seriously.

Just cause a few of the leagues guns play post 30, everyone seems to think it’s commonplace, rather than the exception.

Hell, at port we had nearly 40 players on the list this season and only a handful (boak, gray , motlop Jonas and McKenzie) of them were post 30, and of that group zero of them were in anything near their peak career form. Most (if not all) of that group were completely and utterly cooked.

So spare us the “he’s got 5 years left” bullshit.
He will be 27 at the start of the season and could play for 5 years. Why would your club be recruiting a player for 2 or 3 years? What a stupid list decision considering that you arnt in a premiership window.
Stop trying ro downplay his value.
He is worth a mid second rounder.

I thought the Weagles terms were similar except they have some required KPI's?
Yep. Contrary to the Crows fans on here the media are saying the terms are similar and reasonable.

Some suggesting Port offered and extra year, some saying not.

All seem to think Port have less clauses.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Less clauses could just mean west coast have a lot of clauses and port has less than that..

Somehow west coast fans are all in on spouting the propaganda that port have some massive contract for him.
Maybe it's because there are reports West Coast had offered him a significant contact and Rioli then stated he will base his decision on financial.......

End of the day both clubs will work out a deal based on what is reasonable for his contract size. My opinion is if it a 4 year deal then something to the value of mid to late 2nd rounder will be what happens. Any threat of pre season draft is extremely unlikely these days.
Depending on where the Amon compo lands splitting that pick for 2 picks and 1 goes to west coast is most likely

He's uncontracted. This isn't the choice your club has. If Rioli wants to go, he's gone. West Coast can choose to take whatever Port offer or they can choose to stand their ground and lose him for nothing, but there's no third option where they keep Rioli.
Does this mean if Mitch georgiades doesn’t re-sign next year West coast could do the same and get him for nothing? Or is this just a Port thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back