Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this mean if Mitch georgiades doesn’t re-sign next year West coast could do the same and get him for nothing? Or is this just a Port thing?
It’s an every player thing. If a trade can’t be made for a ‘non-free agent’ the player can nominate for the draft.

This has been an ‘AFL thing’ for a while.

Have you been following football long?

It’s an every player thing. If a trade can’t be made for a ‘non-free agent’ the player can nominate for the draft.

Wow that’s great news. I didn’t think that ever happened, maybe I haven’t followed afl as long as you. We should have done that with Tim Kelly. I’m sure if the offer isn’t good enough we get can just match Ports offer in the PSD.
Let’s hope west coast can repay the favour next year and you lose Georgiades for nothing like you said.
I think you guys will be very happy with Rioli. He’s one of our most watchable players. I have been following football long enough to understand that when you offer a player a 4year contract he actually worth more than a token 3rd round pick.

I’m sure if the offer isn’t good enough we get can just match Ports offer in the PSD.
If West Coast were willing to match Port's offer they would have already done it.

If West Coast were willing to match Port's offer they would have already done it.
Well I think West coast will try see what they can get in a trade for Junior if he really wants to go. I think they will take into consideration his well being, But if the offer is poor he might have to go to the drafts.
I personally think a fair trade will come out of this around pick 25-35. As other posters have said, if both sets of supporters are angry about the compensation, it’s normally a fair result.

We have. It seems some Port posters don't understand that being unreasonable at the trade table has future ramificatiins.

Last edited:
I have been following football long enough to understand that when you offer a player a 4year contract he actually worth more than a token 3rd round pick.

Ladhams was a token swap of first round picks last year.

Are you sure you and I define ‘long enough’ in the same way?

Chol was offered a 4 year contract by GCS to leave Richmond and nothing went back.

Chol was an unrestricted Free Agent & the AFL provided Richmond with an end of 2nd round pick.

Okay he was also an unrestricted free agent and Richmond were compensated for it.
But keep trying to undersell a player your club is offering a 4 year contract to.
Lucky for west coast you don’t work for Port Adelaide.
Keep qualifying your statements and walking things back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the back and forth in this thread it would seem that this gets done for a future 3rd plus Pick 52.

West Coast would then look to ontrade those either for players or for pick upgrades.

That “fringe” player played 17 games that season (as a young ruck) which Is more than Rioli has managed in a season since 4 years ago.

Do a little research before you post. It takes 30secs.

How many games did Ladhams play this season compared to Rioli?

I'll wait.;)

Still a fringe player. 24 yr old so still time as a ruck though.

I'll wait.;)

What’s Ladhams at the swans got the **** to do with the posters claim about Ladhams switching clubs?

I pointed out Ladhams played 17 games, and Rioli hasn’t played that many in a year since 2018.

That “fringe” player played 17 games that season (as a young ruck) which Is more than Rioli has managed in a season since 4 years ago.

Do a little research before you post. It takes 30secs.
My definition of a fringe player might be different to you. So don’t get too emotional. 17 out of 24 games for the year and left for more opportunity = fringe player.

Last edited:
Going rate for a 4 year contract was your reference point mate.

Keep shifting goal posts.
Just responding to your previous post about a token swap of first round picks for Ladhams.
You for forgot to mention the future 3rd that was given to you. Which values Ladhams at second rounder four years.
Which is what I value Rioli at.

I'll wait.;)

How many games did Rioli play in 2021 compared to Ladhams?

I’ll wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back