Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

or Excellent summary. He could go either way.
The risk with the Port offer will be the pick they pony up for him. Anything over pick 30 will be acceptable risk. But Eagles will potentially expect more.

Eagles will want more.

If the Amon pick is end of 1st they will at worse try and upgrade pick 26 to pick 19/20 and a future 3rd. So Rioli plus 26 for 2022 pick 19 and a 2023 3rd rounder likely pick 40+.

Surely Amon wouldn’t get higher compo than Brad Crouch?

It has to be band 3 doesn’t it?

Surely Amon wouldn’t get higher compo than Brad Crouch?

It has to be band 3 doesn’t it?
Crouch was an inside mid which the league has plenty of, had injury concerns, wanted out of the crows, and just got caught with drugs and would start his new contract with a suspension.

There’s also every reason to believe that he only just hit band 3 by a slim margin as similar contracts have sometimes hit band 3 and sometimes band 2.

It’s possible Amon falls into band 3, but the more likely result should be band 2.

Crouch was an inside mid which the league has plenty of, had injury concerns, wanted out of the crows, and just got caught with drugs and would start his new contract with a suspension.

There’s also every reason to believe that he only just hit band 3 by a slim margin as similar contracts have sometimes hit band 3 and sometimes band 2.

It’s possible Amon falls into band 3, but the more likely result should be band 2.
It's been suggested the offer for Amon is around $650K. If that is accurate, it is likely to be band 3 pick compensation, it may be close to band 2 but close isn't good enough. The other stuff you mentioned is completely irrelevant to compensation, only relevant factors are age and $ of the contract.

Crouch was desperate to stay at the Crows, and there are multiple times when he said that in the media (presumably because he thought that pressure was the best way to get the contract he wanted).

Crouch also is a vastly better footballer than Amon, which sure counts for something ...

I think $650k is higher than Amon is actually getting. The media tend to put at least 10% mayo on to anyone's contract.

Oh this dude in Wa said it?

It reeks of bullshit.

Like why would someone see a bid of $200k for a house .. and come in and bid $1mil , cause that’s what he’s suggested.

It’s just not believable

What is believable is Wa journo writes what he thinks Eagles fans want to hear.

Anyone who thinks any club has offered willie an unconditional 4yr contract is so dumb that I would like their email addresses cause they’re dumb enough to believe I’m a Nigerian prince.
Ryan Daniels is one of the better ones.

Over here it goes:
Good: Daniels, McArdle, Rogers
OK: Quartermain, Duffield
Poor: Hazleby, Hardie, Hagdorn,

Sumich

Wasn’t the Crouch contract full of playing clauses which aren’t taken into account when working out the compo band and therefor reduced the compensation?

Doubt Amon will be crossing with any playing clauses and therefor will likely attract a higher band then Crouch did.
Just the standard $3k match bonus. The top 100 earners are published each year. Crouch is on $650k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch was desperate to stay at the Crows, and there are multiple times when he said that in the media (presumably because he thought that pressure was the best way to get the contract he wanted).

Crouch also is a vastly better footballer than Amon, which sure counts for something ...

I think $650k is higher than Amon is actually getting. The media tend to put at least 10% mayo on to anyone's contract.
So how many times has Brad Crouch made the All-Australian squad? None
Different types of player but Brad Crouch is not a vastly better player than Amon and I think there would be an argument that he is better at all.
Crouch is an accumulator and an inside tackler. Amon is an outside player and a much better kick than Crouch.

No idea how reliable this guy is, but he seems confident. No 'it is understood' type weasel words.

What suprises me most is how wrong Daniels was originally, but I think that due to Junior seemingly blind-siding WC which is where he would have gotten the info from.

I still firmly believe this is very much a good thing for WC and they will absolutely be better off for it.

Could be a good result for both clubs.
West Coast get a mid second rounder to rebuild their list and Port get a player who has shown they can turn a match.
Whether he can capture the form from a few years ago remains to be seen. Would have loved to have seen the tigers take the punt on him.

Could be a good result for both clubs.
West Coast get a mid second rounder to rebuild their list and Port get a player who has shown they can turn a match.
Whether he can capture the form from a few years ago remains to be seen. Would have loved to have seen the tigers take the punt on him.
How do the words “Recapture & Remains to be seen” equate to a 2nd rounder in anyone’s language?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back