Just another Richmond failure

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say just the opposite.

I don't claim to be an expert in the game and all it's tactics, which player should play where, etc, etc, but as a 2 dime psychologist I do know that nobody likes to be told they are as weak as piss (deserved or otherwise), and maybe that's just what was needed to spur on our players over the last fortnight.

For too many years (particularly in the Wallace dynasty) our players (and even the bloody coach) grew to accept "honourable losses" as a day's pay well earnt for a good effort. Not any more folks.

I wouldn't go so far as to say some of the comments in this thread made it as far as the 3 quarter time huddle this week or last; but I do know from a reliable source that some of the players (and possibly coaching team) do read these boards.... so whilst obviously we all like to vent after a loss, I'd say it's not all wasted hot air.

My 2 cents.

and here's 1c change:p

Call it what you want

... just another p1ssant effort when the game was there to be won .

30 years of it ...

Oh we're young ... oh we're developing . LMAO

Same shit every year . When the acids on we cave ... as always .

We had them on toast

Lets here all the young fundamentalists tee off ... fact is the results are always the same

Weak as p1ss as always ... fact is the bombers stopped but we still couldnt finish them off .

Riewoldt is a disgrace at the moment and Hardwick needs to make an example of him
How things change.

Just maybe the last 18 months has just been part of the learning curve. Who'd have thunk ;)

Not that anything has really changed that drastically even after beating the Saints. But you can see guys popping their heads up when it matters. Tonight... Cotch, Jack, Nahas, Morris, Newman and others did some good things in that last qtr when it mattered.

Something we'll all really notice over the journey, it is infectious. Even Maric Minor's tackle on Goddard in the dying minutes.

The pleasing thing is that, when we expect to be really up and about (next 3-4 years), this year will (hopefully) show that we will know that we have what it takes.

Good Post. Would also like give a mention to Adam Marics' tackle on Goddard. Maric is nothing more then a bit part player at the moment, but his tackle followed by Edwards desperation set up the goal which put us back in front and gave us belief. Was fantastic stuff from a player who has been maligned for not doing the one percenters

Iddy, why do i get the feeling this thread is gonna haunt you for a while yet:p

Mate .. in all seriousness , there is no haunting at all

Pure vindication ... pure blissful , sanctimonious vindication

I was on the money and IDGAF what anyone says .

We are good enough and the last fortnight has proven it .

As a supervisor/manager in my industry for many years i have a saying that i appply to the journeymen- tradies that come through the door .

"the good tradies will make an excuse why they "CAN" do something .. the shit ones will always make an excuse why they "CANT" do something ;)"

Tired of our club and its supporters making reasons to keep on losing games.

Taking the foot of Essendons throat in the last 10 minutes of that game will never EVER be seen as anything else but a failure in my corner...

... a failure that i hope is the launching pad to us finally becoming the powerhouse we should be ;)

No more excuses

Could of gone 1 of 2 ways after the Bombers game.

We could have fallen apart, lost our next 2, season over, 9th. We've seen it happen every season for decades.

However, its good to have won our next 2 in a row. Now we can go on and have a season that may just end up with a long overdue finals run.

And for those of us that have seen more than a couple of smashings at the hands of the Saints in recent times, we particularly enjoyed rubbing it in to Milne over the boundary line.
Barring anything extroadinary (injuries etc.) i think nothing less than i finals campaign is acceptable

Freo @ the G and GWS should see us 7-5 before the break .After that a far easier run home than the first half of the season
On "current" displayed form we are monties in those 2 games but we do always have to remember , in the back of our little minds ... that we are "richmond" :p:rolleyes:

Lets prove we arent anymore .. i'm sure behind closed doors Dimma is %100 primed to play finals

I don't claim to be an expert in the game and all it's tactics, which player should play where, etc, etc, but as a 2 dime psychologist I do know that nobody likes to be told they are as weak as piss (deserved or otherwise), and maybe that's just what was needed to spur on our players over the last fortnight.

For too many years (particularly in the Wallace dynasty) our players (and even the bloody coach) grew to accept "honourable losses" as a day's pay well earnt for a good effort. Not any more folks.

I wouldn't go so far as to say some of the comments in this thread made it as far as the 3 quarter time huddle this week or last; but I do know from a reliable source that some of the players (and possibly coaching team) do read these boards.... so whilst obviously we all like to vent after a loss, I'd say it's not all wasted hot air.

My 2 cents.

Good post Leper , that for once on this board was not a non-sensical rambling that only i or 1 or 2 others may have had any hope of understanding :p

I think the lesson you have learned Sam is that this group is actually flipping the bird at the stereotype that the lists before them have succumbed to.
While we, as supporters, carry around much emotional baggage, this group does no such thing. This group has finally got what others before them couldn't get. That is that they can only shape the present with an eye to the future. To **** with the past.
This group wants to create their own dynasty and they actually want to do it for each other. They are not doing it for us. And that's the way it should be. They will be rapt to see the smiles on our faces, but what makes this group tick is the care they have for each other.
They have realised that we and the massive disappointment and expectation that we as supporters create, has nothing to do with what they want to achieve.
They realise that their destiny is their own hands.
If and when the club does win No 11, or at the very least enjoys sustained finals footy year after year, the group will have done it for each other and for themselves. They will be only too happy to see us enjoy it with them, but they will have done it for themselves, not us. I'm OK with that.

My 2 cents.

Good post. Accepting honorable losses has certainly been part of the culture for too long.

I think the lesson you have learned Sam is that this group is actually flipping the bird at the stereotype that the lists before them have succumbed to.
While we, as supporters, carry around much emotional baggage, this group does no such thing. This group has finally got what others before them couldn't get. That is that they can only shape the present with an eye to the future. To **** with the past.
This group wants to create their own dynasty and they actually want to do it for each other. They are not doing it for us. And that's the way it should be. They will be rapt to see the smiles on our faces, but what makes this group tick is the care they have for each other.
They have realised that we and the massive disappointment and expectation that we as supporters create, has nothing to do with what they want to achieve.
They realise that their destiny is their own hands.
If and when the club does win No 11, or at the very least enjoys sustained finals footy year after year, the group will have done it for each other and for themselves. They will be only too happy to see us enjoy it with them, but they will have done it for themselves, not us. I'm OK with that.
You only have to look at the way they are singing the song each week ;)

I remember Benny Gale saying once that the players "couldnt give a stuff about what the supporters think the players are doing it for themselves" (back in his playing days) ... or words to that effect. It came across a bit narky to me at the time and a tad disrespectful but i do understand the mantra.

I do agree with the players detaching themselves from us emotionally (for want of a better word) ... We are a fair yolk around their neck :p

Not sure its something ive "learned" though mate , i just want every player on our list to strive to improve and be the best they can be and hopefully , for once , the results will take care of themselves .

the players are finally backing up with deeds which is the only way to counter criticism . We all get het up with the media over the way they have treated us but respect is earned and we have not earned anyones respect in a very long time .

We still havent IMHO ... We've still got half a season to go and the standards we have set so far have to be maintained . This kind of football has to be played for years , consistently . Everytime we slip up or play badly we need our football dept. to be there laying the boots into them the same as i did a couple weeks ago .. everytime .

Every boxer that has ever won a title has not got there with a mindset of ..."i think im pretty good , i'll have a crack , if a lose a few its ok"... every one of them to a man goes in there knowing and thinking they are going to be the best in the world and they are going to punch the shit out anyone that gets in the ring with .

This can be our only mindset from this point forth .

There is a massive gulf developing at the top end of this competition this year , Carlton , struggling , essendon are false prophets , We would have had Geelong if it was played anywhere else but Skilled , West Coast are always very beatable here , we've taken the Hawks Swans and now the Aints ...

I hope the group , and the club as whole realises the opportunity to make some serious inroads into the competition this year , not next year ... or the following years ... this years

going to keep my powder dry at the mo but i'll say this , no reason at all why we cant make it deep into September on the way we are playing now , no reason at all

Last night emphasized, let your guard down for a second
and every game is a danger game. Just keep the intensity &
I believe they will then September here we come!

This thread cannot die Iddy. We haven't missed a beat since that emotion charged night when you hit the keyboard.It's a good discussion thread in any case and I'm superstitious!
Had a shoulder injury and told swimming was the best thing. Do since the week leading into Sydney I've been swimming 1-2 km a day,I wanna rest... Badly but there's no way I'm stopping LMFAO .
I'm becoming a very fit man on a side note.Cheers Tiges!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread cannot die Iddy. We haven't missed a beat since that emotion charged night when you hit the keyboard.It's a good discussion thread in any case and I'm superstitious!
Had a shoulder injury and told swimming was the best thing. Do since the week leading into Sydney I've been swimming 1-2 km a day,I wanna rest... Badly but there's no way I'm stopping LMFAO .
I'm becoming a very fit man on a side note.Cheers Tiges!!
Ive got a bloke i work with up here like you , wont come into work unless he can park his car in the same car park :thumbsu:

whatever works mate :p

Ive got a bloke i work with up here like you , wont come into work unless he can park his car in the same car park :thumbsu:

whatever works mate :p

Lol I'm not that bad!! I'm shithouse when it comes to anything Richmond on a run of form though.:eek:

ME thinks Iddy is a ripping bloke!!!:thumbsu:

On another note, he is right. Nothing short of finals should be expected from here. We have only two matches to play against teams in the curent top five, five games againt teams currently in the bottom five and no return games against Hawthorn or Geelong!
Our draw is damn good from here!

On another note, he is right. Nothing short of finals should be expected from here. We have only two matches to play against teams in the curent top five, five games againt teams currently in the bottom five and no return games against Hawthorn or Geelong!
Our draw is damn good from here!

After the past 3 results this round, every game is a danger game :confused:

Good post. Accepting honorable losses has certainly been part of the culture for too long.

you guys are kidding yourselves if you think that anonymous bigfooty posters have the capacity to motivate the players.

The players dont give a flying continental what anyone thinks of them except the coaches and their peers ( their teammates )

Yep .... It's ok , there's always next week , and if we lose that , then next year , we'll be good then

And if that dosnt work ? 2014 beckons

But maybe , if we're no good then , I reckon by 2016 we should be alright , but you know what ? At the end of 2017 ... We should be right .

No worries if we lose now , there's always next year . Always has been

Right on

Yep .... It's ok , there's always next week , and if we lose that , then next year , we'll be good then

And if that dosnt work ? 2014 beckons

But maybe , if we're no good then , I reckon by 2016 we should be alright , but you know what ? At the end of 2017 ... We should be right .

No worries if we lose now , there's always next year . Always has been

Right on

LMAO ..... might as well close the Doors Iddy ... were heck'd. ;)

Opposition posters looking to sink the boot in should think twice. My banning options are a bit restricted at present, which means you'll probably cop one that's harsher than what you could normally expect.

Dissapponting result against the Pavlich FC. An unlikely victory s required now again the Cows, Carltank, Freo in Perth or the Bombers. A 'MASSIVE' effort is required the boys from here in, starting with a Reiwoldtless thumping of GWS next week.

Hey Tigers, you were never gunna win the flag this year, BUT take it easy.
Hardwick is the best coach you've had in a while, you have a great playing group, all the ingredients are there! It takes time to bake a cake, and Richmond are well on their way.
Success is only around the corner, I can see the Tigers winning a Flag in the Next 5 years. (I hope not)
Today is just another one of many Lessons on how to obtain the Ultimate, thats all it is.
Go Pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another Richmond failure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back