Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

If North don't have a big year in 2015/16 (which IMO they wont) they will have invested heavily for no return. They really need to get more young talent coming through.

Around half of the best 22 is under 24. We're okay but thanks for your concern. :)

Around half of the best 22 is under 24. We're okay but thanks for your concern. :)
That's the half by and large that are letting you down and I was talking about kids from the last 3 drafts anyway. 23/4 isn't young it is prime age. It's the replacements for the older players that are a concern if you don't keep bring quality players through.

Ziebell, Bastinac, Cunnington & Atley is not a midfield core to build a future around. North have an alarming lack of talented young players on their list, particularly KPP stocks.

All of North's best players are old, age at end of 2015 as follows: Harvey (37), Petrie (33), Waite (32), Firrito (32), Dal Santo (31), Wells (30), Grima (30), Thompson (29), Gibson (29), Swallow (28), Goldstein (27).

Based on North's list profile they should be in their premiership window right now. The reality is their premiership window is a rebuild away.

Ziebell, Bastinac, Cunnington & Atley is not a midfield core to build a future around. They have very little young KPP talent on their list and not enough quality under 24 to build a future around.

All of North's best players are old, age at end of 2015 as follows: Harvey (37), Petrie (33), Waite (32), Firrito (32), Dal Santo (31), Wells (30), Grima (30), Thompson (29), Gibson (29), Swallow (28), Goldstein (27).

Based on North's list profile they should be in their premiership window right now. The reality is their premiership window is a rebuild away.
That's very true.

How about stop attacking everyone's club who contributes here? Such a ####ing lame, childish thing to do over and over and more than anything else shows you have no where to go in the argument. North have ability but for such an experienced side are far too inconsistent week to week. Yes great/elite sides put in stinking displays time to time but no where as often as North which is what makes them better sides and North just above average at this stage.

Attacking? I'm putting out the same reminder.. if you wanted if to go ON THE ATTACK… you ain't seen nothing yet.. and I use facts not opinions.. problem?? o_O Rest of your comment was good.. 100%… but like many leagues/ sports… the up n' coming teams who are there a bouts at the end are gonna be dragged thru the mud and some will sick (like bad loses) and Hawthorn isn't immune to those either.. so it's only fair if others doubt NMFC.. I'll let them know I doubt their's.. simple as that… as for >> attacking.. not even close. Sim Dog.

Ziebell, Bastinac, Cunnington & Atley is not a midfield core to build a future around. North have an alarming lack of talented young players on their list, particularly KPP stocks.

WE at North beg to differ… glad you've got concerns after a bad loss.. report back after an impressive victory against contenders.

Fair to say that he thinks you may have been over exaggerating just a wee bit with your comment that North's best is unbeatable.

Personally I would say that on 2014 form, North's best is very good.
Should have rephrased it to our best footy beat the top 10 teams last year.

There are 18 different teams in the comp of varying skill, experience and ability levels. Things change a lot year to year. It's hard to predict with accuracy. History is in many ways one of the best teachers. History would say that round 1 results often don't correlate well with what happens for the rest of the season. It would also say there have been teams in recent seasons who have had a top 4 finish as their peak and have quickly fallen back down the ladder. The Crows at the start of 2013 and Eagles at the start of 2012 approached the season with expectations of contention that quickly soured. Norths loss on the weekend is a worry but it is too soon to read much into it.

That's the half by and large that are letting you down and I was talking about kids from the last 3 drafts anyway. 23/4 isn't young it is prime age. It's the replacements for the older players that are a concern if you don't keep bring quality players through.

It's only our backline that we need to be worried about, to be honest. We've drafted tall in the most recent draft but it's still far to early yet. Thompson is a lone hand down there at the moment with Grima and Hansen out.

Our 22-24 year olds definitely let us down yesterday, but it was a team effort. Only about 4 players (Goldstein, Thomas, Higgins) beat their opponent. But those 22-24 year olds are also the backbone of our team and got us to a prelim last year, where 14 other sides didn't make it. Yesterday was very disappointing, but I'm going to wait for more than a single game to make any judgement.

"North's best is unbeatable"

"It takes a team to be mentally on as a 22 to knock us off"

I wouldn't have said those statements about my own team at any stage over the last 7 years and we've won 3 flags, but each to their own

Do you still stand by the statements?
We beat the top 10 teams last year.
Yet we saw numerous times in matches we were never in the contest.
Mate if I was saying we were a powerhouse about to embark on a dynasty, by all means pick apart the post.
But youve picked out a few sentences??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks are clear #1.
Swans, Cats, Dockers and Port will fight out for 2-5

The last 3 spots is where I think North can finish. But a prelim berth last year does not buy them that.
Big run coming up after the Lions.
The crows will fight for a top 8 spot. The Dons will be there for the fourth time.
None of these 3 will cause issues finals time though.

Hawks will win the flag.
2-5 will fight for the right to lose it. And for an extra week of football, you have spots 5-8.

Roos will be top 8, but not a force.

To many front runners IMO

the Prelim against Sydney and yesterdays game tells me they struggle against good contested ball teams who refuse them time and space

there also seems to be no plan B from Scott who yesterday got pants by Phil Walsh

Not sure the refusal of time and space matters. It's usually just a matter of the opposition wanting it more.

Even if Scott got selections right, was proactive and set agendas rather than spend most of his energy worrying about the opposition, he still can't set a goal in the mind of the players.

The players are pay cheque professionals that hang out with their mates everyday.

Scott seems to have missed the opportunity to set a premiership in the minds of the players as something obtainable in the near future.

Brad is going through the motions and the goal of a flag wouldn't even occur to half the list.

Scott has to set this direction. He has to make a statement about the putrid kicking skills of some players, he has to take a stand with bad decision making, lack of intensity.

Hard to see Scott growing into a premiership coach. Better now to get found out for Brad rather than another finals debacle.

We beat the top 10 teams last year.
Yet we saw numerous times in matches we were never in the contest.
Mate if I was saying we were a powerhouse about to embark on a dynasty, by all means pick apart the post.
But youve picked out a few sentences??

your sentences were pretty clear - nothing about a dynasty

"Norths best is unbeatable"

Not sure how that can be misinterpreted... and I strongly disagree with your assessment

I'm pretty happy with my club at the moment but I'm not making grand statements like that - just hoping to beat the bombers but know we'll need to play well

Got trounced by a team that was on average 2 years younger and ~50 games less experienced than yours.

Admittedly one game - but I think the premise is right. The young talent needs to show more so that if this tilt doesn't work out, they can stand on their own two feet in 2 to 3 years when the group will be completely reshuffled.

your sentences were pretty clear - nothing about a dynasty

"Norths best is unbeatable"

Not sure how that can be misinterpreted... and I strongly disagree with your assessment

I'm pretty happy with my club at the moment but I'm not making grand statements like that - just hoping to beat the bombers but know we'll need to play well
Suggesting a top 4 team playing at their best will win most of the time is outlandish?
And suggesting that we are as good as done when a team displays a full on forward press?
I think your assuming that Im crediting my team with bias. Im clearly not.
Your team is the benchmark. You dont need to make any statements because no one is better than you.

Suggesting a top 4 team playing at their best will win most of the time is outlandish?
And suggesting that we are as good as done when a team displays a full on forward press?
I think your assuming that Im crediting my team with bias. Im clearly not.
Your team is the benchmark. You dont need to make any statements because no one is better than you.

You are stating North is a top 4 side - which is not universal consensus

You didn't say hard to beat or win most of the time - the statement was unbeatable

Norths best is not unbeatable

From what I've seen over the last 12 months the following teams best football is better than Norths... Sydney, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Geelong, Port & I'll even include Adelaide as their performance on Sunday was better than anything North has produced in the last year or so

You are stating North is a top 4 side - which is not universal consensus

You didn't say hard to beat or win most of the time - the statement was unbeatable

Norths best is not unbeatable

From what I've seen over the last 12 months the following teams best football is better than Norths... Sydney, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Geelong, Port & I'll even include Adelaide as their performance on Sunday was better than anything North has produced in the last year or so
We finished 2014 fourth. Thats not an opinion its fact.
Our best in 2014 beat every single other contender. Also fact.
So your opinion is disagreeing with mine. Which is fine its your opinion.
But you havnt brought anything new up to show Im wrong.

Should have rephrased it to our best footy beat the top 10 teams last year.

So you meant to say "Norths best footy is good enough to beat good sides depending on how well those sides are playing or something like that for example we beat the Swans early in the year when they weren't playing well (though got demolished by them when we played in a Prelim"

We finished 2014 fourth. Thats not an opinion its fact.
Our best in 2014 beat every single other contender. Also fact.
So your opinion is disagreeing with mine. Which is fine its your opinion.
But you havnt brought anything new up to show Im wrong.

Yep last year you finished fourth scraping in against two sides in the finals who weren't travelling well, but managed to slip into 4th by avoiding the obvious best 4 sides in Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo & Port - when we ran into one of those 4 best sides of 2014 we got absolutely embarassed the likes of which we haven't seen in a Prelim since... funnily enough the last time North made a Prelim in 2007...

Look its lovely that you think North is a genuine top 4 side and that you think your best is better than Sydneys (and all the other top sides), but maybe you should have encouraged your players to play their best footy in last years Prelim - you were on a roll and at full strength after all

So you meant to say "Norths best footy is good enough to beat good sides depending on how well those sides are playing or something like that for example we beat the Swans early in the year when they weren't playing well (though got demolished by them when we played in a Prelim"
I dont think your disagreeing with me, just with the wording Ive used to make my point. Because I dont feel like I need to reply to your posts because im not against anything your saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back