Kangaroos Young Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the best young ruckman in the league in McIntosh, close to te best young midfielder in the league in Wells plus a gun youg KP back in Firrito.

Jesse Smith is going to be a star - North people have been saying it for a while now, but everyone else saw it last night.

It is rare to find a 19 year old who can get inside possession like Andrew Swallow does. he is a maniac at the contest and very tough.

Throw in Aaron Edwards taking huge contested grabs, a second developing ruckman forward and former top 10 pick in David Hale and guys like McConnell, Moran, Riggio in the twos and North's young guys stack up with best.

Edwards and Firrito are both just 23 - the rest are under that.

Impressive.

We have the best young ruckman in the league in McIntosh, close to te best young midfielder in the league in Wells plus a gun youg KP back in Firrito.

Jesse Smith is going to be a star - North people have been saying it for a while now, but everyone else saw it last night.

It is rare to find a 19 year old who can get inside possession like Andrew Swallow does. he is a maniac at the contest and very tough.

Throw in Aaron Edwards taking huge contested grabs, a second developing ruckman forward and former top 10 pick in David Hale and guys like McConnell, Moran, Riggio in the twos and North's young guys stack up with best.

Edwards and Firrito are both just 23 - the rest are under that.

Impressive.

Yeah cannot agree more, I left out Aaron Edwards. He is a future star with kicking being the first player in VFL history two kick over 100 goals and win the leading goals and win the best and fairest.

The kangaroos do have some good young players, however, i cannot stand how much you lot rate Wells. He does have some decent skill, but he is no where near the best young midfielder in the comp. Good player yes, but not near the best, even if just compared to young players.

Hamish Mcintosh is very good, but he is being compared to a small select group of players. How many "young" ruckmen are there playing at the moment. I can name only one, who has played barely any games - cameron wood.

Jessie W. Smith, Andrew Swallow, Hamish Mcntosh etc. Do you think these could be some big names in years to come?
(Bring up some more names) thanks

Smith and McIntosh are stand outs. You've also got Matt Campbell whose creative, and Lindsay Thomas to come in. Wells is developing nicely, and a bloke called Hansen to play a bit more this year.

Big wraps on Urquart in under 18's too.

I'd be pretty chuffed if i was a Kangas supporter right now...

The kangaroos do have some good young players, however, i cannot stand how much you lot rate Wells. He does have some decent skill, but he is no where near the best young midfielder in the comp. Good player yes, but not near the best, even if just compared to young players.

Crap. He is a gun. Has had a big influence in all but one of the games he has played in tis year (I don't count last night). Has been better than hodge this year, and he does it from the midfield not off a HBF.

Hamish Mcintosh is very good, but he is being compared to a small select group of players. How many "young" ruckmen are there playing at the moment. I can name only one, who has played barely any games - cameron wood.

That is because ruckman usually don't start to do anything until they are about 24, except for the freaks lke Cox....and Hamish.

Smith and McIntosh are stand outs. You've also got Matt Campbell whose creative, and Lindsay Thomas to come in. Wells is developing nicely, and a bloke called Hansen to play a bit more this year.

Big wraps on Urquart in under 18's too.

I'd be pretty chuffed if i was a Kangas supporter right now...

Finally a honest Hawthorn supporter. Thanks.

No Wells is not with the elite in the AFL, but he has classy skills and i would not be suprised in 2 years that he blossems.

again, dont rate wells as one of the best midfielders, at all, good player but massively over-rated

If anything he is now underrated.

Before last night, his stats mirrored that of Judd's in his Brownlow year. And his possession are always damaging. Plus he led the AFL for inside 50s.

He still has another level though.

Why are people so insistent on bagging Wells? He has clearly turned his game around this year, yet people are always saying he's overrated!

If you eliminate the club he plays for's supporters, he is in fact rated very low, which as we all know is a joke.

The kid can play, and everybody who know's anything about AFL would have to agree.

Enough of this "Wells is overrated rubbis". It's an absolute joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people so insistent on bagging Wells? He has clearly turned his game around this year, yet people are always saying he's overrated!

Mate , who cares if anybody on BF rates him? He gets the oppositions best tagger every week. In other words the people who know what they're on about (ie. coaches, players) rate him.

Notice how it's only the Hawthorn supporters who don't rate Wells?

I guess they're feeling abit uneasy that their mantle as the youngest team is being challenged.

Notice how it's only the Hawthorn supporters who don't rate Wells?

I guess they're feeling abit uneasy that their mantle as the youngest team is being challenged.
i think your mixing up "youngest" and "best youngsters" up:eek:
i rate kangaroo youngsters, but i dont rate wells at all, hasnt really impressed me that much, its got nothing to do about bitterness that kangaroos rate him highly, its just that i dont think hes that special at the moment

Don't be so defensive Kangas supporters, Wells does not get the best tagger each week that is a myth against the Hawks he ran free we only tagged Shannon Grant. Laidley and Clarkson cop the bigggest baggings on these sights but they are two of the only coaches to put their jobs on the line and play a heap of youngsters, credit must go to them both.
Both our sides are stacked with very good younng players but 22 rounds is a long season so I think both sides may just miss the 8.

Best of luck and yes Wells does have another gear maybe two lets just hope he realises that he has them.

Don't be so defensive Kangas supporters, Wells does not get the best tagger each week that is a myth against the Hawks he ran free we only tagged Shannon Grant. .

Any team that doesn't tag Wells would be mad. He always ends up with one. Hawthorn were loose on him in the first quarter, he had a real influence and then locked down hard on him with Clinton Young from there on in. You didn't start with one, Clarkson realised it was a mistake and changed. Strange he hadn't realised seeing as the only other time he didn't get tagged was vs. Hawthorn in rd. 6 last year when he ran Bateman head to head with him and Wells was the best midfielder out there.

He awlays gets a tag.

Crouch ran with him vs Sydney. Ling ran with him vs Geelong.

It is not defensive, it is a fact. He gets a tag every week - he hs just been breaking them every week this year.

He is 23.

Hardly young. Just like if I called Ashley Hansen or Quinten Lynch young or even Kerr and Judd. All are about that age but neither are young.

Agree with the rest though. McIntosh is the next big thing in the AFL.

If you eliminate the club he plays for's supporters, he is in fact rated very low, which as we all know is a joke.

The kid can play, and everybody who know's anything about AFL would have to agree.

Enough of this "Wells is overrated rubbis". It's an absolute joke.
I'll admit, I was one of his harshest critics, but he's won me over with his form this season. Has been very, very good, too bad about the injury. However, I don't rate him as one of the best young mids. Firstly, he's 22, not exactly young, secondly, there are players who performed much better than he did at 18-21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos Young Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back