Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whispers is a nice flanker.

He's just not the kind of player who will back into a pack to save a game.

a la Sam Walsh...

Oh it's one of the Daicos hater brigade. Short memory? :$ :$ :$

It's beyond trolling when all you do is spout bullshit in every thread he's mentioned in. Very concerning obsessive behaviour.

Oh it's one of the Daicos hater brigade. Short memory? :$ :$ :$

It's beyond trolling when all you do is spout bullshit in every thread he's mentioned in. Very concerning obsessive behaviour.

No I just think he’s over rated as do many others.

He’s a good player with nice skills.

Just lacks the will to put his body on the line.

Not trolling - just a different opinion :).

Why back into a pack to save a game, when he can use his skills to win it.
a la against Carlton :thumbsupv1:
Yes Nick Daicos can run onto a loose ball to win a game.

Good luck if you need him to put his body on the line for it though.
The guy who really won the game for Collingwood is Crisp and the bloke that actually knocked the ball froward and put it out for Daicos to run onto.

Would've been really embarassing if a Carlton player had won that hard ball and been able to hit up Sam Walsh after Daicos had run away from him.

Whispers is a nice flanker.

He's just not the kind of player who will back into a pack to save a game.

a la Sam Walsh...

The game Sam Walsh "saved"

Daicos is the only one who might end up as goat.

From this list:

Daicos

Daylight

Green, Gulden

Daylight

Walsh

More daylight

Rowell

This should be everyone's list that isn't trolling or bias.

Daicos way out in front.

Argument to be made between Gulden and Green depending on what role you prefer, inside or outside.

Walsh not on Gulden or Greens level but well ahead of Rowell.

This should be everyone's list that isn't trolling or bias.

Daicos way out in front.

Argument to be made between Gulden and Green depending on what role you prefer, inside or outside.

Walsh not on Gulden or Greens level but well ahead of Rowell.
Except the stats / facts just don’t support your assumption that those that have a differing opinion are wrong.
After all, they’re just opinions unless the stats / facts can make a compelling argument to dispel that opinion
Happy for you to outline what they would be

Last edited:
Except the stats / facts just don’t support your assumption that those that have a differing opinion are wrong.
After all, they’re just opinions unless the stats / facts can make a compelling argument to dispel that opinion
Happy for you to outline what they would be

My statement included a caveat for people with bias my Carlton supporting friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowell doesn't belong in this thread.

He can come to Richmond and not belong on this thread any time he likes. Averages AFL #1 9 tackles and 32 pressure acts to go with AFL #7 13.6 contested possessions that are actual contested possessions. Just about the first person I recruit if building a team to win a flag. There is only one Rowell in the AFL. You can pick out most other players and find a guy who does what they do almost as well. Rowell would put any team well ahead in his department.

Well put it this way, the only one I’m worried about getting a CV that beats Dustys is Walsh. He’s the only good finals player of the list, then probably Gulden and Rowell would tear it up imo should he play finals.
I don't see the name "Dusty" in the thread title.

I saw Dusty's name in an article on the SEN website where commentators are criticising Richmond for allowing over-the-hill has-been champions to set a poor example by taking advantage of their obsequious clubs, receiving full pay, picking and choosing when to play and giving 50% effort.

Dusty: gun champion for 3-4 years... but not worth the steam off Patrick Dangerfield's piss if you take into account the entirety of their careers. Real footy fans remember the great champions for what they did over 300 games.. Not just for 3 games in September when they were second best on ground, but gifted 2 Norm Smiths. Overrated.

No I just think he’s over rated as do many others.

He’s a good player with nice skills.

Just lacks the will to put his body on the line.

Not trolling - just a different opinion :).
Sam Walsh is overrated. He is a good runner with excellent endurance. As a footballer, he wins a a lot of possession, but he lacks the skill and class of a Nick Daicos. Walsh's missed shot for goal late in the game last week versus the Giants was yet another example of his shortcomings. Nick Daicos would've nailed that shot and put the Pies within striking distance of victory. Walsh kind of screwed the pooch with that poster. A true gun footballer would've seized the moment.

e1a1f0e7b122dff1102d6449f54b9f7a

Here's a reminder of the Collingwood v Carlton game from May this year when Sam Walsh lined up on Nick Daicos at a boundary throw-in... scores were tied... only 72 seconds remaining... Walsh had 33 possessions thanks to his endurance and feeding off the hard inside work of his skipper, Paddy Cripps... But when it mattered most, he was too loose and gave Daicos the metre of space he needed to gather the pill and kick the match-winning goal.

Daicos >>>>>> Walsh. He is more of a natural footballer with superior skill, nous and match-winning ability. Most non-jealous opposition fans who watch both players would agree. Walsh is probably highly valued within his club's inner sanctum. His coaches would give him an 'A' for effort. He works hard. Never stops trying. Admirable qualities for a midfielder. :thumbsu:

Although, you have to wonder how effective he would be if it weren't for skipper Cripps doing the heavy lifting inside the packs. How would Walsh go at St Kilda or Adelaide if he was the number 1 midfielder and he was being heavily targeted by opponents like Daicos is every week? He probably wouldn't be quite as effective.

In that sense, Sam Walsh gets it a little easier than Nick Daicos, who at the young age of 20, is basically responsible for being Collingwood's match-winner. Rare air for a such a young footballer. Quite unbelievable, really.. Not even gun forwards like Wayne Carey, Plugger Lockett, Warren Tredra or Nick Riewoldt carried that responsibility. Chris Judd, maybe... But he also had Dean Cox, Ben Cousins and Daniel Kerr helping him.

It is very amusing to witness all the jealous, biased Carlton clowns trying to drag Nick Daicos down with their idiotic weekly commentary. All I can say, is that they're in for a fruitless decade watching Nick Daicos be the #1 footballer in the AFL, superior to Sam Walsh in almost every aspect, but seriously trying to argue their guy is the best. :$:drunk:

We asked 100 members of our studio audience if Sam Walsh is better than Nick Daicos.

Survey says....

BA-BOW!!!
family-feud-board-x.jpg

Last edited:
Sam Walsh is overrated. He is a good runner with excellent endurance. As a footballer, he wins a a lot of possession, but he lacks the skill and class of a Nick Daicos. Walsh's missed shot for goal late in the game last week versus the Giants was yet another example of his shortcomings. Nick Daicos would've nailed that shot and put the Pies within striking distance of victory. Walsh kind of screwed the pooch with that poster. A true gun footballer would've seized the moment.

e1a1f0e7b122dff1102d6449f54b9f7a

Here's a reminder of the Collingwood v Carlton game from May this year when Sam Walsh lined up on Nick Daicos at a boundary throw-in... scores were tied... only 72 seconds remaining... Walsh had 33 possessions thanks to his endurance and feeding off the hard inside work of his skipper, Paddy Cripps... But when it mattered most, he was too loose and gave Daicos the metre of space he needed to gather the pill and kick the match-winning goal.

Daicos >>>>>> Walsh. He is more of a natural footballer with superior skill, nous and match-winning ability. Most non-jealous opposition fans who watch both players would agree. Walsh is probably highly valued within his club's inner sanctum. His coaches would give him an 'A' for effort. He works hard. Never stops trying. Admirable qualities for a midfielder. :thumbsu:

Although, you have to wonder how effective he would be if it weren't for skipper Cripps doing the heavy lifting inside the packs. How would Walsh go at St Kilda or Adelaide if he was the number 1 midfielder and he was being heavily targeted by opponents like Daicos is every week? He probably wouldn't be quite as effective.

In that sense, Sam Walsh gets it a little easier than Nick Daicos, who at the young age of 20, is basically responsible for being Collingwood's match-winner. Rare air for a such a young footballer. Quite unbelievable, really.. Not even gun forwards like Wayne Carey, Plugger Lockett, Warren Tredra or Nick Riewoldt carried that responsibility. Chris Judd, maybe... But he also had Dean Cox, Ben Cousins and Daniel Kerr helping him.

It is very amusing to witness all the jealous, biased Carlton clowns trying to drag Nick Daicos down with their idiotic weekly commentary. All I can say, is that they're in for a fruitless decade watching Nick Daicos be the #1 footballer in the AFL, superior to Sam Walsh in almost every aspect, but seriously trying to argue their guy is the best. :$:drunk:

We asked 100 members of our studio audience if Sam Walsh is better than Nick Daicos.

Survey says....

BA-BOW!!!
family-feud-board-x.jpg
Wow you’re very invested :)

Two hours of your life you won’t get back.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks for playing.
I think he forgot 2021 existed before Walsh rooted his back. Was basically doing exactly what Nicky was just in a drastically sh***er team. Was Carltons best player, got tagged by every 2nd team and was universally seen as the best up and coming player in the comp.

Nicky looks to have far better skills these days but given Walsh hasn't had a pre season in 3 years now I don't think he's going too bad.

I don't see the name "Dusty" in the thread title.

I saw Dusty's name in an article on the SEN website where commentators are criticising Richmond for allowing over-the-hill has-been champions to set a poor example by taking advantage of their obsequious clubs, receiving full pay, picking and choosing when to play and giving 50% effort.

Dusty: gun champion for 3-4 years... but not worth the steam off Patrick Dangerfield's piss if you take into account the entirety of their careers. Real footy fans remember the great champions for what they did over 300 games.. Not just for 3 games in September when they were second best on ground, but gifted 2 Norm Smiths. Overrated.

When it counts, every single person in the universe is picking dusty over p clangerfield, who only had a few truly elite years himself. And even then his trademark was still bursting out of the middle for a hack kick mung into the forward 50 that usually went out on the full, straight to a defender, or into a random pocket

Thanks for playing.
To be fair, I only added the last paragraph 2 hours later after I saw a Blues fan had replied with lol emoji

The rest of my post didn't take long to type. Quite happy to add my opinion to the idiotic Carlton trolling which has basically made the Main Board unreadable in 2024 and not worth anyone's time.

Months of our lives, none of us will ever get back... :poo:

I think he forgot 2021 existed before Walsh rooted his back. Was basically doing exactly what Nicky was just in a drastically sh***er team. Was Carltons best player, got tagged by every 2nd team and was universally seen as the best up and coming player in the comp.

Nicky looks to have far better skills these days but given Walsh hasn't had a pre season in 3 years now I don't think he's going too bad.
Walsh has never and will never be able to do what Nick Daicos does.

Walsh has plateaud as one of the top 5 players at his club, whereas Daicos has been in the best 2 players in the competition, in his 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is the best young gun... Daicos, Green, Gulden, Rowell or Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back