Kayne Turner - DUI, Blood Alcohol of .133

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooh there are some who are making fun of it all but try making sense of it to those who lose someone..

Waking up to those who can't handle your inebriation must be warriors indeed.

Handling some in this thread would be a mammoth task.. Tackling is a way of life it seems...
This was what everyone was saying after the blasé way Hawthorn reacted to Hodge last year.

Really?
Link me to where I said that please.

The 1% that don't respect the limit do pose a real danger and sadly cost lives and affect families.

They deserve the harshest penalties available under the law imo.

But if it were 99% as stated we'd all be dead inside a month with thousands killed daily on our roads.

If you're going to attribute a statement to someone at least get it right.

well at least you reply with cordiality
never said you were a liar as such but the situation of drink driving is important that we don't want to appear to just
blame people inordinately.

I think that you and I both know that drink driving is a scourge on society and should be arrested.

I am not picking fights with people so don't rattle my cage..

Just that we can all throw statistics around and some people can misread them..

:)

I can't even imagine what the hurt must be like for people who have lost family and friends to drink drivers. For all those people you're entitled to every ounce of it.

For the average person thinking about this you have to empathise with young people because they make mistakes. Turn this into a positive for him like Libba.
Or alternatively put on your hoods and round him up for a hanging. Whilst you're doing it though remind yourself you are probably an ordinary person, unless of course you've managed to learn about life by never making mistakes.
This was an incredibly stupid thing. Could have killed someone. But he's a 20 year old competitor who was in a place where mistakes like this happen. I.e Drunk.

I was thinking moreso "for every 100 drivers who've had a drink and gotten behind the wheel, more than one of them would be over the limit". That's why I'm finding Syd's insistence upon "99%!" ridiculous.

Depending on the time of day, it's probably possible that more than one of a randomly selected 100 drivers would be over the limit, too, but I was moreso just thinking of drivers who have had a drink, because he's so strongly arguing for the right to be able to have a one or two drinks and still drive.

You mean 1% don't follow the rules, not 99%, totally different....

This was what everyone was saying after the blasé way Hawthorn reacted to Hodge last year.
How was it Blasee? Hodge is a grown man and had one more than he should. Perhaps he trained harder that day and was dehydrated and blew a higher reading than he normally would.

He did exactly what he should have. Apologised. Was embarrassed. Will never do it again and of course captained us to our third successive premiership.

Don't remember that but it wasn't a good thing no doubt. can only say that things have changed and these things are more focussed on doing the right thing.
People will chaff at the bit to raise a bit of hell of course but the point being that I will only defend what i feel is right.

I didn't bring the 99% into it originally, just saying that from what I've seen and heard, it'd be fair to dispute it.

Go read some stat pages
Every public holiday senior police praising the majority of drivers for their responsibility with sometimes 20000+ tests for a few hundred over the limut drivers

Better yet check the decline in alcohol related fatalities since rbts started in the early 80s

Yes some morons still are irresponsible but nowhere near the number you suggest

BTW have a look at your family and friends and tell me you believe 99% of them are that irresponsible as a random sampling.

Bit of a beat up. Sounds like the kid was out having a good time, decided he was ok to drive, and ran the gauntlet. Unfortunately for young Turner he got busted. The risks are well known. North have a risk taker, doesn't mind a bevvie. No problems on my end.

I was thinking moreso "for every 100 drivers who've had a drink and gotten behind the wheel, more than one of them would be over the limit". That's why I'm finding Syd's insistence upon "99%!" ridiculous.

Depending on the time of day, it's probably possible that more than one of a randomly selected 100 drivers would be over the limit, too, but I was moreso just thinking of drivers who have had a drink, because he's so strongly arguing for the right to be able to have a one or two drinks and still drive.

Keep up m8y

I was rebutting the claim that 99% disregarded the rules and drove over the limit.

You mean 1% don't follow the rules, not 99%, totally different....

Keep up m8y

I was rebutting the claim that 99% disregarded the rules and drove over the limit.

Yeah, I was never arguing (or at least never meaning to argue) that "99% don't follow the rules". Not sure how it's been interpreted that way :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go read some stat pages
Every public holiday senior police praising the majority of drivers for their responsibility with sometimes 20000+ tests for a few hundred over the limut drivers

Better yet check the decline in alcohol related fatalities since rbts started in the early 80s

Yes some morons still are irresponsible but nowhere near the number you suggest

BTW have a look at your family and friends and tell me you believe 99% of them are that irresponsible as a random sampling.
99% always sounds good doesn't it. that is the low standard given to rattle people into doing the right thing...

You had me fooled of course but I get the point. just to crash the party and keep people on the straight and narrow.

but it shouldn't happen at all and we all know this.

Less than 99% of drivers follow the rules.

Less than 99% of those who drive after having a drink would be under 0.05.

I don't think either statement is particularly outlandish.
When you say it like that I can understand (just) but I'd imagine maths and in particular stats isn't your strong suit.

Whoever suggested he should be sacked has no idea.

He needs to be punished and grown.
Would you like to borrow my stretching rack to do it ?

bloodypit07.jpg

99% always sounds good doesn't it. that is the low standard given to rattle people into doing the right thing...

You had me fooled of course but I get the point. just to crash the party and keep people on the straight and narrow.

but it shouldn't happen at all and we all know this.

99% of made up statistics are presented as fact 100% of the time.

When you say it like that I can understand (just) but I'd imagine maths and in particular stats isn't your strong suit.

I'm perfectly fine with numbers and maths. Maybe I could have just stated the point in more simple terms, like I did then.

Still, I don't understand how Syd has interpreted me as saying "99% are doing the wrong thing", because I think it was pretty obvious that's not what I mean or what I was arguing against.

No, 99% can't and don't respect the limit.

Yeah, I was never arguing (or at least never meaning to argue) that "99% don't follow the rules". Not sure how it's been interpreted that way :drunk:

I suggest you read what you wrote then. Because there is no other way it can be interpreted.

How was it Blasee? Hodge is a grown man and had one more than he should. Perhaps he trained harder that day and was dehydrated and blew a higher reading than he normally would.

He did exactly what he should have. Apologised. Was embarrassed. Will never do it again and of course captained us to our third successive premiership.
He would have known he was close to the limit, and was dangerous on the road.
Hodge was more embarrassed he got caught. Anyone who blows .06 knows they shouldn't be driving.

And if it was anyone less than Hodge, or ate my other time in the year Hawks would have given him a punishment.

I suggest you read what you wrote then. Because there is no other way it can be interpreted.

Well, I assumed that people would interpret "No, 99% can't and don't respect the limit" as "No, less than 99% respect the limit". Obviously I was wrong, and need to explain things in a different manner.

I'm perfectly fine with numbers and maths. Maybe I could have just stated the point in more simple terms, like I did then.

Still, I don't understand how Syd has interpreted me as saying "99% are doing the wrong thing", because I think it was pretty obvious that's not what I mean or what I was arguing against.
Syd is as confused as we all are. And lol at your re-explanation being simple.

That one was a slightly simpler riddle only.

He would have known he was close to the limit, and was dangerous on the road.
Hodge was more embarrassed he got caught. Anyone who blows .06 knows they shouldn't be driving.

And if it was anyone less than Hodge, or ate my other time in the year Hawks would have given him a punishment.

Say it three times and then consider your post again please.

A very easy mistake to make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayne Turner - DUI, Blood Alcohol of .133

Remove this Banner Ad

Back