Kayne Turner - DUI, Blood Alcohol of .133

Remove this Banner Ad

"No fun", because I don't want people to get behind the wheel of a car after having drank alcohol? Ok.

I love to drink, just don't think people should get behind the wheel after drinking.

Yeah, people can still drive fine after one or two drinks, but the leeway that 0.05 gives sees too many people "taking their chances",misjudging their limits and their own bodies, and favouring the "I'll be right" attitude while putting themselves and others at risk. A blanket 0.00 rule would cut a lot of that out IMO.

What about those who don't drink and are just shit at driving due to other factors? ie) Being old, most foreigners (No racist, before anyone has a go)
I guarantee i'm still a better driver after a drink or two.

Last edited:
Be interested to know how far he drove? My mate lives around the corner 2 mins in a car. Not saying I drive home pissed from his house (I walk) but that's different to flat out driving across suburbs. Different in that one is incredibly dumb the other defies belief.
Wrong thinking there, no excuses , no distance too short

Ooh there are some who are making fun of it all but try making sense of it to those who lose someone..

Waking up to those who can't handle your inebriation must be warriors indeed.

Handling some in this thread would be a mammoth task.. Tackling is a way of life it seems...

Wowser indeed.

Having one or two with a meal makes zero impact.
None, nada, zip.

I dislike the narrow minded deciding for society as a whole.
No I don't condone his actions either.
There's good scientific reason why the line is drawn at .05
That's the point where impairment appears in most.

If you can't handle it stick to 0
99% can and respect the limit

No, 99% can't and don't respect the limit. There's too much dice-rolling still going on.

Yeah, I get that a 0.00 rule would ruin things for the "one or two after work/at a barbie" crowd, but blame the people who abuse the rules. There's plenty of options for transport these days, so if you're planning on having a couple, plan ahead with your travel too.

What about those who don't drink and are just shit at driving due to other factors? ie) Being old, most foreigners (No racist, before anyone has a go)
I guaranty i'm still a better driver after a drink or two.
Actually studies have shown that many people who are found to drink drive also have a poor driving history. Also drivers drink drive on average eights times before they are caught.

No, 99% can't and don't respect the limit. There's too much dice-rolling still going on.

Yeah, I get that a 0.00 rule would ruin things for the "one or two after work/at a barbie" crowd, but blame the people who abuse the rules. There's plenty of options for transport these days, so if you're planning on having a couple, plan ahead with your travel too.

99% don't?

Why don't I see HUNDREDS of cars parked where the RBTs were?

Stop making up numbers to support your argument.
Even Police statistics show those over the limit are in the vast minority based on RBT stats

You're making yourself look silly now

Be interested to know how far he drove? My mate lives around the corner 2 mins in a car. Not saying I drive home pissed from his house (I walk) but that's different to flat out driving across suburbs. Different in that one is incredibly dumb the other defies belief.
Sorry, I dont buy that, driving drunk home when you live 2 mins around the corner, is no different to driving flat out around the suburbs. You still have a high chance of killing your self, or god forbid other people, even on a small trip to the next street.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99% don't?

Why don't I see HUNDREDS of cars parked where the RBTs were?

Stop making up numbers to support your argument.
Even Police statistics show those over the limit are in the vast minority based on RBT stats

You're making yourself look silly now

I'm not making up numbers. In fact, I'm not presenting any numbers. Given the amount of people who get picked up drink driving though, it's pretty safe to say that 99% aren't respecting the rules.

I'd say most people who get caught drink driving get done from getting "unluckily" pulled over by a patrolling police car and then breath tested, rather than just by blowing over at a breath testing station or booze bus (that aren't really that commonly around from my observation, at least not in Adelaide).

Last edited:
I'm not making up numbers. In fact, I'm not presenting any numbers. Given the amount of people who get picked up drink driving though, it's pretty safe to say that 99% aren't respecting the rules.

I'd say most people who get caught drink driving get done from getting pulled over and randomly breath tested, rather than just by blowing over at a breath testing stations (that aren't really that commonly around from my observation, at least not in Adelaide).

I'm not making up numbers...
99%

:cool:

Syd says that there aren't many drunken peanuts therefore it means that there isn't going to be anyone killed on the roads tonight.

Really?
Link me to where I said that please.

The 1% that don't respect the limit do pose a real danger and sadly cost lives and affect families.

They deserve the harshest penalties available under the law imo.

But if it were 99% as stated we'd all be dead inside a month with thousands killed daily on our roads.

If you're going to attribute a statement to someone at least get it right.

For every 100 cars on the road, more than one of them is driven by someone who is over the limit?

I was thinking moreso "for every 100 drivers who've had a drink and gotten behind the wheel, more than one of them would be over the limit". That's why I'm finding Syd's insistence upon "99%!" ridiculous.

Depending on the time of day, it's probably possible that more than one of a randomly selected 100 drivers would be over the limit, too, but I was moreso just thinking of drivers who have had a drink, because he's so strongly arguing for the right to be able to have a one or two drinks and still drive.

This is probably too far for most but honestly drink drivers deserve to die. Feel so bad for victims families all because of ******s like Hodge and Turner.

You are a peanut. Hodge driving at 0.068 was less likely to cause an accident than he would have been had he simply done the same drive sober 4 times. Just think about that. He made the wrong call to drive, but he most likely thought he was under but misjudged. I'm not suggesting that it is okay to drive when you're just a little over, but you have to put the degree of risk into perspective.

Driving 0.133 on Ps is a bit different because he 100% knew he was doing the wrong thing and from memory it's more like 20x more likely to cause an accident at that BAC. That BAC would reflect something like a 6 pack over a couple of hours. Very stupid to drive, and I would have thought he should not have been drinking at all given he was rehabbing from an injury.

Having said that, some of the calls here are OTT. He needs to learn a lesson, obviously - you've just got to put it in your mind that you WILL NOT DRIVE when you're out on the piss. You have to make sure you lodge that in your head before you start drinking because your decision making is impaired after you've had that many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayne Turner - DUI, Blood Alcohol of .133

Remove this Banner Ad

Back