Club Legend
Apr 10, 2005
Behind enemy lines
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Barca,AEK
Please,please,please guys!
In the midst of this enormous Blues lovefest in the media and football world in general,can we please keep a lid on things and have a reality check.
The alarm bells rang for me when Iron Mike Sheahan wrote his article about us in Monday's hun.
Now albeit we're off to a good start ...it is only Rd 3!
We've lost an in-form defender in Jamo and we're playing those Red and Black turds this week who beat us twice last year.
We have a rotten habit of losing games we should win,and it just feels like we're being set up for big fall this week.
Personally I wish we we're flying under the radar like the Saints and Doggies!
I do have confidence in the boys but we need to remind ourselves that its a marathon not a sprint(and Jeez do I wanna smash those Bomber scum)

Its driving me nuts!!!
And its not just the media but plenty of supporters who are having the biggest soggy biscuit fest ever. Just back up a little and realise we have only played two sides who finished out of the 8 last year and should do the same this year. We are yet to play the top echelon and some of the players we are starting to lose will hurt
We are just setting ourselves up for another tsunami of ridicule and abuse because we cant temper our pre-pubescent excitement

Where's the fun in keeping a lid on it? ;)

Let's leave that to the players and coaches, while we sit at our computers and say things like "I can't see us not winning the premiership this year!"

Far more enjoyable than pretending we aren't the greatest side to ever grace a football field :D:thumbsu:

:rolleyes: If I think we will smash Essendon I will post that I think we will smash Essendon!

I am not running around with any pants (although I'd like to be) saying that we will win the flag......no one is.

Winning form is good form and we can only beat who we play.....We have had too much sh*t shoveled our way over the past 7 years and now we are looking like we will really challenge for a top4-6 spot I am going to enjoy the ride cause it will only get strong as we move into next year and beyond!

Enjoy it for it is....god knows we deserve some football joy!!

I'm with Banga (T-Shirts available all sizes $19.95). We now have a captain - and I'll tell youse this for free. Without him last Saturday we'd more than likely have lost and I'm not talking kicks and other stats.

We now can do things our way on the ground rather than make reactive changes to the reamings of the past. It's been so long we've been taking it in the ass, it's nice to be able to sit down again. Really. So **** the lid - WACFTR. :thumbsu:

When you look at who we beat, its two side we have already beaten last year.

Something horrible is still sitting in the back of my mind, and even though it was a practice match, that thumping we got from Freo still leaves holes in the heart..

I think that would be the first time in football history that any match against Freo has been used as guidance for anything, ever.

They are a no-existence Club without impact on anything other than the McManus retirement fund.

Id suggest you decline to enter into that logic.

meanwhile we've beaten 2 teams that were likely to fight it out for the bottom rungs of the 8. That means we're at this stage probably on track for slightly above the bottom rungs of the 8, nothing more.

if we lose to Essendon then we're back in 'fighting it out for the 8'

Meh, deep down we all know it's still small steps.

But hey, I love walking around the lunch room saying how we'll beat Essendon by 15 goals this weekend and nothing will stop up this year.

We will flog Esssendon. They are ordinary.

Those of you who would rather not enjoy our good start to the season, don't.

Those of you who would rather not enjoy being top of the ladder (for the first time in almost 13 years), don't.

Those of you who would rather not enjoy the arrogant strut that is the birthright of every Carlton supporter, don't.

Those of you who would rather not enjoy finally seeing some positive and optimistic articles about our great club after so many years of being kicked while we were down, don't.

Those of you would rather not get excited about our ever improving team for fear of opposition supporter ridicule (be it online or in the real world) when we do inevitably drop a game, don't.

That is of course your prerogative.

Telling the rest of us that we must join you is NOT!

If we can go 3-0 up, then that will be a MASSIVE step towards playing finals footy this year. Get excited everyone, our team seems to be going places!

But personally, i dont subscribe to the hype and believe we aren't top 4 material yet. I expect a 6-8th finish this season, but would be pleasantly surprised to end the year higher and win a final.

One thing that made me cringe though was the brownlow odds in the paper. Judd was second favourite, Gibbs 4th favourite, and Murphy 6th favourite. Seeing that many Carlton players all crammed in the top 6 kind of made me feel a bit cheap as we havn't really earned that kind of recognition yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're gonna do shit this year... where gonna have a depressing time... so why not make most out of what we are at now...
-Undefeated
-top of the ladder
-most quarters won
-most points for
-best percentage
-gibbs leading the brownlow
-murphy coming second
-second most % time in front
-Kreuzer beating every ruck he's gone against
-not fev centric
i can keep going

the most important thing.... WE ARE CARLTON... F*CK THE REST

As far as i know we are all supporters and not players or anyone officially representing Carlton. It's our job to take the lid off :)

I think there's a term for supporters thinking that their getting excited translates to players not pushing themselves hard enough on-field: delusions of grandeur.

I'll agree that alot of what is said by the OP does make sense...

But at the end of the day, WTF is being a footy supporter all about if you can't enjoy it and get abit excited while your team is up and about?

I think there's a term for supporters thinking that their getting excited translates to players not pushing themselves hard enough on-field: delusions of grandeur.

Funny how peoples minds work.

Just for example , you have 2 reserved tickets to the footy , when you get there with your mate you find 4 seats vacant in the area ( still vacant 10 minutes into the first quarter) then your approached by people saying excuse me your in my seat , which is all fine but geez theres 2 seats right beside the ones you got ? Whats wrong with them ?

In the scheme of things does it really matter ? NO , But it seems the laid back mentality of Australians has almost disappeared , and we are all pedantic stressed out assholes :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep your pants on!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back