Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans for 39, 46, 69 & 70 (More to come possibly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans - Official

I feel sick.

We paid over the odds for Gibson. Then on the back of paying pick 9 an Willow for Burgoyne, we give K3 and Benny Mac away for nothing. Those lowly picks amount to nothing - may as well be picks 100 - 102. The Hawks and K3 alone could have done a better deal by playing hardball, and trading next year when his value had increased - to us, and to K3 himself.

Granted, Im pleased for Willow. A 3 yr deal isn't to be sneezed at.

The only saving grace in this situation can be if those shite picks are somehow tied to a ruckman. Still won't be happy, but the best we can hope for, and still we'll be the losers.

How didn't some of the low picks for Essendon get on traded to us in return for Willow? Scum & Cats unite to rub our noses in something?

Gutted.

McGlynn fine, but Kennedy Damn.
Oh well, It's probably better for them, As the oppturnity they will get at Sydney will be class.

Very happy with this trade from a Swans perspective, I reckon we paid well under their worth. I guess it's a combination of lack of opportunity at the Hawks + plenty of salary cap space.

Re: Picks 39, 46, 69 & 70.

What about putting something into a guy like Josh Fraser, no longer the no 1 ruckman for his team who might like the prospect of playing for a good team as its first choice?

I feel sick.

We paid over the odds for Gibson. Then on the back of paying pick 9 an Willow for Burgoyne, we give K3 and Benny Mac away for nothing. Those lowly picks amount to nothing - may as well be picks 100 - 102. The Hawks and K3 alone could have done a better deal by playing hardball, and trading next year when his value had increased - to us, and to K3 himself.

Granted, Im pleased for Willow. A 3 yr deal isn't to be sneezed at.

The only saving grace in this situation can be if those shite picks are somehow tied to a ruckman. Still won't be happy, but the best we can hope for, and still we'll be the losers.

How didn't some of the low picks for Essendon get on traded to us in return for Willow? Scum & Cats unite to rub our noses in something?

Gutted.
We didn't give K3 and Glynny away.... THEY WALKED OUT

Very happy with this trade from a Swans perspective, I reckon we paid well under their worth. I guess it's a combination of lack of opportunity at the Hawks + plenty of salary cap space.

Mate - you guys have KILLED it here.

Kennedy and McGlynn were never going to command too much out there, but McGlynn has finally strung some games together and so has Kennedy and they were both started to be seriously good at the end of the season.

Congrats.

Just hope we do something with the draft picks!!!!

Re: Picks 39, 46, 69 & 70.

What about putting something into a guy like Josh Fraser, no longer the no 1 ruckman for his team who might like the prospect of playing for a good team as its first choice?

I like it. Fraser has dodgy knees but if he doesn't cost us much and we can nurse him through he could be a useful player for 2 or 3 years.

If you can do to Ben McGlynn what you did to Rhyce Shaw this year, you'll be laughing at this trade. Kennedy is a tank and will love the contested ball gameplan Roos plays at the SCG. He, Kirk and Jude Bolton in the centre square will make up for the fact that you've got Seaby and Mumford rucking for you. ;)

also, guys, they wanted to leave, we got something for them, maybe a little undervalue, but something none-the-less.

dont be hypocrits, because if a player walked out of another club, you would of been telling them to get a deal done rather then getting nothing

Don't care so much about Mcglynn, really only saw his future with us as a tagger. But annoyed about K3. Thought he was a real shot for a senior gig in 2010.

Still, the club (Hopefully) knows best. Guess the young kids that are there are expected to stand up.

Best of luck to both the guys in Sydney though. Best club for them imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say chaps this is all a bit rich isn't it? Sounds like the Swans bent the pelican over rather than the almost legislated other way around.

What with the fiasco with Browny yesterday sounds like it is not really a "happy team down there at Hawthorn" just at the present. :eek:

From foxsports:

Josh was traded for pick 39 and Ben McGlnn for 46 and 70 in the forthcoming national draft.

Kennedy was presented with what he saw as a footballing opportunity and a three-year contract offer to move to Sydney. Having been enticed by the offer, Kennedy sought out Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson to discuss the opportunity to formalise the trade.

McGlynn was also attracted to the Sydney Swans and it was made clear to Hawthorn that if a trade was not completed to Sydney that he would nominate for either the national or preseason draft if required

I say chaps this is all a bit rich isn't it? Sounds like the Swans bent the pelican over rather than the almost legislated other way around.

What with the fiasco with Browny yesterday sounds like it is not really a "happy team down there at Hawthorn" just at the present. :eek:

I wouldn't say we got bent over, however it still hurts. Just wondering considering you follow a club that is an expert on this. Does it hurt less the more time it happens?

Shaking my head.

Who said the hawks are tough to deal with?

With Burgoyne in, maybe Young back, Osbourne fit, Ellis back..... Mcglynn is not a lock in the best 22.

Kennedy unfortunately has a similar problem. How do you jump over Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge. At the end of last year the hawks were playing Mitchell in the backline to accomodate Kennedy. This is not feasible if the hawks want to win premierships. Kennedy will be a very good player but unfortunately it is probably the right move for him.

Hawks cant ask for too much for them despite us seeing the potential in Kennedy.

also, guys, they wanted to leave, we got something for them, maybe a little undervalue, but something none-the-less.

dont be hypocrits, because if a player walked out of another club, you would of been telling them to get a deal done rather then getting nothing

Kennedy walked because he was offered a 1 year contract.

Is that the way to treat a grandson of a legend?

I wonder if John Kennedy Snr will ever turn up for training at Waverley again?

Every year i hear the same stupid argument about Pelchan. Tell me one trade where he has failed miserably thus far????? Anyone??? Yeah everyones an expert. This is their job people, they live and breathe it everyday. Let them do their job and enough with the armchair criticisms!!

While it is sad to see Willo,K3 and Benny gone from Hawthorn....they wanted out as they saw their opportunites limited,

Good gains by getting Shaun Burgoyne and Gibson,plus we have still have Muston,Dowler and Thorp.

We are going to have an awesome list and with a bit of luck from injuries i can see us being a power team for the next few years.

Good work by Chris Pelchen.

We didn't give K3 and Glynny away.... THEY WALKED OUT
They walked out? Is that the spin we are going to put on things to cloud the truth? They walked or were put in a situation where they had no alternative (ie. were shown the door)? In a not so subtle manner, being offered a 1 yr contract is being told we dont want you. Theres plenty of puppets on our payroll getting better money, and better security for playing at Box Hill, or are just plain maligners. It doesnt really matter now, apart from salvaging the poor guys reputations.

I dont think its fair to say that K3 didnt want to be there, he seemed plenty enthusiastic, and was the years most improved for my money, but what do you expect a guy to do if he gets a 1 yr offer. And why would we even bother with the offer if we knew he wasnt going to be there anyhow?

Burgoyne 'walked' in a much more public manner, and his club got something considerably more than nothing.

I dont know if blame can be laid at any one persons feet, but the result they acheived seems absolutely negligent. I would have sat them on the bench or told em to enter the draft if they thought they could walk out with such little return to us. Pelchen seems to have been to preoccupied with Burgoyne and failed on this one

We'll be crying about K3 in years to come, and not just from the name he carries, he will turn into a player who is gonna hurt us.

Has only served as a distraction from the reaming we got over Willow.

A dark day

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy & Mcglynn to Swans for 39, 46, 69 & 70 (More to come possibly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back