Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Remove this Banner Ad

How about this for a left field option, Leon Cameron? Experienced coach, Sheedy acolyte, not Essendon; brings with him as senior assistant one J Hird and D Solomon thereby keeping the kool aide drinkers happy....

I have heard on good authority that Kevin Sheedy has been plotting the return of James Hird to the Essendon Football Club.

Kevin has been making an effort to clean up James' brand through the media in a very deliberate and considered way.

Mark Robinson is also in the loop as the preferred media contact.

Kevin was instrumental in James' appointment at GWS.

James will consider being a full time assistant coach in 2023 to help his cause to become a senior coach again if he doesn't get propelled into the role "early".

The bottom line is that Kevin Sheedy wants James Hird to be the next coach of the Essendon Football Club (end of this year or end of/mid way through next year) and is gathering the numbers at board level to make this happen.

Congrats, nailed it, a rare BF legit rumour.

Can someone tell Essendon it’s 2022 not 1982, Carlton still has the same tendencies as well.

How is Dodoro still there? I mean I’m glad he is, but coming up on 20yrs without a finals win and the recruiting guy has no heat on his job?

Congrats, nailed it, a rare BF legit rumour.

Can someone tell Essendon it’s 2022 not 1982, Carlton still has the same tendencies as well.

How is Dodoro still there? I mean I’m glad he is, but coming up on 20yrs without a finals win and the recruiting guy has no heat on his job?
You could say Collingwood still have the same tendencies as well with some of the stuff that happens with the board.

How about this for a left field option, Leon Cameron? Experienced coach, Sheedy acolyte, not Essendon; brings with him as senior assistant one J Hird and D Solomon thereby keeping the kool aide drinkers happy....

If he couldnt make it with GWS' superlist what is he going to do with Essendon's list. They will be lucky to win a game

Kevin Sheedy wants an experienced coach. His grasp of current events reminds me of American Wrestling Association owner Verne Gagne who wanted an experienced wrestler to build a feud around. "Let's get Adrian Adonis" he told his team. "Ah, he's dead" replied one of his wrestlers. If Sheedy is in charge, I expect them to target Norm Smith.
More like Herb Abrams booking Bruiser Brody in 1989, you always thought there was some strange way the absolute mentalist might pull it off.

Sheedy is a disaster

How did they let him get back into the.club?

To be fair to him and the club, he was initially bought back there to do a marketing/promotion type role.

Whether you love or hate him any neutral would agree that that is the perfect role for him, he has always been great for the code in that respect.

Nek minnit he’s on the board in 2020.

Nek minnit he immediately publicly tells the outgoing head of football Dan Richardson to GAGF, gives mixed messages about Ben Rutten, says that Essendon needs more Essendon people and that they need to stop copying Richmond, who had just won their 3rd flag in 4 years.

And here we are.

If he couldnt make it with GWS' superlist what is he going to do with Essendon's list. They will be lucky to win a game

GWS has never had a super list, they always have always had an imbalanced list.

Since inception their top 5-6 players have always been high quality A graders, however like Geelong of the 80’s and the Saints under RTB, their bottom 3-4 best 22 players would struggle to get a game at any other club.

To be fair to him and the club, he was initially bought back there to do a marketing/promotion type role.

Whether you love or hate him any neutral would agree that that is the perfect role for him, he has always been great for the code in that respect.

Nek minnit he’s on the board in 2020.

Nek minnit he immediately publicly tells the outgoing head of football Dan Richardson to GAGF, gives mixed messages about Ben Rutten, says that Essendon needs more Essendon people and that they need to stop copying Richmond, who had just won their 3rd flag in 4 years.

And here we are.
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could say Collingwood still have the same tendencies as well with some of the stuff that happens with the board.

We’ve had one lot of board change over in 20yrs and played finals in 13 of those years. Must be doing something right.

Recruiting overpaid players from other clubs and club leadership coups are classic 80’s. Essendon and Carlton are still doing that.

Also we are playing finals and you’re not, ha.

We’ve had one lot of board change over in 20yrs and played finals in 13 of those years. Must be doing something right.

Recruiting overpaid players from other clubs and club leadership coups are classic 80’s. Essendon and Carlton are still doing that.

ooohhhh burn

Talk about classic 80's.

What was that word the 2021 independent review used to describe racism at Collingwood..........systemic

That's right systemic......Allan McAlister would be so proud

Leon needs a long holiday to decompress and recover his sense of joy and possibility. The job beat down on him very heavily. A lighter spirit is needed.

I still remember his 3 1st qtr goals in the 73 GF. And his tricky little handpass over the fella on the mark to Mike Green in the goal square in 74 GF. Those memories make it easier to deal with the current toxic Sheeds.

Yeah - but how many times recently have you won trade week ????

Hey - I mean, that's what's really important.... :p

ooohhhh burn

Talk about classic 80's.

What was that word the 2021 independent review used to describe racism at Collingwood..........systemic

That's right systemic......Allan McAlister would be so proud

John Elliott would be proud of the money you are throwing at a handful of players meaning you have no depth and choke in close games and miss finals. Difference is you can’t pay for depth via brown paper bag anymore.

How many coaches and Presidents have you had the last 10yrs or so? Systematic failure

Hird has an ego, a huge ego, if he gets the Essendon job, he is going to cop it from oppo fans, and some Essendon fans big time.

Remember he tried to kill himself, if he fails again as coach, I fear for his health, that won't be on the media this time, that will be on the EFC's stupidity.

John Elliott would be proud of the money you are throwing at a handful of players meaning you have no depth and choke in close games and miss finals. Difference is you can’t pay for depth via brown paper bag anymore.

How many coaches and Presidents have you had the last 10yrs or so? Systematic failure
Your last president was a like a cockroach....you just couldn't get rid of him, no matter what stupid stuff he continually did.

And now you replace him with Tom Browne's old man.

How much will the payroll lady at Collingwood love it when she has to keep paying Treloar and Grundy big bucks while they play at other clubs.

Hird has an ego, a huge ego, if he gets the Essendon job, he is going to cop it from oppo fans, and some Essendon fans big time.

Remember he tried to kill himself, if he fails again as coach, I fear for his health, that won't be on the media this time, that will be on the EFC's stupidity.

If that scenario plays out, it's on Hird and his camp just as much as it is EFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Remove this Banner Ad

Back