KFC Twenty20 International Game 1: Australia v England @ Adelaide (Wed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson can go from ball 1 and is a handy off spinner.
Christian can also go from ball 1, and is a better bowler than Simpson by a mile.

That was quite possibly the best game I'll ever attend, the atmosphere was electric in those last few overs!!:thumbsu: Watto, you son of a gun!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

So one game then.

lol. you asked me for one game. in fact i think your exact words were "give me a game where...". so i give you a game and you say "aw great so one game them". don't be a muppet

if you want more there are plenty but you can look them up yourself

Also, credit must be given to MJ. He did end up with good figures, no matter how maligned he is.
Johno bowled very well tonight, full credit to him. I thought Tait bowled alright tonight, it aint his fault a couple of sitters were put down early. And I didn't think Lee was all that bad either, suprised to see the amount of critisicm of him on here in such a close game. I think we should just all appreciate how exciting the match was and get on with it, if anyone is to blame, it's Hussey (and to a far lesser extent, White).

No today proved we needed Dan Christian REALLY badly after our captain decided it was a test match and his co pilot Hussey decided to support his quest
Interesting considering Warner batted WITH THE FIELD UP.

And scored at almost exactly the same strike rate as both of them.

Your thoughts please?

hilfy's problem is if the ball doesn't swing he is going to be hit. if you have Watson in the t20 side you could take a risk and pick him.

He did bowl very nice last night. He is a world class bowler when he is swinging it but he doesn't do it enough.

Seeing as how much BF love their stats... bring up Hilfy's for T20..... it surprised me too, I watched him last night and thought **** he bowls OK in T20 and had a look, basically been the best performed behind Nannes for Australian quicks in T20.

There really is no thought in the selection and order of our team. To start with I think you need a guy who can score easily and not get stuck and hit the odd boundary(Paine) and open them with a big hitter(Watson or Warner if he wants to play as a slogger instead of his new Test mode), you then float the rest... if we're 1 or 2 /101 off 10 then bring in White, it it's 2/15 bring in Hussey... surely you also tell anyone going in at 1 or 2 for a lot... go hard or get out trying? it just seems common sense but that's something CA doesn't seem to have at the moment!

Lee and Tait cant be n a T20 match together, would pick Lee over tait in a heartbeat, 3 of the first 6, 1 in the middle banned from the death. The pace attack was totally unbalanced tonight.
The numbers don't lie.

I can't really stand Tait as a bowler anymore but his record in that format is excellent.
One bad game shouldn't dismiss all of that.

What about George Bailey? Must be in the mix?

Has actually been very ordinary this year until the BB but is a very clean hitter and smart cricketer... also easily in the top few fielders in the country.

Too lazy to quote you but the poster who mocked my X for SOK in T20. Even on career stats X's economy is easily better than SOK's and X is far improved over the last couple of years. Problem around here is we have those good posters(we all know the ones) who actually bother to watch the domestic game and then those who are limited to the career stats on cricket.com.au who decide to argue with those actually watching and supporting our domestic comp. I have noticed posters(not just Tassie ones) get bagged for saying Krezja should get a look in, those who watch the game know he has changed his game massively to work with Doherty as the best bowling combo in domestic limited overs cricket. Problem is posters get limited to what 9 shows them and because of Doherty's Test(which he should of never been picked for) performances think he's a bad bowler... those domestic fans would not argue with me that he has been the MVP of the one day scene for the last few seasons.

*edit* to the previous posts.. Christian should be automatic selection for ODI's and T20's. Big hitting combined with solid bowling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about George Bailey? Must be in the mix?

I wish he was a better bat because I reckon he's one of, if not the best captain going around in Australia at the moment. Love how he opens up with a spinner in both the shorter forms and knows how to use the spinners effectively, which is very important in all forms of the game. Unfortunately it looks like he'll only ever be a good domestic cricketer and not quite up to the international level.

Read most of the first 13 pages of this thread and wouldn't want to waste another second reading any more. What a bunch of parochial verbal diarrhea. I wonder if you're all this hard on yourselves in your own jobs? If you're not perfect for every second of your times there do you start abusing yourselves like that? Or do you only have the guts to be an "armchair critic" and get stuck into others like that?
I mean writing blokes off because of one so-so game, or because they struggle for a few minutes, is just laughable. Or making a judgement on someone's captaincy 30 minutes into his tenure.
There's clearly little chance of any intelligent, unbiased conversation to be a part of here.

That does seem strange, if that's the case. You could easily argue that Christian and Hodge have been the best performed in the one dayers this summer and it looks like neither may go to the World Cup, which would be just crap.
I do think Christian would be very much still in their thoughts, though, along with maybe Hopes.

Too lazy to quote you but the poster who mocked my X for SOK in T20. Even on career stats X's economy is easily better than SOK's and X is far improved over the last couple of years. Problem around here is we have those good posters(we all know the ones) who actually bother to watch the domestic game and then those who are limited to the career stats on cricket.com.au who decide to argue with those actually watching and supporting our domestic comp. I have noticed posters(not just Tassie ones) get bagged for saying Krezja should get a look in, those who watch the game know he has changed his game massively to work with Doherty as the best bowling combo in domestic limited overs cricket. Problem is posters get limited to what 9 shows them and because of Doherty's Test(which he should of never been picked for) performances think he's a bad bowler... those domestic fans would not argue with me that he has been the MVP of the one day scene for the last few seasons.

That was me. I do watch domestic cricket. SOK isn't a good ODD player, but he has done very well in T20 cricket, and very well in First Class cricket, by bowling with good control, flight and variation. Doherty has performed well in 50 over cricket, he is our best 50 over bowler, but in T20 cricket just does not take wickets, probably because he comes onto the bat too quickly. The best spinners in T20 cricket take the pace off the ball, make the batsmen work to hit it, and as such draw miscues. That's also why Krejza is so successful in T20s.

It's a common error to think that if a player is better in 50 over cricket than FC cricket, then they'll also be better at T20 cricket (i.e. the shorter the format, the better), or the reverse. That is not at all the case. T20 is not just concentrated 50 over cricket, it is its own beast, with its own tactics, its own methods.

Also, you mention their economy.... lol. SOK's is 8.00 on the dot, Doherty's is 7.94.

Doherty has always been a good 50-over player, he is a much improved FC bowler, but he is not an international-standard T20 bowler. SOK, in his games so far, has looked perfectly comfortable at international level (aside from his fielding tonight!). Why you'd want to replace him is beyond me.

doherty or sok? i think we should go with the guy going at 6.39 an over in 20 matches and 20 wickets.

yep it's
126098.jpg

doherty or sok? i think we should go with the guy going at 6.39 an over in 20 matches and 20 wickets.

yep it's
126098.jpg

No problem there either. Also to blood above me, my apologies for the rant although I read different stats to you, I am looking at 7.6 at 34 to X and 8.2 at 31 to SOK.. not much difference but hardly a joke for me to suggest a swap, 1/17 off 3, 1/19 off 3 and 2/22 off 4 this years stats. As I have said numerous times on here... why have Australia not tried the Tassie game plan of two spinners? Obviously I watch more Tassie cricket than others but nearly every game no matter how good the start when X and Krezja come on the run rate dies.

Remove this Banner Ad

KFC Twenty20 International Game 1: Australia v England @ Adelaide (Wed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back