Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2013 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Kolodjashnij in your top 70 :eek:

Kolodjashnij in my top 20. See p21, #524.

Op hasn't been updated. Will get around to it some time over the next month with some luck.

Kolodjashnij in my top 20. See p21, #524.

Op hasn't been updated. Will get around to it some time over the next month with some luck.
Ahh, no probs. :thumbsu: Top 20 is a reasonable call at this stage, for sure. Would be surprised if he doesn't get taken in the first 30 picks, but long way to go yet. Definitely has to be in any top 70 list :)

I'll go one better and offer my up to date best 35 for 2013.

Power Rankings for 2013:
*Potential A-graders*
1. Jesse Hogan (WA - KPF) – Melbourne via minidraft
2. Jack Martin (WA - Util) – Gold Coast via minidraft
3. Luke McDonald (VIC - UTIL – NM F/S)
4. Thomas Boyd (VIC - KPF)
5.Dominic Sheed (WA – Mid)
6. James Aish (SA - Mid)
7. Jack Billings (VIC – Fwd/Mid)
8. Matt Crouch (VIC - Mid)
9.Luke Dunstan (SA –Mid/Fwd)
10.Ben Lennon (VIC - Fwd)
--
*Potentially high level AFL footballers*
11. Matt Scharenberg (SA – Mid/Def)
12. Josh Kelly (VIC - Mid)
13. Trent Dumont (SA - Mid)
14. Nathan Freeman (VIC – Mid)
15. Christian Salem (VIC - Mid)
16. Marcus Bontempelli (VIC – Mid)
17. Lloyd Perris (NSW – Mid - Syd)
18. Cameron Conlon (VIC – KPF/Ruck)
19. Darcy Gardiner (VIC – KPD)
20. Kade Kolodjashnij (TAS – Util)
21. Dwayne Wilson (SA – Mid)
22. Alex Spina (SA – Mid)
23. Nicholas Robertson (WA – Mid)
24. Blake Acres (WA – Mid)
25. William Maginness (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
26. James Tsitas (VIC – Mid)
27. Billy Hartung (VIC - Mid)
28. Lewis Taylor (VIC – Mid)
29. Jarman Impey (VIC – Fwd)
30. Erin Wasley-Black (NT – Def)
31. Jay Kennedy-Harris (VIC – Fwd)
32. Cain Tickner (QLD – KPP - Brisbane)
33. Isaac Conway (QLD – Mid- Brisbane)
34. Isaiah Miller (VIC – Mid)
35. Eli Templeton (TAS - Mid)

Good list. I think mine at the moment looks like this. I'll get it together properly after the champs.

1. Jack Martin
2. Jesse Hogan
3. Tom Boyd
4. James Aish
5. Matthew Scharenberg
6. Luke Dunstan
7. Luke McDonald
8. Jack Billings
9. Matthew Crouch
10. Ben Lennon
11. Trent Dumont
12. Dom Sheed
13. Josh Kelly
14. Nick Robertson
15. Luke Reynolds
16. Christian Salem
17. Darcy Hourigan
18. Darcy Gardiner
19. Marcus Bontempelli
20. James Tsitas
21. Tom Cutler
22. Eli Templeton
23. Dwayne Wilson
24. Kade Kolodjashnij
25. Cam Conlon
26. Nathan Freeman
27. Errin Wasley-Black
28. Lewis Taylor
29. Isaac Conway
30. Alex Spina
31. Blake Acres
32. Alex Spencer
33. Billy Hartung
34. Connor O'Sullivan
35. Jay Kennedy-Harris
36. Zac Webster
37. Jarman Impey
38. Dallas Willsmore
39. Nick Favretto
40. Hugh Curnow
41. Jordan Walker
42. Harley Armstrong-Weston
43. Darcy Cameron
44. Jake Kalanj
45. Mitch Keedle
46. Jake Greiser
47. Aidan Franetic
48. Jack Leslie
49. Tom Langdon
50. Nick Bourke

Darcy Gardiner I see going around that early second round mark and is probably that only key defender I'm liking at this stage.

Tom Cutler having missed time may go later. At 190cm he may develop into more of a tall utility.

If looking key defence I'd look to add a either a mature ager if someone comes through in the second half of the season or the trade/free agent route.

Salem is a good user of the footy. Not super damaging but composed and hits his targets. For pace he's not a line breaker but a high motor guy with a strong work rate.

Have seen bits of Bampton. Strong bodied inside mid for a 17 year old and has a real hunger for the contest from the bits I've seen. I'd like to see him play against stronger competition during the u18 champs to see exactly where he is at but looks draftable.

I'll go one better and offer my up to date best 35 for 2013.

Power Rankings for 2013:
*Potential A-graders*
1. Jesse Hogan (WA - KPF) – Melbourne via minidraft
2. Jack Martin (WA - Util) – Gold Coast via minidraft
3. Luke McDonald (VIC - UTIL – NM F/S)
4. Thomas Boyd (VIC - KPF)
5.Dominic Sheed (WA – Mid)
6. James Aish (SA - Mid)
7. Jack Billings (VIC – Fwd/Mid)
8. Matt Crouch (VIC - Mid)
9.Luke Dunstan (SA –Mid/Fwd)
10.Ben Lennon (VIC - Fwd)
--
*Potentially high level AFL footballers*
11. Matt Scharenberg (SA – Mid/Def)
12. Josh Kelly (VIC - Mid)
13. Trent Dumont (SA - Mid)
14. Nathan Freeman (VIC – Mid)
15. Christian Salem (VIC - Mid)
16. Marcus Bontempelli (VIC – Mid)
17. Lloyd Perris (NSW – Mid - Syd)
18. Cameron Conlon (VIC – KPF/Ruck)
19. Darcy Gardiner (VIC – KPD)
20. Kade Kolodjashnij (TAS – Util)
21. Dwayne Wilson (SA – Mid)
22. Alex Spina (SA – Mid)
23. Nicholas Robertson (WA – Mid)
24. Blake Acres (WA – Mid)
25. William Maginness (VIC – Mid/Fwd)
26. James Tsitas (VIC – Mid)
27. Billy Hartung (VIC - Mid)
28. Lewis Taylor (VIC – Mid)
29. Jarman Impey (VIC – Fwd)
30. Erin Wasley-Black (NT – Def)
31. Jay Kennedy-Harris (VIC – Fwd)
32. Cain Tickner (QLD – KPP - Brisbane)
33. Isaac Conway (QLD – Mid- Brisbane)
34. Isaiah Miller (VIC – Mid)
35. Eli Templeton (TAS - Mid)

Great to see those guys finally getting some recognition. :thumbsu:

Great work Knightmare. :thumbsu:

If you think Bontempelli isn't getting recognition, you're obviously not reading my posts. I've been saying Melbourne should consider him.

Looking forward to watching him play, do you honestly think he could jump that high in the draft based on performances? Or just the attributes he has?

Looking forward to watching him play, do you honestly think he could jump that high in the draft based on performances? Or just the attributes he has?
I don't think he'll go that high,I do really like him though. If he's available at your second pick he'd be a great selection.

Strong list Sin. Liking it!

On Bontempelli a good result would be top 10 with a first round position looking probable at this stage if he plays strong footy for the rest of the year. He's not going 1/2/3 if the draft was to be held tomorrow. There are some others who have gone further to dominate games and have better runs on the board to this point.

Not as committed as his older brother, not sure he wants it enough.

Libba's younger brother is one to watchout for in a couple of years' time. Dominating his comp apparently.

From what I have seen this year the younger wallis seems to be a lot more focused on his footy, already has a very mature body and is just a natural next year if he decides to really push to get picked up I believe he could no doubt be picked up and have a very good future. Is a very different player to his brother though more you halfback flanker.

On Bontempelli a good result would be top 10 with a first round position looking probable at this stage if he plays strong footy for the rest of the year. He's not going 1/2/3 if the draft was to be held tomorrow. There are some others who have gone further to dominate games and have better runs on the board to this point.

Depends what you're basing it on. Because Bontempelli was named in the best players for the AIS side against Collingwood, the European Legion and the mixed game in Copenhagen - so outperforming many of his highly touted teammates. And from all reports, he has played well whenever he lined up with his school side. So, based on this year's performances...

And if teams were picking on attributes, potential and with an eye to the future, then I don't see why he shouldn't be talked about as a top pick. If Sheed is top 5, then Bontempelli is too.

And come on Knightmare, what do I have to do to get you on board with some of the other South Australian kids? Reynolds and in particular Hourigan both need to be up there. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KM, bit of an abstract one, but what are your thoughts on Jedd Clothier and Jydon Neagle, how far off being in that top 70 would they be at this stage (if not inside it)?. Apparently doing some nice things for Calder and Murray, but not setting the world on fire.

What about Tom Lamb from the Dandenong Stingrays? He got picked in the U/18 championships, heard he is a promsing key position player.

Draft age next year from my understanding.

Depends what you're basing it on. Because Bontempelli was named in the best players for the AIS side against Collingwood, the European Legion and the mixed game in Copenhagen - so outperforming many of his highly touted teammates. And from all reports, he has played well whenever he lined up with his school side. So, based on this year's performances...

And if teams were picking on attributes, potential and with an eye to the future, then I don't see why he shouldn't be talked about as a top pick. If Sheed is top 5, then Bontempelli is too.

And come on Knightmare, what do I have to do to get you on board with some of the other South Australian kids? Reynolds and in particular Hourigan both need to be up there. :)

I'll wait until the u18 champs. Not even being at that mid way point in the year yet I'd like to think I've still got time to change my view on a number of players as happens every year when you get to see how they each perform on the big stage.

At the moment I consider my draft largely Vic midfielder heavy due to the sheer quantity of those midfielders playing some strong footy at the moment and more and more really selling themselves as serious AFL quality prospects.

Reynolds and Hourigan I had both around that first round mark coming into the season but perhaps I move them into that first round again among other SA boys once I see them on line up against the Vic boys.

I always enjoy some good South Australians with those SA boys more often than not the best users by foot so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can produce again this year.

KM, bit of an abstract one, but what are your thoughts on Jedd Clothier and Jydon Neagle, how far off being in that top 70 would they be at this stage (if not inside it)?. Apparently doing some nice things for Calder and Murray, but not setting the world on fire.

Neagle was overlooked last year and with some other overagers performing to a higher standard - notably Garlett, Herbert, Haynes, Kearns and Amato among others it's an uphill battle.

Clothier is going ok though and as a rookie could be an interesting one who may develop.

Neagle was overlooked last year and with some other overagers performing to a higher standard - notably Garlett, Herbert, Haynes, Kearns and Amato among others it's an uphill battle.

Clothier is going ok though and as a rookie could be an interesting one who may develop.

Cheers, on an unrelated note I really wanted Kearns last year :( .

I guess the champs will tell the tale with the div 2 kids. Hopefully they both get good cracks at it, Clothier's been forced out to the flanks a bit from what I've heard.

Knightmare , where abouts does Julian Eimutis stack up? Hard working lad down at Sandy who I heard was invited to do a bit of training with the Metro lads. Rookie prospect?

Eimutis is an honest trier.

Clubs like their high character guys so if Eimutis can convince them that he'll work and shows strong improvement over the second half of the season then perhaps that perhaps that puts him in the mix as a rookie.

Sweet, thanks :thumbsu:

What about Jayme Lawson?

Lawson as far as I'm aware hasn't played to this point in the year. Is he playing school footy?

Not familiar enough with his game and would want to see more of him over the later part of the season before I make a comment.

Eimutis?

How's his last name pronounced?

Emu-tis?
Yeah that's it :thumbsu:

Lawson as far as I'm aware hasn't played to this point in the year. Is he playing school footy?

Not familiar enough with his game and would want to see more of him over the later part of the season before I make a comment.

Oh right, I should have known. I don't recall him playing for school but he has been an active part in training so I was just curious. Thanks again :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back