Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne, media or both are IMO misinterpreting it because it would be because he & his partner have a new born now and would like to be around family. So not "really" homesick which actually makes it look bad for Kozzy in a way. A bit disingenuous.

If it's true about the new born & family then they, as in Melbourne, should do it willingly and where ever he chooses state wise. Instead of the usual, they will do what ever they can to make it "comfortable" for him.. I read one bloke literally state just pay for their plane flights every week for 2 days 🤦 like... it's a newborn child you imbecile.. you wouldn't be flying weekly twice with a newborn.

Think in years prior Kozzy hasn't been firm or up front and potentially just told what he should do by management & Melbourne.. if it's truly what he wants to do he now needs to state it firmly and have his family network support him.
Flipside to all this, a Victorian club player would see their kids more than an interstate team would (especially WA teams with the flying they do every second week).

I thought Warner was 90% chance of leaving…. Good luck solving TPP when adding two guns and re-signing brayshaw!!

No chance you can restructure TPP and still afford Warner on $1.3m a year, so I hope you sign both!!
Move on Taberner Colyer Brodie. Walters and fyfe within the next few years. Can easily resign Bradshaw and afford Warner. Maybe it was Twomey but someone at the start of the year said how much cap room we actually have spare.

We arent sitting around with a couple of bucks left in our salary cap.

Has Kosi even requested a trade? Reporting so far has suggested he's told the club he's homesick, and wouldn't mind going to WA, but I reckon he only gets there if he puts a bit more pressure on.

It’s not even that certain. No one is even sure if he prefers WA over SA.

Strongest was from an Adelaide journo that “if” he prefers “WA”, “it is understood” he wants Freo.

Which makes enough sense.

Obviously Melbourne may be in a position to offer him more money, he may actually want to come to SA, or his manager has said say you prefer Freo because West Coast can offer you double the coin (super unlikely)

Strongest was from an Adelaide journo that “if” he prefers “WA”, “it is understood” he wants Freo.
No, it's "if" he asks for a trade "it is understood" he wants freo. It's only a matter of whether he requests a trade or not.

Obviously Melbourne may be in a position to offer him more money, he may actually want to come to SA, or his manager has said say you prefer Freo because West Coast can offer you double the coin (super unlikely)

Let's be real, I personally wouldn't out it past managers and even with the clubs involvement, to push certain clubs and/or scenarios so it becomes a bidding war. Does it help Kozzy? Not 100% no. Especially if he, as an example, wants to goto SA and Port specifically but the club want a better deal and not really what is best for him. As for the managers, well, they'll play ball more so for the club IMO.. it's a "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine" situation.

I thought Warner was 90% chance of leaving…. Good luck solving TPP when adding two guns and re-signing brayshaw!!

No chance you can restructure TPP and still afford Warner on $1.3m a year, so I hope you sign both!!
I’ve already said that if we get Bolton and Pickett, happy for Warner to stay until free agency.

It was tongue in cheek.

But let’s say we can afford Bolton and Pickett. (Considering we were looking at adding LMac & Warner, this seems reasonable)

Next year walters and Fyfe retire freeing up 8-900k

Brayshaw is already on the books and paid very well.

So we need to find $100k-ish?

Guess we can replace JOM with a rookie

What a lot of these drooling fremantle supporters here keep neglecting to say is, Kysaiah was born in SA and lived there, he moved to WA where he does have family as well. Both sides, mum WA and dad SA, he was with his, what he refers to as, his old mum, which is Byron's (his uncle) sister and she helped raise and guide Kozzy and moved him to SA later on to be with Byron for his future in school but more predominantly, footy and at Port. People need to realise that the families like pickett, Rioli etc etc have families, relations etc in pretty much SA, NT and WA primarily. I would honestly believe that yes, he DOES have relatives as in cousins, niece's, nephews, aunts, uncles etc etc in WA .. BUT he has a family network and LINKS to SA... and Port more specifically.

Whether it happens or not that he requests a trade especially now that Kozzy and his partner have had a child is up to them but, there's always been more speculation through out the years that he'd be at Port in SA.

But keep on fantasising freo fans 👍 love to know how you'd plan on keeping all these players with a salary cap 😂
I'm still drooling get over it buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve already said that if we get Bolton and Pickett, happy for Warner to stay until free agency.

It was tongue in cheek.

But let’s say we can afford Bolton and Pickett. (Considering we were looking at adding LMac & Warner, this seems reasonable)

Next year walters and Fyfe retire freeing up 8-900k

Brayshaw is already on the books and paid very well.

So we need to find $100k-ish?

Guess we can replace JOM with a rookie

You may be able to afford it but that is dreamland AFL economics.

West Coast and Essendon are the only clubs without auto increases due to CBA. So the extra $2M is already gone for you. So you actually need to find probably $1.75M this year, and then $1.3M the year after just for Warner, not including whatever players have auto increases for hitting games, years, and renegotiations.

West Coast and Essendon are the only clubs without auto increases due to CBA. So the extra $2M is already gone for you. So you actually need to find probably $1.75M this year, and then $1.3M the year after just for Warner, not including whatever players have auto increases for hitting games, years, and renegotiations.
Can I grab a copy of Freo's books real quick? I'd love to have a look.

Luckily Longmuir has said he will let Warner be for now. His contract ends 2026 and 2027 the CBA ends so we can offer him a contract based off a new agreement. It's also a staggered increase of wages hitting its peak in 2027 so you can base player contracts off of that.

We have space right now to offer Bolton and Brayshaw deals, why would the club in the middle of being nominated by Bolton and Pickett sign Sturt up if they were worried about $$? Brayshaws extension would be money onto anyway, it's not like we need an extra million for him he's already got a base contract figure to top up when he signs on.

“It is understood” is code for I am making this out or taking a guess.

Luckily Longmuir has said he will let Warner be for now. His contract ends 2026 and 2027 the CBA ends so we can offer him a contract based off a new agreement. It's also a staggered increase of wages hitting its peak in 2027 so you can base player contracts off of that.

We have space right now to offer Bolton and Brayshaw deals, why would the club in the middle of being nominated by Bolton and Pickett sign Sturt up if they were worried about $$? Brayshaws extension would be money onto anyway, it's not like we need an extra million for him he's already got a base contract figure to top up when he signs on.

Obviously your conversations with Sturt were well developed before Pickett got cold feet at Dees.

You also just have Bailey Banfield two years which maybe wouldn’t have happened?

Brayshaw extra may be a little extra over his average, but he may have been front loaded, meaning it’s a lot more this year than last. Could also be the opposite of course, being good for you.

My guess is some players will be offloaded. Not saying that’s a bad thing.

Yeah, there’s a million and one variables.

For all we know the players are paid in pearls.

But for a quick back of the envelope exercise, it’s possible. Difficult, unlikely, but possible

Yeah, there’s a million and one variables.

For all we know the players are paid in pearls.

But for a quick back of the envelope exercise, it’s possible. Difficult, unlikely, but possible

Ha. Well the contracts are standard form across clubs. I’d assume there is a clause that states that payment can be in monetary form only (or words to that effect).

Which makes Brent Harvey winning the car in the club raffle even dodgier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back