Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

We've done some stupid things in the past, effectively passing on Kozzie Pickett would be the highest level of stupid I can imagine
They've been working on Bolton for months though and would need to make sure they can get that deal done. I reckon Freo will try to get the Bolton deal done early now so they have enough time to negotiate something with Melbourne for Pickett.

Kinda similar to what we did when bringing in both Taranto and Hopper, but with a higher difficulty level because you're having to deal with two different clubs and both players are contracted.

We've done some stupid things in the past, effectively passing on Kozzie Pickett would be the highest level of stupid I can imagine
you realise Pickett is contracted right? He's going nowhere. To pry him out he'd cost an absolute arm and a leg. Pick 10 and 27 isn't close. He was Pick 9 himself and has blown his value through the water. Plus entering his prime.

I don't give a ------- if it costs up all of our 3 first rounders this year and our first next year. Just get both Bolton and Pickett in for next year.

It being complicated shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

They've been working on Bolton for months though and would need to make sure they can get that deal done. I reckon Freo will try to get the Bolton deal done early now so they have enough time to negotiate something with Melbourne for Pickett.

Kinda similar to what we did when bringing in both Taranto and Hopper, but with a higher difficulty level because you're having to deal with two different clubs and both players are contracted.
We have enough to get both done assuming Tigers and Dee's aren't REAL difficult about it (and that is their right as contracted). Between 4 1sts, an earlyish 2nd and a few decent steak knives Vic kids, there's shouldn't really be a reason we can't work it out.

Last edited:
you realise Pickett is contracted right? He's going nowhere. To pry him out he'd cost an absolute arm and a leg. Pick 10 and 27 isn't close. He was Pick 9 himself and has blown his value through the water. Plus entering his prime.

Not helping facilitate a trade for Pickett who has good reasons for leaving whilst simultaneously letting a grumpy Petracca go to a "big Melbourne team" just shows the culture problem your club has right now if what you say becomes true

We have 4 first rounders in play. 2 firsts for Bolton and two for Pickett.

It can happen Dannnnnnnn

Probably thought they would have only 3 late 1st rounders as well months ago, now they have 2 top 10 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not helping facilitate a trade for Pickett who has good reasons for leaving whilst simultaneously letting a grumpy Petracca go to a "big Melbourne team" just shows the culture problem your club has right now if what you say becomes true
lol. just like Sydney not letting Papley go? Or dees not letting Petty go when he wanted to go to Adelaide and then he signed an extension this year. Kozzie loves the Melbourne Footy Club, he just doesn't like the Melbourne city.

I don't give a ------- if it costs up all of our 3 first rounders this year and our first next year. Just get both Bolton and Pickett in for next year.

It being complicated shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

I would expect Freo would want 2nd Rounders from Richmond and Melbourne if they are offering two 1sts for both?

Pick 10, a future 1st and a steaknives kid is as big a haul for a small forward as ever seen. I am fully aware we would need to pay a massive price

Pick 10, a future 1st and a steaknives kid is as big a haul for a small forward as ever seen. I am fully aware we would need to pay a massive price
Explaining Come On GIF

We have enough to get both done assuming Tigers and Dee's aren't REAL difficult about it (and that is there right as contracted). Between 4 1sts, an earlyish 2nd and a few decent steak knives Vic kids, there's shouldn't really be a reason we can't work it out.
Have to find the right balance I guess, otherwise there's a risk that they end up with neither.

Most don't agree with me, but I think it's going to take 9 and 10 for Richmond to give up Bolton. Do the Dees accept 17 and a future first for Pickett? I'm not sure.

Clearly that'd be a horrible problem to have

Absolutely

It feels surreal and may not happen anyway so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

As a foundation member of freo and having never experienced a premiership I just don't believe all this will happen. It would land us as a genuine premiership threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back