Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've thought you would try to keep that future first for a potential Chad Warner deal next year
If we were Carlton maybe, but that salary cap would be tight if we land both Bolton and Pickett. I suspect the club will need to choose between Bolton/Pickett or Bolton/Warner. It's a very tough choice but if Pickett requests to Fremantle you have just got to get it done I guess. Curious on what other people think?

Why do players sign contracts for multiple years and then request a trade a year into it?

Yes Melbourne are clearly a clusterf*ck culture-wise, but that should have been clear to their players before this past season, surely?

So to sum up who Fremantle are getting this year:
Shai Bolton
Kysaiah Pickett
Jack Martin
Joe Richards
Liam Baker
Chad Warner

Who we're losing:
Matt Taberner

Seems like a good deal.

Because high profile players get so much better at freo ?
What?

It was in response to Shai is better than Pickett.

He's got a few extra preseasons on him, I think Pickett will catch him in time.

Hence "So Far"

No idea what you're on about buddy

If we were Carlton maybe, but that salary cap would be tight if we land both Bolton and Pickett. I suspect the club will need to choose between Bolton/Pickett or Bolton/Warner. It's a very tough choice but if Pickett requests to Fremantle you have just got to get it done I guess. Curious on what other people think?
Warner and Pickett please
Warner can swap with young on half fwd flank

Can't believe I'm sitting here seeing people say Bolton/Pickett are worth 2 first rounders while also being told Tom Barrass is barely worth 1 1st. Truly strange times we're living in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will dees let him walk or will they hold him and petracca hostage?
Provided they get the picks from either WA clubs then Melbourne will trade him which is why Fremantle is his choice and why he said what he said in his exit interview. I can't see West Coast giving up pick 3 for him, if they do then Melbourne will trade him there.

Unfortunately one trade will influence the other which could either be a very good thing or a bad thing for Freo.
E.g. we get Bolton early for a decent price which we can use in our arguments for Kozzie, or equally we get fleeced by one club and the other club want to paid the same. I want them both but it's a dangerous trade period considering they are very similar players...

Can't believe I'm sitting here seeing people say Bolton/Pickett are worth 2 first rounders while also being told Tom Barrass is barely worth 1 1st. Truly strange times we're living in.

If Barrass was 23-25 like those two he'd definitely be worth 2 first rounders like Jake Lever was, however given his age and injury history a 1st and 2nd is a very good offer.

Has Kosi even requested a trade? Reporting so far has suggested he's told the club he's homesick, and wouldn't mind going to WA, but I reckon he only gets there if he puts a bit more pressure on.

Melbourne, media or both are IMO misinterpreting it because it would be because he & his partner have a new born now and would like to be around family. So not "really" homesick which actually makes it look bad for Kozzy in a way. A bit disingenuous.

If it's true about the new born & family then they, as in Melbourne, should do it willingly and where ever he chooses state wise. Instead of the usual, they will do what ever they can to make it "comfortable" for him.. I read one bloke literally state just pay for their plane flights every week for 2 days 🤦 like... it's a newborn child you imbecile.. you wouldn't be flying weekly twice with a newborn.

Think in years prior Kozzy hasn't been firm or up front and potentially just told what he should do by management & Melbourne.. if it's truly what he wants to do he now needs to state it firmly and have his family network support him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back