News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to move on from this proposed trade and get those SA clubs involved for some pick swaps to secure Lobb and maybe Hoges. Lachie can stay.

Or sitting out a season

I call bullshit on that one. If Neale was going home to SA I perhaps wouldn't dismiss it but he's going for money and a new adventure. He needs to keep his value high which he can't do by sitting out a year (arguably could be signed for a LOT cheaper than what is reported by doing that). He has to keep playing.

It's simple economics: Neale gets us 5 or so next year under free agent compensation. His Value next year is pick 5. To shift him a year early would require more value to be added to the transaction.

Last edited:
Maybe with a future second chucked in

Not enough. If we're playing hardball - play hardball. This year's first and next year's first or we keep him. Quite frankly, his influence and support for a developing midfield for the next year (along with Fyfe and Mundy) could be priceless. It's in your court Brisbane.

Time to move on from this proposed trade and get those SA clubs involved for some pick swaps to secure Lobb and maybe Hoges. Lachie can stay.

100% agree, Lachie wants to play out this year if a trade cant be done and i dont see us losing anything by keeping him this year, and who knows he might change his mind and end us staying!

It's annoying seeing all these other teams having their trades going ahead while Brisbane are being ridiculous and stalling ours. I have accepted Lachie will be going, and have been saving all of my loose change to send him. Brisbane were ridiculous doing a deal that gave them even worse picks. You don't take a team's B&F for next to nothing! we are giving them an incredibly experienced player for what?!?

I call bullshit on that one. If Neale was going home to SA I perhaps wouldn't dismiss it but he's going for money and a new adventure. He needs to keep his value high which he can't do by sitting out a year (arguably could be signed for a LOT cheaper than what is reported by doing that). He has to keep playing.

It's simple economics: Neale gets us 5 or so next year under free agent compensation. His Value next year is pick 5. To shift him a year early would require more value to be added to the transaction.

Do we need someone bitter playing for us who will also go about poisoning the minds of our younger players? I am sure we have all seen in play out in our own working environments.

Do we need someone bitter playing for us who will also go about poisoning the minds of our younger players? I am sure we have all seen in play out in our own working environments.

That's an assumption you're making to suit your narrative. Who's to say that Lachie will not be the consummate professional and be as dedicated as he has ever been next year? It's in his best interests. We've all had disappointments in life where opportunities didn't pan out as we had hoped. My betting is if it doesn't work out for this trade period Lachie will be TTHD this preseason and with a fit Fyfe alongside him be tearing it up come round one. Then again...that's suiting my narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an assumption you're making to suit your narrative. Who's to say that Lachie will not be the consummate professional and be as dedicated as he has ever been next year? It's in his best interests. We've all had disappointments in life where opportunities didn't pan out as we had hoped. My betting is if it doesn't work out for this trade period Lachie will be TTHD this preseason and with a fit Fyfe alongside him be tearing it up come round one. Then again...that's suiting my narrative.

I guess the reports saying he is frustrated with Freo? why blame us when their offer is so ridiculous?

"Star midfielder Lachie Neale has become “extremely frustrated” with Fremantle as the reason behind the Dockers and Brisbane’s trade impasse is revealed."

I reckon Brisbane may have picked all those third round picks from GC for us - we need points. So picks 5, 32, 41 and 44.

We dont need points for guys that we are going to draft in the rookie draft....

If we aren't getting Hogan we can be really tough on the Lachie deal. 22 wasn't enough for me to give up Neale a year early. 32 is miles off. 2 first rounders with a future 2nd going back has to be what we're aiming for.

But Hogan’s shift to Perth is complicated by Rory Lobb’s desire to be traded to Fremantle.

Lobb’s passage home to Perth would involve the mid-teens pick the Dockers want from the Lions as part of the Neale deal.

mid teens is a bit overs for Lobb if we are going to also pick up his 700k pay package (which is why GWS want to offload him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back