Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to Brown?, gee, that's funny, the first time we played the Saints Roo played on Presti and did his hammy before HT, he did nothing the next time we met and Brown destroyed him in the finals (as in both GFs), try again.

so, the guy played 13 games in 2010, yeah, that's what you want to see from a 31 yr old potential recruit, we shouldve offered you a first rounder, and told our young premiership FB that he might have to play 2s for a couple of years while we make room for tazza, we wouldn't mind you going elsewhere though because we now have a 31 yr old FB coming off an injury prone season, yeah!!

Truth is, I have no real idea of when it was, but I do remember the commentators saying that Brown was looking forward to going head-to-head with Riewoldt to make up for him doing a job on him previously. I don't know when that would've been, but I'm sure they were talking about it before and during the first GF. May have been caught out here, but I'm sure I wasn't imagining it. Could've been a Zac Dawson type incident (got belted once and everyone remembers it years down the track).

Dunno. Fair to call me on it, but I sure as hell didn't imagine it.

As for the response re: Taz, and pushing Mitch Brown out of the team. The argument wasn't about the long term best interest of the team. It was whether Taz would squeeze into your best 22. Whether that is having him as your first choice full back, or as a stopper on the opposition's most dangerous forward, small or tall. Haven't seen him play much this year, but the last two years he was definitely good enough.

And having him as backup for Brown wouldn't be a bad thing, as he and his brother have both had problems with injury over the past few years. Who else have you got as a genuine stopper of tall forwards if he went down, apart from Reid?

Understand your point, but the smart a*se response re: first rounder and telling Brown to bugger off for a year or two was over the top.

He screwed us by saying he wanted a trade to Collingwood or he was going to walk. Which sh*ts many of us Freo supporters off, because we'd have got a hell of a lot more for him from Carlton or Hawthorn. Don't think for a minute that Mick would've been happy for Taz to walk to them, because imagine how much more of a threat they'd have been with him bolstering their dodgy backlines.

That's life and it's all done now, but the thing that sh*ts me is Collingwood supporters underselling Taz and saying you'd all only bother finding a place for him if he was on minimum wage is crap. You have a point re: Brown. But you're on crack if if you thought Taz was genuinely only worth pick 55.

You honestly need to stop talking about things you know nothing about, Presti played on Roo that night, just like every other time we played them when presty was fit.

If that really is the case, I am truelly surprised that Presti had the ability to go with Riewoldt around the ground.

But yeah, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm willing to take a Collingwood suporters recolection of the game over mine, while I was OS.

So anyway, back to how we should pay overs for Neon Leon because he is decent at rebounding.

If that really is the case, I am truelly surprised that Presti had the ability to go with Riewoldt around the ground.

But yeah, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm willing to take a Collingwood suporters recolection of the game over mine, while I was OS.

So anyway, back to how we should pay overs for Neon Leon because he is decent at rebounding.

From what I can remember Presti didn't bother trying to go with Riewoldt. The way he played him was to let him take his marks out on the wing, and well up the ground, but then picked him back up as soon as it got within about 60 or so out from goal.

Truth is, I have no real idea of when it was, but I do remember the commentators saying that Brown was looking forward to going head-to-head with Riewoldt to make up for him doing a job on him previously. I don't know when that would've been, but I'm sure they were talking about it before and during the first GF. May have been caught out here, but I'm sure I wasn't imagining it. Could've been a Zac Dawson type incident (got belted once and everyone remembers it years down the track).

Dunno. Fair to call me on it, but I sure as hell didn't imagine it.

As for the response re: Taz, and pushing Mitch Brown out of the team. The argument wasn't about the long term best interest of the team. It was whether Taz would squeeze into your best 22. Whether that is having him as your first choice full back, or as a stopper on the opposition's most dangerous forward, small or tall. Haven't seen him play much this year, but the last two years he was definitely good enough.

And having him as backup for Brown wouldn't be a bad thing, as he and his brother have both had problems with injury over the past few years. Who else have you got as a genuine stopper of tall forwards if he went down, apart from Reid?

Understand your point, but the smart a*se response re: first rounder and telling Brown to bugger off for a year or two was over the top.

He screwed us by saying he wanted a trade to Collingwood or he was going to walk. Which sh*ts many of us Freo supporters off, because we'd have got a hell of a lot more for him from Carlton or Hawthorn. Don't think for a minute that Mick would've been happy for Taz to walk to them, because imagine how much more of a threat they'd have been with him bolstering their dodgy backlines.

That's life and it's all done now, but the thing that sh*ts me is Collingwood supporters underselling Taz and saying you'd all only bother finding a place for him if he was on minimum wage is crap. You have a point re: Brown. But you're on crack if if you thought Taz was genuinely only worth pick 55.

Taz wouldn't get a game in our backline as a small defender, that would mean Brown would be our FB and Brown's pretty much a stopper (like Taz) and doesn't provide a lot of run from defense, i'm not sure we'd use 2 pure stoppers, then you have to ask who would he replace?, Taz is good on some small fwds but i wouldn't play him over a BJ/Tooves/Shaw in that role especialy considering the run we would lose.

Not saying that browns a better defender than Taz either, clearly Taz wouldve been the better bet this year (if Brown didn't get injured), but as a list managment/development thing i doubt we wouldve played Taz ahead of Brown and risked Brown becoming disenchanted and pissing off to WS.

L .Brown, Keefe and Jack wouldve been our back up Key backs, then we have players who can pinch hit with Harry and Maxy although you obviously wouldnt like to rely on those 2 for very long.

so, the guy played 13 games in 2010, yeah, that's what you want to see from a 31 yr old potential recruit

Does that mean Barlow is injury prone or perhaps he was just one of the unlucky ones that gets injured playing footy. I think Tarrant playing 18 games this season has shown that he isn't injury prone but just unlucky last year. Also Tarrant isn't even 31 now.

we shouldve offered you a first rounder, and told our young half back that he might have to play 2s for a couple of years while we make room for Leon, we wouldn't mind you going elsewhere though because we now have a 31 yr old half back with a questionable finals record.

Can you now see how your devaluation of Tarrant has weakened your original position on Davis?

From what I can remember Presti didn't bother trying to go with Riewoldt. The way he played him was to let him take his marks out on the wing, and well up the ground, but then picked him back up as soon as it got within about 60 or so out from goal.

Pretty much.

Does that mean Barlow is injury prone or perhaps he was just one of the unlucky ones that gets injured playing footy. I think Tarrant playing 18 games this season has shown that he isn't injury prone but just unlucky last year. Also Tarrant isn't even 31 now.

Can you now see how your devaluation of Tarrant has weakened your original position on Davis?

As i said, it was what he was worth to us at the time, we had plenty of KB talent with Reid/Brown/L. Brown/Keefe/ and Jack, we were lucky Taz chose us and i know you couldve got more on the open market, but that's just the way it goes, we were never going to pay much for a 30 year old player who at the start of the year wasn't in our best 22 in apostion we pretty much had covered, but the way it turned out we lost Jack as a direct result of the Taz trade so in reality we paid pick 55 and Jack for Taz, also, don't give up on Jack, he will make a very good KB, he was originally recruited as a defender and only played fwd for us out of need.

Compared to a 30 yr old AA BP who will stroll into your 22 and would be every chance to be AA again next year (i'm obviously assuming Davis will be AA this year, pretty much a lock now IMO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As i said, it was what he was worth to us at the time, we had plenty of KB talent with Reid/Brown/L. Brown/Keefe/ and Jack, we were lucky Taz chose us and i know you couldve got more on the open market, but that's just the way it goes, we were never going to pay much for a 30 year old player who at the start of the year wasn't in our best 22 in apostion we pretty much had covered, but the way it turned out we lost Jack as a direct result of the Taz trade so in reality we paid pick 55 and Jack for Taz, also, don't give up on Jack, he will make a very good KB, he was originally recruited as a defender and only played fwd for us out of need.

Compared to a 30 yr old AA BP who will stroll into your 22 and would be every chance to be AA again next year (i'm obviously assuming Davis will be AA this year, pretty much a lock now IMO)

Look mate, you have me convinced. Not gonna throw you someone rubbish like Hinkley. We'll trade you some Schammertime for Neon Leon (just as good as a first round pick, don't get me started on his positive locker room effect and how he was voted funniest guy at the club 5 years in a row before Kepler came along).

Yes. I craft my genius in a less than 5 seconds per post.

Is there a word longer than six letters that you can spell? Shit, I even spelled gainful correctly in my post, and you had to throw on another 'l'. Wilful stupidity.

it's people like you that are the problem with BF, self elected watch dogs of their boards who think they have the right to dictate what's right and wrong, i was having a civilised conversation with a few people on your board until you came in and decided this thread wasn't worthy, i have not been disrespectful (see, 1 L, happy?) at all, if you don't like a thread, don't read it!!

I for one welcome vistitors to our board, not sure how you get off coming across the way you do.

it's people like you that are the problem with BF, self elected watch dogs of their boards who think they have the right to dictate what's right and wrong, i was having a civilised conversation with a few people on your board until you came in and decided this thread wasn't worthy, i have not been disrespectful (see, 1 L, happy?) at all, if you don't like a thread, don't read it!!

I for one welcome vistitors to our board, not sure how you get off coming across the way you do.

That's great for you, but so much of the main board has become a cesspit of revisionist history peddled by Collingwood fans, that its malignant influence must be stopped when it starts to spread to other parts of Bigfooty.

Tarrant 'washed up'? Please. He's a key position player at effectively the same age as Davis, who had restarted his career playing a much more difficult role than Davis, yet apparently he was worth little, and Davis is worth more.

I apologise for having no tolerance for utter bullshit.

That's great for you, but so much of the main board has become a cesspit of revisionist history peddled by Collingwood fans, that its malignant influence must be stopped when it starts to spread to other parts of Bigfooty.

Tarrant 'washed up'? Please. He's a key position player at effectively the same age as Davis, who had restarted his career playing a much more difficult role than Davis, yet apparently he was worth little, and Davis is worth more.

I apologise for having no tolerance for utter bullshit.

A 30 yr old who played 13 games in 2010, many would think injurys were catching up with him, especially considering he played the majority of his career in the hardest position on the ground, most CHFs are well and truely washed up by 30.

Point is you're only as good as your last year when you're that age, IMO.

A 30 yr old who played 13 games in 2010, many would think injurys were catching up with him, especially considering he played the majority of his career in the hardest position on the ground, most CHFs are well and truely washed up by 30.

Your opinion is noted, wrong, but noted.

Re-stating it constantly ain't going to work around these parts - as we watched him play in 2010 and sorry I will back my judgement.

I would politely say your question has been answered - what would we give for Leon? ......very little. Taz > Leon in our eyes.

Unless you are going to bring some new material, let's just say noted in Hansard and be careful or we will let Clay off his chain.

What Moo said. You're clearly doing your best to sell Leon's value to us but it's just not needed or wanted.

You say Taz was worthless because he's 'injury prone' and played 13 games & is in his 30's? He only played 13 games last year because Embley is a sniper and took to Taz's knee and took Taz out in the 2nd derby last season, otherwise he'd have been in AA calculations last year also.

You're going on about how Taz wouldn't have been guaranteed a spot in your team because he'd push out a youngster but Davis would.. blah blah blah. Well look where Taz is and has been all year - in your 22. Go figure.. Do you think that maybe it's a two way street and that we'd be best served playing a youngster in the same role rather than a guy looking to come home and sure up his superannuation? Roger Hayden plays the exact same role, we don't need him.

What Moo said. You're clearly doing your best to sell Leon's value to us but it's just not needed or wanted.

You say Taz was worthless because he's 'injury prone' and played 13 games & is in his 30's? He only played 13 games last year because Embley is a sniper and took to Taz's knee and took Taz out in the 2nd derby last season, otherwise he'd have been in AA calculations last year also.

You're going on about how Taz wouldn't have been guaranteed a spot in your team because he'd push out a youngster but Davis would.. blah blah blah. Well look where Taz is and has been all year - in your 22. Go figure.. Do you think that maybe it's a two way street and that we'd be best served playing a youngster in the same role rather than a guy looking to come home and sure up his superannuation? Roger Hayden plays the exact same role, we don't need him.

Not sure what this has to do with Taz anyway, i certainly didn't bring it up and never said he was worthless, i just pointed out their was a perception he was passed it and when you're that age you're only as good as your last year, especialy on the trade table, if we knew then what we know now Taz wouldve been worth a close to a first rounder to us , but i'm sure you can understand why we wern't willing to pay top dollar at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back