Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly we should offer Crowley a contract extension rather than trying to poach Davis.

Watching him kick tonight was like a work of art, surely we would do better in picking up Davis next year than retaining Hayden either.

Can also play the small forward role.

Given its a shallow draft, trading a 3rd round draft pick wouldn't be out of the question rather than PSD, especially if we are looking to upgrade Lower and pick up some mature age rookies.

Plus if we picked him up for just the one year it would be perfect timing for the 2012 draft.

Wtf is going on, is this real life?

Just a guess but ......

You're not real clever are you?

lol massive self facepalm. That's what happens when you have multiple windows going on at the same time trying to post.

Still as you guys saw last night, if he goes, he would provide pretty good service at a bargain basement price.

He'd be wasted playing in the WAFL when he still has quallity AFL footy left in him.

Don't worry mate - I've nearly carded people thinking they were on our board only to discover it was the Bay.

lol- the thread through me off because it was started by a Collingwood poster (the dsitributer- who I don't agree with on this whole "what is Davis worth" thing) and since I had windows going on from our board I thought I was responding to Freo people over there. :eek:

As I said, he'd be of good quality and you'd be getting him for virtually free.

On another note, (whilst not the Jack Anthony thread), he looked quite comfortable as a key back last night. Best game for your club.

I agree that the Taz trade was not a great success for Freo although Mzungu shows promise.
Leon will probably be a victim of the salary cap restrictions so may be available.
The question is do you need him? Does he fill a gap? Do you want WCE to get him?

I don't expect a second round pick but what value do you guys place on him?

Our third rounder. And if that wasn't enough I'd rather we tried to pick him up in the PSD.

I understand the position your list is in (though I feel Freo fans get a bit defeatist at times re: this).

What I'm saying is that he's not purely a "cherry-on-top" player. His best ever B&F result was 2008, when we finished with 12 wins and 10 losses. He's one of the best body-on-body smalls in the league, yet opposition supporters view him as some sort of Jordan McMahon clone.

You'd be getting him for free, he'd be playing for near minimum salary...there's just very little downside for a guy that's finished top 10 in the B&F for Collingwood 4 out of 5 years now.

I agree that he'd contribute. Third round draft pick. Or later.

If the Pies asked more, we'd try to grab him in the PSD.

I think he's a good player and does satisfy a need. But, he'd have to be prepared to play a bit of time in the WAFL if we wanted to play someone else in that spot. And would have to accept a reasonable salary.

If all of those boxes were ticked, I'd love him to be here. If any of them weren't, then not interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Leon wants to play for us next year , Davis can say I want to play for FREO if you pick me I'll just retire.

I would be all for it if he costs us next to nothing pick wise.

How many picks in the PSD do we have?

So if Leon wants to play for us next year , Davis can say I want to play for FREO if you pick me I'll just retire.

I would be all for it if he costs us next to nothing pick wise.

How many picks in the PSD do we have?

My mobile Plan could handle whatever costs we should incur. I'll go down to the Club and leave it on the counter.

While I'm OK to grab him PSD, we are also apparently interested in Dawson and Ray. I'm not sure our list can support picking up all 3 of them at this point. Hopefully the chooks will take Farren before us.

While I'm OK to grab him PSD, we are also apparently interested in Dawson and Ray. I'm not sure our list can support picking up all 3 of them at this point. Hopefully the chooks will take Farren before us.

If the club are interested in more than one, then Im guessing one will have to nominate for the draft.

davis is better than the other two by the length of albany highway. It would go something like neon in perth, ray in albany, dawson in antarctica!!! Hopefully dawson went on an end of season trip to west africa to train with some silver backs and never comes back. He will be doing the football world a favour!

We should get Leon Davis in the PSD because:

- we need a replacement for the retired Roger Hayden
- we need to draft and develop a small defender, having davis will allow the kid to develop and also have someone to help him
- may even allow someone like Suban or Ibboston to play midfield
- it will cost us virtually nothing, therefore it's not much of a risk

Don't get Dawson, with St Kilda's gameplan it doesn't matter who they have playing that role.

Also would like to point out that our premiership window has only got a few years left, get FEVOLA! it's no risk because we can get him as a rookie and if he stuffs up drop him. Fact of life Fev can win us a premiership, although I highly doubt that we will get him.

Would be happy with Davis for nix in the PSD.

This guy, however, please NO THANKS!!! :eek:

Geez, he gives me the creeps!
Don't rate him much as a player or as a photographer either ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back