Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what this has to do with Taz anyway, i certainly didn't bring it up and never said he was worthless, i just pointed out their was a perception he was passed it and when you're that age you're only as good as your last year, especialy on the trade table, if we knew then what we know now Taz wouldve been worth a close to a first rounder to us , but i'm sure you can understand why we wern't willing to pay top dollar at the time.

Of course. No team will pay more than they have to. We copped the sharp end of the stick that time.

I'm not sure who had the perception that Taz was past it. If you'd watched Taz play in 2009 and 2010 then you'd know he wasn't past it. As Nickos said, regardless of what the supporters thought of Taz, Collingwood's recruiters and coaching team would have known they had a gold nugget going cheap. So they paid bugger all, which is what everyone else would have done if they could.

Understand that some Pies supporters may now have a revised opinion of Taz's worth (can see he's in the outside-chance column nominated for AA selection by quite a few posters on your own boards), which is good.

Understand there are some parallels between the Leon and Taz situation. But unless we were trading pick 55 for Leon, I'd think we're paying too much. We do have cover for that position (Suban, Broughton, Hayden). I do think Leon could contribute to the position, but I'm not confident we could get the best out of him, especially if we had to leave him in the WAFL for chunks of the season to play some up-and-comers in his spots.

So for what Collingwood will be chasing in return for him, and what he'll want as a salary, nope. If (by some amazing stroke of luck) all they wanted was pick 55, all he only wanted was a small contract and he was happy with spending some time in the WAFL, then I'm all for making it happen. But that won't happen. So it won't happen.

I agree that the Taz trade was not a great success for Freo although Mzungu shows promise.
Leon will probably be a victim of the salary cap restrictions so may be available.
The question is do you need him? Does he fill a gap? Do you want WCE to get him?

I don't expect a second round pick but what value do you guys place on him?

If Davis wanted to go home, we wouldn't stand in his way. In fact, we would show him the respect he deserves and do it all in good faith.

If he does go, (retirement or one of the WA clubs), hopefully we can send him out with a bang.

Yes I'm sure they'll pay heaps when they've got Hurn and Ash Smith already...

If there's a bigger flogger around I don't know about it

so you think the reigning (which he will be) AA HB/BP wouldn't be in the Eagles best 22?, he is also an AA FP as of 2 years ago, if you want to find a bigger flogger than me, simply look in the mirror.

on the other hand, if Pav wanted to go home, he would be worth 3 first rounders right? lol

Eagles second rounder or your 3rd rounder should get the job done for leon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so you think the reigning (which he will be) AA HB/BP wouldn't be in the Eagles best 22?

The Eagles rarely trade for players. Certainly not players north of 30. It's written into their constitution or something.

You're really exposing your cluelessness on this matter. If he comes back to WA and plays at all, it will be for next to nothing.

so you think the reigning (which he will be) AA HB/BP wouldn't be in the Eagles best 22?, he is also an AA FP as of 2 years ago, if you want to find a bigger flogger than me, simply look in the mirror.

on the other hand, if Pav wanted to go home, he would be worth 3 first rounders right? lol

Eagles second rounder or your 3rd rounder should get the job done for leon.

Look if you want carry on like an idiot chimp feel free.

Sure we'll all give that sort of stuff for a guy who will be 31 next year...I'm sure.

The fact you'd even put Pav and Leon in the same sentence makes my lol.

Now run along, there's a good boy :thumbsu:

The Eagles rarely trade for players. Certainly not players north of 30. It's written into their constitution or something.

You're really exposing your cluelessness on this matter. If he comes back to WA and plays at all, it will be for next to nothing.

And how rare is it that a current AA player wants to returm home to their backyard? i think you'll find they'll be intersted mate, as will you, you'd be stupid not to be, do you think Pav would create a bit of interest if he returned home?, not trying to compare the 2 players or anything, just making a point.

Pav is around 5 months younger BTW.

And how rare is it that a current AA player wants to returm home to their backyard?

So what? You obviously know very little about West Coast. Unless their hand is forced or there is a reasonable deal coming their way that satisfies a need, they don't participate in trades.

They don't need Davis. There is little in it for them.

So what? You obviously know very little about West Coast. Unless their hand is forced or there is a reasonable deal coming their way that satisfies a need, they don't participate in trades.

They don't need Davis. There is little in it for them.

He's a required player on our list going fwd, the form he's in i wouldn't begrudge the club giving him a 2 year deal (seeing he's on our vets list), our list>>>both Perth teams lists, not being a smartass but that's a fact, if he can add to our team he can certainly add to either of yours, not sure if it's your blind bias corrupting you or not, luckily for you clubs dont show bias on the trade table. :D

Leon wil be the same age as Taz when he came back to us.

Good for him. He can stay there.

My bet: Eagles won't offer anything, other than a token effort.

He may very well pick your club, he'll probably choose the team he's most likely to be a regular player and show his leadership qualitys, if that's the case i hope we give him to you as a thank you for the whole Taz debarcle, which we clearly did quite well out of.

Love to him him have a good finals series, still a box he needs to tick.

Pick 37ish has far more value to us than Davis will for the next 2 years.

I can't see West Coast making much of a play for Davis let alone for their 2nd rounder, so the most I can see us offering is pick 55ish and if West Coast aren't interested we'll be happy to go the PSD

Going by the article he is prepared to play WAFL just to move back here. I can see us offering our last pick in the ND or pick him up for free in the PSD. I think Collingwood have less influence on this one then we did with the Tarrant trade.

Please stop running the same crap debate here.

Oh come on Moo, can't you keep him here? Saves me dealing with him. :)

As for Davis, I could do without him. Looks good in a good team, but with more attention he'll just go back to his usual self.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back