Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh come on Moo, can't you keep him here? Saves me dealing with him. :)

As for Davis, I could do without him. Looks good in a good team, but with more attention he'll just go back to his usual self.

Come on mate, i'm the only sane person on your board :D, alright alright, i'm going.

Will be back tommorow night though. :p

Going by the article he is prepared to play WAFL just to move back here. I can see us offering our last pick in the ND or pick him up for free in the PSD. I think Collingwood have less influence on this one then we did with the Tarrant trade.

Pretty much right. Similar to what Geelong did for Steven King.

I do think a few in here are underestimating how much Davis could offer though.

Pretty much right. Similar to what Geelong did for Steven King.

I do think a few in here are underestimating how much Davis could offer though.

I think the Collingwood supporters lack the understanding of the position our list is in. The cherry on top is of no use to us at the moment, unless we are making a Sh*t Sundae.

If Davis wanted to go home, we wouldn't stand in his way. In fact, we would show him the respect he deserves and do it all in good faith.

Is that the same respect he was shown when he was dropped for the prelim and then again for the GF replay?

I think the Collingwood supporters lack the understanding of the position our list is in. The cherry on top is of no use to us at the moment, unless we are making a Sh*t Sundae.

I understand the position your list is in (though I feel Freo fans get a bit defeatist at times re: this).

What I'm saying is that he's not purely a "cherry-on-top" player. His best ever B&F result was 2008, when we finished with 12 wins and 10 losses. He's one of the best body-on-body smalls in the league, yet opposition supporters view him as some sort of Jordan McMahon clone.

You'd be getting him for free, he'd be playing for near minimum salary...there's just very little downside for a guy that's finished top 10 in the B&F for Collingwood 4 out of 5 years now.

I would be shocked if Davis finished his AFL career playing with either West Coast or Freo, unless he was free.

IMO both clubs have little need for him as a 30yr old.

You realise he's odds on for the AA BP spot don't you?, he's been awesome down back for us this year, one on one work has been outstanding and his run from defense has been very very good, elite skills, great reflexes etc, has 2 very good years left IMO.

After the SHAFTING that you and Taz served us up for that trade do you REALLY think that we are going to be bending over backwards to help you? If you are lucky you will get a 4th round pick from us. Most likely Pre Season draft pick number 1.

Bear in mind that you got the best Full back in the AFL for a 3rd rounder. You can seriously take a running jump in the lake!:thumbsdown:

You'd be getting him for free, he'd be playing for near minimum salary...there's just very little downside for a guy that's finished top 10 in the B&F for Collingwood 4 out of 5 years now.

There's the clincher for me. If it's the right price (free) I would happily add him to our list. However, your fellow Collingwood supporter (the muppet) is suggesting a ridiculous price for him.

After the SHAFTING that you and Taz served us up for that trade do you REALLY think that we are going to be bending over backwards to help you? If you are lucky you will get a 4th round pick from us. Most likely Pre Season draft pick number 1.

Bear in mind that you got the best Full back in the AFL for a 3rd rounder. You can seriously take a running jump in the lake!:thumbsdown:

lol still holding sour grapes. We don't expect help nor do we need it. Now if you are going to continue having a whinge and sook about the Tarrant saga take it over to your board.

Is that the same respect he was shown when he was dropped for the prelim and then again for the GF replay?

His form determined whether he stayed in the team or not and last season his form and his body didn't stand up when it mattered. Has nothing to do with respect, come finals, you pick the best 22 available based on form. He unfortunately was the 23rd man.

As I said, the club has stood by Leon for over a decade. If his wish is to go home, it will be granted. He has given us terrific service. We will not cry foul like Freo over Tarrant and whinge that you got bent over in terms of compo.

If Davis wants to go home, it will be for compassionate reasons, just like Tarrant's. They will be honoured if that's what he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol still holding sour grapes. We don't expect help nor do we need it. Now if you are going to continue having a whinge and sook about the Tarrant saga take it over to your board.

BC3-1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back