Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the last line

Off the Record asked Port if it could speak to Day on his appointment to the board and his experience in China, but was told that Chairman David Koch was the sole spokesperson for the club’s Board — Simeon Thomas-Wilson

Maybe Chairman Koch has spent too much time in China?

Day didn't call in the receivers. One of the major secured creditors (Oaklands) called in the receivers.

But its interesting how the article paints the picture of Day being the one who killed the investment company. Ignoring that all the problems occured before he was appointed Chairman.
Ok my poor wording. He was talking to US hedge fund Oaktree Capital Management, who officially called in the receivers. He knew the firm couldn't be saved after the previous management had burnt through all the cash of a capital raising a couple of years earlier, and then a loan from Oaktree and others.

He might not have officially pulled the trigger, but he didn't try and stop the trigger being pulled, because unlike others, he had nothing to lose, and he wasn't responsible for the diabolical loses.

How much do people here feel voss has impacted SPP development? He has been on the list for 3 years and has arguably regressed as a player, despite doing extensive work outside of the club with Boak.

Really need voss moved on and bring in a solid development coach to mentor Peps and other guys like Marshall if we are to get the best out of them

He might not have officially pulled the trigger, but he didn't try and stop the trigger being pulled, because unlike others, he had nothing to lose, and he wasn't responsible for the diabolical loses.
All of which is mysteriously missing from Simeon's article that insinuates the collapse was under his watch.

How much do people here feel voss has impacted SPP development? He has been on the list for 3 years and has arguably regressed as a player, despite doing extensive work outside of the club with Boak.

Really need voss moved on and bring in a solid development coach to mentor Peps and other guys like Marshall if we are to get the best out of them
Voss has nothing to do with him this year

All of which is mysteriously missing from Simeon's article that insinuates the collapse was under his watch.
That would require doing some work and real analysis to understand things correctly.

This was the opening couple sentences in the previous Chairman's Report in the 2017/2018 Annual Report.

The 2018 financial year has been an ‘annus horribilis’ for Blue Sky. Our financial result has been dreadful, our reputation has been materially diminished and market sentiment has collapsed. Notwithstanding this, we have maintained the confidence and support of our institutional investor clients and our team......

In 2017/18 they raised $100m in a share issue, but lost $77m before a tax credit for their operating loss meant a net loss of $67.5m after revenue was slashed by almost 60%. Their share price hit $13.99 in mid January 2018, the share issue was in March 2018, share price of $11.50.

When Andrew was announced as executive chairman with a new CEO to be appointed in 2019, in mid November 2018, the share price was $0.995. A 93% collapse in share price in 10 months.

I have an idea.

Lets build a 50 bed hostel at our home base for which we have extremely limited space for football facilities, while our football facilities and pub/club fall into literal disrepair.

JUST DOOO ITTTT

Just released on news.com, that initially got my attention for about 2 seconds.

David Koch dead ....at 79.
Reportedly fourth richest person in USA by all accounts.
Billionaire who donated to the republicans party.

Different David Koch apparently.

Trump once said, "I never sought his support because I don't need his money or bad ideas"

With our David Koch, we never sought his support either.
However, we need his money, but like Trump, not his bad ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian media has spiralled so far downhill in the last 20 years.

Propaganda journalism, misleading headlines - anything to sell a story.

We used to poke shit at the UK tabloids, US bigotry and now our media has becomes this.

The animated world of Razor Ray’s that it is has become.

No wonder Millennials don’t give a shit.

I have an idea.

Lets build a 50 bed hostel at our home base for which we have extremely limited space for football facilities, while our football facilities and pub/club fall into literal disrepair.

JUST DOOO ITTTT

Question, who would be employed to maintain the accommodation? Is this going to be more expenses out of our pocket?

We might be able to get assistance to build it but I doubt government will cover the cleaning lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, who would be employed to maintain the accommodation? Is this going to be more expenses out of our pocket?

We might be able to get assistance to build it but I doubt government will cover the cleaning lady.

Good morning, Kevin.

I have an idea.

JUST DOOO ITTTT

I’m hoping it drags out and is quietly shelved.

It’s so far beyond the scope of an AFL club I’m shocked it survived the first email exchange.

I have an idea.

JUST DOOO ITTTT

Just a horrible idea. Monumentally bad.

But this has all the fingerprints of our illustrious President all over it.

'Forget about the state of our footy, look how woke we are".

The government wouldn't cover the whole lot of the building costs anyway. It scares me that the club would remotely consider undertaking such a huge commitment which is essentially a pet project of one club employee. So insanely irresponsible.

Australian media has spiralled so far downhill in the last 20 years.

Propaganda journalism, misleading headlines - anything to sell a story.

We used to poke s**t at the UK tabloids, US bigotry and now our media has becomes this.

The animated world of Razor Ray’s that it is has become.

No wonder Millennials don’t give a s**t.

I almost feel the need to wash my hands after visiting any of the Limited News sites. Very tacky.

I’m hoping it drags out and is quietly shelved.

It’s so far beyond the scope of an AFL club I’m shocked it survived the first email exchange.

So you're saying you don't want to make the community proud? It's why we exist. PrEmIeRsHiPs ArE tOo HaRd.

So you're saying you don't want to make the community proud? It's why we exist. PrEmIeRsHiPs ArE tOo HaRd.

If anything, it’s a perfect microcosm of the thought processes of the post-2014 clusterfudge.

Like poverty-stricken hicks from a landlocked state who win the lottery and promptly buy a fleet of jetskis.

Pump the ****ing brakes and nourish your core business you imbeciles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back