Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically the stereotypical SA brand ad, you can imagine the same blueprint used for a Fielders or San Remo or Foodland probably same slogan too. at least it's better than St. Kilda's

basically the stereotypical SA brand ad, you can imagine the same blueprint used for a Fielders or San Remo or Foodland probably same slogan too. at least it's better than St. Kilda's

At least we are better than St Kilda probably would have been a more truthful tagline to conclude with.

We exist to win premierships but don’t hold us to a number because Ken works in mysterious ways

[TRUE BLUE FUGGIN' AUSSIE DIGGER VOICE]: "It's not whether you win or lose, it's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯™"

You don't need a team of superstars to win the flag - have a look at the teams to win it over the last few years. Having an 18 team competiton has resulted in every club having these sorts of players but it doesnt have to mean they can never compete for the biggest prize. I mean, we're talking premierships here, but we can't even win a final in 4 years and it's not because of Jake Neade and Sam Gray.

Mmmm.

Given George Horlin-Smith and the clanking ghosts of Castle Cattery sauntered into our place and destroyed us for the 14th time in 15 games(?), we're probably beyond scapegoating the 18-25 ranked guys on the list.

Mmmm.

Given George Horlin-Smith and the clanking ghosts of Castle Cattery sauntered into our place and destroyed us for the 14th time in 15 games(?), we're probably beyond scapegoating the 18-25 ranked guys on the list.

Would you pick up George James-Lomax-Smith-Horlin if it meant not giving up much, and if it meant he wouldn't pop up playing for Carlton as they hold us scoreless and he kicks 3 in a quarter?

They should play that voice over clip over a 240p highlight reel of Byron Pickett big hits and running goals it would be heaps more sick hey

It probably would be, actually.

Our membership video should be a 10 hour loop of John Butcher's 2015 goal against Fremantle.

That John Butcher hugging in space jpeg just fading into the distance like this:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the video at all.

Honestly, I can't imagine any single video the club could do right now to get us feeling all stoked though.

As a group we are (acceptably) disgruntled with a lot, so really unless the video was of Ken packing up his possessions to be replaced and then it ended with a shot of Lance Franklin and Dustin Martin being all "im coming home, to Port adelaide!!1!" while Margot Robbie slowly danced naked to the Never Tear Us Apart none of us would actually be happy. Even then it's a stretch.

Showing all the clips of hard Port Adelaide football through the years and a promise it will return interjected with never tear us apart and lots of attitude that led to us entering the AFL.

Look familiar? And throughout the video we claim to be unique.

All said with a foreign accent when the Liverpool accent is one of the most recognisable English accent in The world.

It’s almost word for ****ing word.

Look familiar? And throughout the video we claim to be unique.

Right down to the, "for the first time, for the hundredth time".

I wonder if anyone passed it off as original content because at least I'm invested in that plot.

**** me we almost copied that word for word. I actually liked the video at first, but now it just looks like a complete copycat move.

Yeah - i'm gonna spread some awareness about this. Deserves to be ridiculed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back