Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean McKenzie and Lienert not so much, and Watts I’m not sure about 1v1, but the rest absolutely.

Let’s be honest none of them are up to it 1v1 on the big boys. Howard was questionable too, but he’s uniquely skilled (relative to our list) with his reach and speed. No matter how you cut it he’s a loss.

I reckon Howard looks absolutely amazing when he’s on, and when he takes a big mark or whatever it just looks incredibly impressive.

Compare him to Jonas who just makes everything look easy and simple, but clearly isn’t as “talented” (I don’t super like this word).

In the end I don’t think it will be difficult to replace Howard in the next 3-5 years. And if we actually use a high draft pick on a KPD (x doubt) then we could easily get someone better.

Let’s be honest none of them are up to it 1v1 on the big boys. Howard was questionable too, but he’s uniquely skilled (relative to our list) with his reach and speed. No matter how you cut it he’s a loss.
Howard has the physical attributes for sure, I just don’t think his actual output will ever surpass the likes of Jonas and Clurey.

I honestly think Ryan Burton is a much better prospect at CHB.

Howard has the physical attributes for sure, I just don’t think his actual output will ever surpass the likes of Jonas and Clurey.

I honestly think Ryan Burton is a much better prospect at CHB.

Not physical enough IMO. Burton plays smaller than his size in the way Jonas plays bigger. I just don’t think CHB is his game.

Not physical enough IMO. Burton plays smaller than his size in the way Jonas plays bigger. I just don’t think CHB is his game.
Burton has matched well occasionally on biggish forwards historically (Tex the Texan) I guess. But I don't see him as a true key defender (nor any of that list I put up earlier unless it's playing for the Maggies)

Burton has matched well occasionally on biggish forwards historically (Tex the Texan) I guess. But I don't see him as a true key defender (nor any of that list I put up earlier unless it's playing for the Maggies)
I’m hoping he can become similar to Luke Hodge.

I’m not sure he has the leadership qualities and ridiculous will to win, but I sure hope he develops them.

I reckon Howard looks absolutely amazing when he’s on, and when he takes a big mark or whatever it just looks incredibly impressive. ...
At only 23 years old a still developing Howard could be inconsistent. Film at eleven.

Hinkley, who has blamed the youf for his failure to make finals this season, couldn't be fecked persisting with a player who only five months ago he declared was a future leader of the club.

Someone posted that Howard had to go because he wouldn't play the way Hinkley wanted him to play. Once again we see a talented young player forced out of the club because of Hinkley's inability to coach them. Maybe these players are uncoachable.

At only 23 years old a still developing Howard could be inconsistent. Film at eleven.

Hinkley, who has blamed the youf for his failure to make finals this season, couldn't be fecked persisting with a player who only five months ago he declared was a future leader of the club.

Someone posted that Howard had to go because he wouldn't play the way Hinkley wanted him to play. Once again we see a talented young player forced out of the club because of Hinkley's inability to coach them. Maybe these players are uncoachable.
We've had awful bad luck with all the uncoachable players we've recruited over the last 7 years :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Our strategy is to keep the ball permanently parked in our forward line to prevent the opposition forwards getting shots at goal.
Kicking goals ourselves compromises this as the ball is returned to the centre, so we need to keep our own scoring to an absolute minimum. Ideally about 1 goal a quarter, scored deep in red time (preferably on or after the siren).

Genuine KPDs not required for this plan.
Ah this is starting to make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Howard looks absolutely amazing when he’s on, and when he takes a big mark or whatever it just looks incredibly impressive.

Compare him to Jonas who just makes everything look easy and simple, but clearly isn’t as “talented” (I don’t super like this word).

In the end I don’t think it will be difficult to replace Howard in the next 3-5 years. And if we actually use a high draft pick on a KPD (x doubt) then we could easily get someone better.
Yeah those highlights videos the Saints are posting about Dougal made me want to sob so I hope you are right.

Sunday Mail starting the Club narrative that they are rebuilding, going for youth, and Ken has a mountain of work to do to lead this group of inexperienced tiny toddlers to glory and is on a hiding to nothing.

Even a mid table finish again would be seen as a triumph against adversity, and ensure a few more years of mediocrity contract extension for old mate from the Chairman.

What a guy!

We’re obviously rebuilding, but won’t communicate this to members. Sup wit dat?

Fans don't demand it! I demand we don't so we can't start afresh ASAP!

Trading 23 year old Dougal Howard while re-signing Westhoff, Sutcliffe and McKenzie is is not a 'long term approach' you stupid ****ing campaigners

Sunday Mail starting the Club narrative that they are rebuilding, going for youth, and Ken has a mountain of work to do to lead this group of inexperienced tiny toddlers to glory and is on a hiding to nothing.

Even a mid table finish again would be seen as a triumph against adversity, and ensure a few more years of mediocrity contract extension for old mate from the Chairman.

What a guy!

They are managing the expectations beautifully. Ken will go from under pressure one finals campaign in six years for no wins who has burned a top 4 list to a heroic self sacrificing guy doing the hard yards for the best interests of the future that shouldn't be held accountable for burning a top 4 list.

Is everyone in the media industury so gullible?

Apparently so.

It is impressive the way the club and their media sycophants can twist the narrative to try and convince us of poor Ken is doing the best he can with a young squad when he is actively getting rid of younger players we have been developing.

It is actually batshit crazy when the reality is right there for us to see. This is why Alyx's work is so important. We can't let the bastards keep writing their propaganda unchallenged.

They are managing the expectations beautifully. Ken will go from under pressure one finals campaign in six years for no wins who has burned a top 4 list to a heroic self sacrificing guy doing the hard yards for the best interests of the future that shouldn't be held accountable for burning a top 4 list.

Is everyone in the media industury so gullible?

Apparently so.

In 10 years from now, Ken will eventually make a finals campaign, and the Club will say "See. We told you he was a great coach. You just needed to have kept the faith in someone at the top of his game. You bunch of ungrateful naysayers".

It's astounding how you can trade out a 2 x All Australian in the prime (theoretically) of his career and receive only praise for it.

Especially when one of the famed trio was a natural draft pick, so we would’ve had one of Butters/Duursma regardless of the Polec/Wingard shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back