Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci on the Port website

"And in a season that has one clear-cut front runner (Sydney) and more than a handful of would-be contenders, it is surprising that so many opinions have already emphatically dismissed Port Adelaide"

Why is it surprising when commentators are finally stating the bleeding obvious?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"And in a season that has one clear-cut front runner (Sydney) and more than a handful of would-be contenders, it is surprising that so many opinions have already emphatically dismissed Port Adelaide"

Why is it surprising when commentators are finally stating the bleeding obvious?

The article has now been edited after being highlighted on Media Watch.

"And in a season that has one clear-cut front runner (Sydney) and more than a handful of would-be contenders, it is surprising that so many opinions who aren't paid club shills, have already rightly dismissed Port Adelaide"

Ports own fans dismiss Port Adelaide lol

Lol

It's almost like, unlike many of the other contenders, port have a decade of exposed form of failing in important games

Post-season retrospective on how we've done well to finish 9th dropping when?

How nice is it to have a weekend not having to sit through 3 hours of hinkleyball and disappointment
You don't actually 'have' to sit through it the other weekends either. I've only watched about half our games this year.

B*stards. I was at that game and the report was a farce. Umpires came from everywhere to report Dave for a fair bump. I think some drove over from other grounds just to report him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry was able to give that idea a run later in the year

Funny that Harry didn't raise this issue after the 77 grand final. Tim Evans getting coward punched 100 metres behind play after kicking 6 goals before half time would have been the right time to first raise the issue I would have thought

Funny that Harry didn't raise this issue after the 77 grand final. Tim Evans getting coward punched 100 metres behind play after kicking 6 goals before half time would have been the right time to first raise the issue I would have thought
Or the filthy sniping from Esteemed SA businessman Scot Salisbury.

Our win/loss numbers to date are a complete furphy! Its not about the numbers, its about the form getting there! Compare our form to Hawthorn's at the moment - It's not a stretch to come to the conclusion that they might actually finish the season with more wins than us. Their form leading up to this point is that much better!

Our forwards look disjointed & are inconsistent. Our backs are still gelling together, as are our mids. Our team defense is non-existent, and our depth is the same old discards that have failed to kick on, yet Ken keeps going back to that same dry well, time & time again, refusing to play the news boys on the list. On top of that, our game plan has been well-and-truly worked out by the two ex-Port coaches in Nicks & Voss, and is being copied by other teams.

Chris Davies might think we are well set up for the second half of the season, but he is delusional! In reality, we look like a team and club held together with sticky tape! Make no mistake, we have the cattle to compete in finals, but our coaching game plan, selections, and just about everything off-field, is just full of holes!

But hey ... "We are continuing to learn." - K Hinkley

Our win/loss numbers to date are a complete furphy! Its not about the numbers, its about the form getting there! Compare our form to Hawthorn's at the moment - It's not a stretch to come to the conclusion that they might actually finish the season with more wins than us. Their form leading up to this point is that much better!

Our forwards look disjointed & are inconsistent. Our backs are still gelling together, as are our mids. Our team defense is non-existent, and our depth is the same old discards that have failed to kick on, yet Ken keeps going back to that same dry well, time & time again, refusing to play the news boys on the list. On top of that, our game plan has been well-and-truly worked out by the two ex-Port coaches in Nicks & Voss, and is being copied by other teams.

Chris Davies might think we are well set up for the second half of the season, but he is delusional! In reality, we look like a team and club held together with sticky tape! Make no mistake, we have the cattle to compete in finals, but our coaching game plan, selections, and just about everything off-field, is just full of holes!

But hey ... "We are continuing to learn." - K Hinkley

If hawthorn’s form is so much better than us why did they lose to us when we only played one decent quarter?

I get 4th probably flatters us but it’s one of those really even seasons besides one front running team like 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If hawthorn’s form is so much better than us why did they lose to us when we only played one decent quarter?

I get 4th probably flatters us but it’s one of those really even seasons besides one front running team like 2007.

It was our home game. For most teams that's actually an advantage.

Not to mention State icon, Studley Cornes, who decked little Kimmy Kinnear off the ball in the '77 GF.

And tried to rough up Jack Spry on the half time siren - but came off 2nd best :cool:
Closest thing I’ve seen to a death by strangulation! If only big Jack Spry held his grip on Stud for 5 more seconds,reckon he could have pegged out!

What? Have you actually watched any of their games? Their form is miles ahead of Port's! Mitchell has them playing with structure. Their game-plan stacks up, and they are playing as a team ... for each other.

Your argument is just so stupid, in that they beat us comprehensively for 3 quarters, yet because the young side had a wobble in the last quarter, you somehow imply Port had better form? Some twisted logic. On paper, Port should have won that easily. The fact we were able to claw back a win, gives us very little brownie points. The following weeks they have continued with their good form, while Port has continued with it's inconsistent pus!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back