Rumour Stuey Dew returning to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

S Dew won more games than any other Coach at the Suns, and was run under the bus by the GCS board.
Hardwick has only done slightly better in his honeymoon period.

Btw Rodney Eade was far worse than S Dew.
Eade and Dew were both terrible.

2018 - 4/18
2019 - 3/19
2020 - 5/11
2021 - 7/15
2022 - 10/12
2023 - 7/9

What do you want me to do with piling steam of crapola?

I don't know Stu personally, but I know 1 of his best mates. He wants to come to the club but there are 2 main obstacles:
  1. He's enjoyed being in the GC out of the AFL fishbowl environment and isn't sure about returning to the spotlight of an AFL mad city

2. Sydney are keen on him too, so has to weigh that up. They're in a similar position with Longmire / Cox as we are with Ken / Carr - both clubs have snr coaches with an approaching expiry date and an heir-apparent already anointed. I don't think Stu has snr coach aspirations right now, but he'd be keeping an eye on where he'd have more seniority (i.e. where there'll be a change in the coaching position first)

The assistants have come and gone throughout the years but the gameplan has forever stayed the same. That is not a coincidence. This is entirely a Hinkley thing.

Carr will have the structure set up differently to Ken particularly around their defensive work. Both Carr and Goldsack come from the Buckley coaching tree (in Carr's case, via Justin Longmuir), so you can expect the defensive setups to be more akin to the current Fremantle system which is notoriously hard to score against.
I still remember in 2013 an analysis on our defensive system on AFL360. There was a traffic light and there was only green lights on it. The messaging was along the lines of 'Port Adelaide attack to defend. There's only attack (go) and attack even harder (go again)." Which has effectively described our defensive setup for his entire tenure. Which is we don't have one.

We strictly rely on our offensive weapons which work really well against the terrible teams and sometimes against the good sides either in a nail-biter or when they're having an off-day.

I for one am looking forward to an AFL standard defensive structure.

Kenny to be appointed director of coaching.
Carr to senior coach
Dew to senior assistant and midfield coach
Sick Jason Jones GIF by The Detour

Kenny director of coaching is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stuey Dew returning to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back