Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The one handed pickup on the wing .. šŸ« šŸ« 
Even overthinking dermis was lost for words

I've been doing this footy thing for a while not as long as some of you old campaigners ..

But JHF would be in the top 10 AFL port players already?

Robbie.
GWT
Primus.
Wanganeen.
Burgoyne. S
Burgoyne. P
Lade.
Butters.
Schulz.
Cornes. C
Ollie.

Think he's in the conversation once he's consistently delivering.

The one handed pickup on the wing .. šŸ« šŸ« 
Even overthinking dermis was lost for words

I've been doing this footy thing for a while not as long as some of you old campaigners ..

But JHF would be in the top 10 AFL port players already?
Top tier;
Primus
Tredrea
R.Gray
S.Burgoyne
C.Cornes
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
Next tier;
Francou
Lade
P.Burgoyne
Wines
Wanganeen
Wingard
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
Potential to join these
JHF
Butters
Rozee
Houston
Boak

Pretty harsh on Boak no? He's absolutely in that next tier. 3 AAs, 2BnFs.
I guess itā€™s harsh on Kane Cornes also? 2xAA nods and 4x B&Fsā€¦ itā€™s ok to be a good player at a particular point in time, but like Anil Kumble, if you play/bowl enough your statistics will look ok eventually.

I would argue Pickett is stiff not to be in there, Schultz, a few others. Everything is subjective.

No kidding, the disrespect on Boak.

He's the best midfielder in our AFL era or second to Robbie if you're counting him
Youā€™re drunk, Shaun Burgoyne, Francou, Carr were all better than Boak, would argue JHF and Butters better than Boak, and thatā€™s without putting any thought into it. Again, Boak has been good, probably suffers from being played in the high half forward role for to long in my mind.

No kidding, the disrespect on Boak.

He's the best midfielder in our AFL era or second to Robbie if you're counting him
Who is the better Port Adelaide player, Travis Boak or Craig Bradley? If you were picking a greatest ever team and 21 blokes selected and this is your last selectionā€¦ ?

Travis isnā€™t even the best looking captain in our AFL era.

Some of you are either too young or losing your marbles.

Youā€™re drunk, Shaun Burgoyne, Francou, Carr were all better than Boak, would argue JHF and Butters better than Boak, and thatā€™s without putting any thought into it. Again, Boak has been good, probably suffers from being played in the high half forward role for to long in my mind.
I think boaks best holds up against all 3 of those, and his case to be included is strengthened by his longevity at the club. He is still a solid contributor now even if well past his best.

Butters and jhf have the potential to be next level again though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think boaks best holds up against all 3 of those, and his case to be included is strengthened by his longevity at the club. He is still a solid contributor now even if well past his best.

Butters and jhf have the potential to be next level again though.
Burgoyne was the best player in the comp in ā€˜07, Francou two top three Brownlow finishes and Carr is criminally under rated, what hurts his legacy is the departure to Freo at the peak of his powers.

Boak has and was very good, but Boaks best =/= the best of these three. These players changed our team structure.
Unfortunately boaks skills do let him down. Still a great player.
Absolutely and in time his contribution will grow, you can be a club great or great player, doesnā€™t make you a champion or in the clubs best 10 of the AFL era.

If he can play 3 finals and average 20 and a goal and win a flag, he enters the conversation.

Burgoyne was the best player in the comp in ā€˜07, Francou two top three Brownlow finishes and Carr is criminally under rated, what hurts his legacy is the departure to Freo at the peak of his powers.

Boak has and was very good, but Boaks best =/= the best of these three. These players changed our team structure.

Absolutely and in time his contribution will grow, you can be a club great or great player, doesnā€™t make you a champion or in the clubs best 10 of the AFL era.

If he can play 3 finals and average 20 and a goal and win a flag, he enters the conversation.
Boakā€™s skills are no worse than francouā€™s were and he has a 2nd, a 4th and a 7th in the Brownlow count. Is also our all time leading vote getter, so was no slouch in that regard either. Boak has more all Australians than Burgoyne, even though Burgoyne best with us was very good. I donā€™t think Carr is even in the same conversation as him either, despite his premiership and record in showdowns.

Boakā€™s skills are no worse than francouā€™s were and he has a 2nd, a 4th and a 7th in the Brownlow count. Is also our all time leading vote getter, so was no slouch in that regard either. Boak has more all Australians than Burgoyne, even though Burgoyne best with us was very good. I donā€™t think Carr is even in the same conversation as him either, despite his premiership and record in showdowns.
Watch his 6th game or whatever on Voss at the Gabba, he could go to the best player in the opposition and completely lock them up while getting 25 of his own. He was the best of Boak combined with the best of Cornes.

Shaun Burgoyne wasn't better than Boak. He had a couple of very good seasons playing midfield for us and then spent the rest of his career swanning around the half backline with Hawthorn playing bruise free footy. Francou was a better extractor but didn't have much outside run. I don't think Carr was better at all.

Boak: 3xAA, 2xB&F
Francou, S.Burgoyne and Carr combined: 2xAA, 0xB&F

Butters and JHF are absolutely more talented than Boak but it's early days for them both.

Who is the better Port Adelaide player, Travis Boak or Craig Bradley? If you were picking a greatest ever team and 21 blokes selected and this is your last selectionā€¦ ?

Bradley.

But Boak over Carr, Burgoyne or Francou and it's not particularly close.

Josh Carr zero AA's, zero B&F's, 9 career Brownlow votes.

Travis Boak three AA's, two B&F's, 174 career Brownlow votes.

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen. Josh Carr doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Boak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back