Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL I love this quote ^

I'll make sure I think twice the next time I start comparing anyone to Matt Priddis. No one deserves the slap in the butt of being compared to his highness.
Watson is on a completely different level to Greenwood. All Brownlow medalists are deserving, whether Or not they are the best in the comp or not.

Watson is on a completely different level to Greenwood. All Brownlow medalists are deserving, whether Or not they are the best in the comp or not.
Possible but also naive.
He'll always be known as Matt 'The Brownlow Medalist And Best Player In The Comp But Simultaneously The Thirty-Second Best Player in the Comp' Priddis to me though.
You watch. It'll catch on. By the time the new year rolls around, everyone would be calling him that, maybe even his family.
The name pops....it just POPS.

I was told by someone at the club that Greenwood and North came to an agreement that if he wasn't given 10+ games this year, he would be allowed return to Adelaide. 22 games and a high BnF finish later, and he still might end up leaving...

Be interesting to see where he ends up. Port don't need him, Adelaide maybe. Most likely he stays in Melbourne though, probably for North.

I'd be gobsmacked if Greenwood wasn't at North next year. Surely they have to keep him. After so much tinkering over the past couple of seasons finally that midfield group clicked after May. He was a big part of that too, along with the recruitment of Dal Santo and Swallow getting his touch back. That ability to play Cunnington and Ziebell forward makes them so much more dangerous, while Greenwood just keeps grinding in the clinches.

The one good season argument doesn't wash with me either. Wasn't given a proper go at it before that and some players just take a while. And if you are a side with designs on a flag you cannot lose 25 year olds who are playing their best footy entering their prime ages. Not every player goes on with it, but you've gotta bank on that upward curve in development at that age.

Not surprised Collingwood are suitors either. He is exactly the type of player they have cried out for since 2011. A meat-axe, in and under, defensively minded midfielder.

Can't see him going the dogs. They have plenty of good young mids and he'd be just another one in the rotation but at the same time further away from success.

I can see him going to the Pies. Likely good money, great facilities, slots in to Beams' role as their second best midfield. If you believe in Buckley and believe in the kids Hine has drafted you'll probably end up with some talented team mates coming through over the next 24 months. Not convinced myself it will all go perfectly (Bucks might not be there to see it) nor that it will end in a premiership, but you'd feel like you're still going to a club that will have some success especially after the next year or two.

I'm not going to look up the stats either but I can't help but feel Greenwood is certainly more suited to playing at the MCG in weather on the soft ground than the hard deck in doors at Etihad.

Probably hoping he stays at North, but can understand the allure of Collingwood if they are offering a longer and bigger deal.

Not surprised Collingwood are suitors either. He is exactly the type of player they have cried out for since 2011. A meat-axe, in and under, defensively minded midfielder.

This is his weakness. He was sent to the VFL to work on this. Levi is a see ball, get ball type of player. He went away to learn that there are times you don't go for the contest. He's better now but that is exactly the reason why he wasn't in the team.

You do realise that argument also works in reverse, yeah?

If you want to offer him so much... He must be worth something decent.
Heard of head hunting, poaching before? The poacher almost always have to pay a premium to pry someone away.

Heard of head hunting, poaching before? The poacher almost always have to pay a premium to pry someone away.

Just reinforcing what he said then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if greenwood stays which is still likely would you agree that this trade period has been a success for north melbourne?

Yep. Cost you nothing but some cap space for the two players. Didn't lose any required players and get to keep your draft picks. The counter argument is that "kids" don't get to play instead of Higgins/Waite but at a certain point the kids need to be good enough to push those players out of the team and how many years can "kids" be the answer.

If he does want to go, he only deserves to be traded to the dogs coz that's what he will be.

Yeah not sure I agree with that, North low balled his offer and held out for quiet a while, and when it looked like they were going to lose him came back with another offer that was still less than elsewhere was offering.

If another club wants him more and is willing to pay accordingly good on him.

Beams in a different stratosphere altogether. Why do u guys have such a complex?

No complex,
Bris say 4 is ok for Beams, Pies disagree.
Pies say 24 is good for Greenwood, North disagree.

4 and 24 are very different picks, significantly different statistically.

The stratoshpheres are being acknowledged, and just as Coll want a fair deal for Beams, North will want a fair deal for Levi. Why is that hard to understand.

Beams > 4
Levi > 24

Simple really.

Yep. Cost you nothing but some cap space for the two players. Didn't lose any required players and get to keep your draft picks. The counter argument is that "kids" don't get to play instead of Higgins/Waite but at a certain point the kids need to be good enough to push those players out of the team and how many years can "kids" be the answer.
I think Black and Adams got way too much of a run and the two coming in will ensure our bottom 6 players are stronger than this year. I have a feeling Waite will also be used in the back line.

No complex,

The stratoshpheres are being acknowledged, and just as Coll want a fair deal for Beams, North will want a fair deal for Levi. Why is that hard to understand.

Beams > 4
Levi > 24

Simple really.
I totally understand where you are coming from, but the guy is uncontracted. I doubt your club will just send him to PSD without getting decent compensation for him. Plus on the positive side you guys can contribute to a deal that will hurt Collingwood by getting Beams to Brisbane.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but the guy is uncontracted. I doubt your club will just send him to PSD without getting decent compensation for him. Plus on the positive side you guys can contribute to a deal that will hurt Collingwood by getting Beams to Brisbane.

Plenty of ifs.

Doubt Bris would let Beams slip through their fingers.
Doubt Pies would want Beams to just quit for next year.
Doubt Pies would want to piss of Beams who is out of contract and a FA next year.

I think if all clubs stop looking to win big and acknowledge the value of the players concerned it can be win/win/win.

No real need for North to assist Bris or Coll here, if Levi is the key to the Beams deal working Pies and Bris should be assisting North to make it happen.

No complex,

Beams > 4
Levi > 24

Simple really.
There is a problem with that scenario. One club officially stating they want more than pick 4. The other deal is not being discussed between club Chanels yet. So it's just Bigfooty nth supporters wanting more.
My view is you guys got a second rounder for HMac & he was a better prospect then Levi. Anyway the issue is if he chooses us, being out of contract, makes our case stronger. If he was contracted a different story.

Plenty of ifs.

Doubt Bris would let Beams slip through their fingers.
Doubt Pies would want Beams to just quit for next year.
Doubt Pies would want to piss of Beams who is out of contract and a FA next year.

I think if all clubs stop looking to win big and acknowledge the value of the players concerned it can be win/win/win.

No real need for North to assist Bris or Coll here, if Levi is the key to the Beams deal working Pies and Bris should be assisting North to make it happen.
Beams ain't a FA until end of 2016

Was a receiver in a very good side at the time. Greenwood wins his own ball. Grossly overrated was sharrod purely because he played for collingwood and was part of a premiership side. If wellingham is worth 17 then we have right to bring up a pick around the mark.

Wellingham was not a receiver. Don't let his pretty boy looks deceive you.

There is a problem with that scenario. One club officially stating they want more than pick 4. The other deal is not being discussed between club Chanels yet. So it's just Bigfooty nth supporters wanting more.
My view is you guys got a second rounder for HMac & he was a better prospect then Levi. Anyway the issue is if he chooses us, being out of contract, makes our case stronger. If he was contracted a different story.

Just so so wrong. HMac was barely playing, on a massive contract and had clearly fallen well behind Goldy as prefered ruck option.

North took a 2nd to get the deal done on the proviso Geel took the entire remaining contract of HMac.

Levi has had a good year, played well in finals and had a good B&F finish. Unfortunately he is one of many of that type at North. So a fair offer was put to him.

If the Pies want to step in with an over the top offer, which they are entitled to do, it would be irresponsible of North to put 1 player ahead of the club.

None of this diminishes what North think of Levi, nor does it diminish his trade value. The desperate need to replace Ball and Beams weakens the Pies position, compounded with the interest from the Bullies and Tigers, not to mention North is more than happy for him to stay.

Levi is welcome to nominate a preferred club, but thats no final destination if a deal cant be reached. Losing Beams, Lamumba, Ball, Maxwell has the Pies on the cusp of a great slide and further tarnish to Bucks ego.

20% of your best 22 has left, is it worth the squabble over an upgraded pick here and there to fill 1 of the vacancies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back