Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee mate, i never said 4th or 3rd. Been saying he is worth second and we should try and get you that if we can. Some of your fellow supporters want a first rounder!!!
You got a first rounder for wellinghack. And likely getting a very early second rounder for Prince Harry. I think we have right to argue that Levi is worth a first rounder even if at best a pick from 15-20.

Out of contract
1 good yr in 7 yrs in system
getting much better contract at another club

2nd round (24) seems about right

History shows us that second round selections usually don't work out.
North took Greenwood with a second round pick in 2007, put seven years into him, comes 2nd in their most recent B&F and they are just expected to trade him for another speculative second rounder that will (most likely) be hack?

A second round pick would be an absolute rip off for North.

No you wouldn't, you are posturing to suit your argument and you know it.

Dan Hannebery is comfortably worth a top 10 pick.

Any player that is uncontracted and wants out is worth considerably less, (or even wants out in general)
Of course if he didn't want out it would take an incredible offer to pry him from us.

But the scenario we are dealing with is of a player that would like to go elsewhere and is uncontracted, close enough to the mark is what you accept, or you simply lose them.

So Robbie is valued on his 2014 season while Levi isn't? How good does a season need to be before a player is worth that much? He came second in the best and fairest at a top four club, not sure why you think you should get a "played one good year" discount.

Robbie Gray was becoming a very good player before his horror knee injury in 2012. Showed some promise in his come back in the latter half of 2013. Exploded into an elite player this season.

Completely different situation.

Very good player for the pies through 2010/11. Lost the plot since.
Was a receiver in a very good side at the time. Greenwood wins his own ball. Grossly overrated was sharrod purely because he played for collingwood and was part of a premiership side. If wellingham is worth 17 then we have right to bring up a pick around the mark.

Was a receiver in a very good side at the time. Greenwood wins his own ball. Grossly overrated was sharrod purely because he played for collingwood and was part of a premiership side. If wellingham is worth 17 then we have right to bring up a pick around the mark.

24 is around the mark of 17...

Higgins over Greenwood, what were they thinking? :drunk:

Isn't an either or scenario, they have plenty of similar players to Greenwood, simply another team valuing Greenwood higher than they do.

History shows us that second round selections usually don't work out.
North took Greenwood with a second round pick in 2007, put seven years into him, comes 2nd in their most recent B&F and they are just expected to trade him for another speculative second rounder that will (most likely) be hack?

A second round pick would be an absolute rip off for North.

Well thats what happens when a player is out of contract, and are wanting to leave (better money from collingwood)
North dont have much of a hand to play, considering the circumstances (1 good yr in 7 yrs, out of contract, wanting to leave) pick 24 is about the best North can do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee. Lucky the blokes running Brisbane are smarter than that. You'll be coughing up more than pick 4 for Beamsy. You have seen him play, right?

Please actually read the thread first so you know what is being talked about.

The delusion from Collingwood supporters in this thread knows no bounds...
Can easily be said about your supporters. If he so valued by your club why not pay him what he wants?

"Levi Greenwood will announce his football future tomorrow. Away in Bali, will decide between North Melb, Coll & WBD. No offer from Richmond"

Source: @cleary_mitch

Don't start comparing Greenwood with a brownlow medalist.

At the same age - the stats are the same. Watson - like a lot of inside mids started slowly.

I would have thought Freo supporters would be the last team to put the Brownlow winners on a pedestal. You must be in awe of Priddis.

Greenwood is a good solid player.
Good clearance player.
But he has very poor foot skills.
He can't be that much of a star given Brad Scott preferred Liam Anthony in the seniors for part of last year.
Have another season like this and you might be considered better than a pick in the 20's.
He is as likely to back the season up as he is of going back to the VFL.

At the same age - the stats are the same. Watson - like a lot of inside mids started slowly.

I would have thought Freo supporters would be the last team to put the Brownlow winners on a pedestal. You must be in awe of Priddis.
This has nothing to do with my club, it has to do with Greenwood potentially raving and what he is worth.

Don't start comparing Greenwood with a brownlow medalist.
LOL I love this quote ^

I'll make sure I think twice the next time I start comparing anyone to Matt Priddis. No one deserves the slap in the butt of being compared to his highness.

I understand that the specifics are different, but you've gained two players at a decent currency at the expense of loosing Greenwood who was only 1 vote behind your best and fairest winner. Like Brisbane who finished 5th that year, their final ladder position didn't reflect there true ladder position. I feel NM think they are closer than they actually are. As you and others have said, they haven't given any picks up, but fundamentally I don't see how the acquiring of two average free agents at the expense of your second best player (2014) will help you going forward.
hDD73E3BA

Not "at the expense of..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back