Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I think if you took a poll of Tigers fans on who you'd rather keep out of Baker or Bolton 85% would choose Baker.
  1. Tough as F
  2. He can play back, mid, forward
  3. Hits the scoreboard
WCE fans wont be disappointed. They just need to nail pick 12.
Big if, they haven't nailed a pick around 12 for a very long time. Maybe they are due...

I think if you took a poll of Tigers fans on who you'd rather keep out of Baker or Bolton 85% would choose Baker.
  1. Tough as F
  3. Hits the scoreboard
But that's also because Bolton fetches more on the open market.

Driving home from work last night, I first heard this proposed trade on the radio, I nearly drove off the road!

This is quite incredible. West Coast (last few years aside) are a really well run club and generally make good decisions. They're a club I have respect for but this is a dead set shocker. Just desperation.

Clearly they want to improve quickly and it reeks of certain internal stakeholders wanting immediate results to save their jobs and deflect pressure away from themselves.

I feel for McQualter - only a three-year contract, he should of demanded a minimum of five-years.

I can see McQualter just be a 3 year stop gap for the next Eagles coach.

But Saying that, Carlton and Richmond made out like Bandits on this.

This is Gold Coast level stuff

And early years of Freo

It’s that bad
dockers trading of 1st round picks from 1994 to 2006 was bad.

Hell even from 1995 to 2006 the 1st round picks freo didnt trade we drafted average players and spuds anyway. Cant win either way.

1. Tough as F
  3. Hits the scoreboard

Definitely not. Bolton is the far superior player and it's not close

1. Tough as F
  3. Hits the scoreboard
Some richmond fans rated him higher than others.

I am not Saying Liam Baker is elite. He is a Solid B graded player. Bloke is only 170 cm. But I agree he can fill a spot on a forward flank, back flank or on a wing.

But that's also because Bolton fetches more on the open market.
Nah, I wanted to get rid of Bolton at the start of the year. Called a fool and all that but that tune has changed.

Bolton is not what we need because he can't play in a struggling side. Baker has more leadership and the type of player to lead by example. He is not skilled enough to fully turn games like a Dusty or that type but he has the tough acts that make you love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big if, they haven't nailed a pick around 12 for a very long time. Maybe they are due...
Yeah, WCE drafting and recruitment staff are prolific pick wasters.

Love to split or downgrade picks then absolutely flub the selection.

People allege it's a deep draft but you know what, WC 100% needs that top 5 pick not to **** things up. Serial overconfidence in their talent scouts.

Absolutely.

Yet the club isn't in financial trouble, it has fans and has a strong legacy.

So why the **** are they acting like complete amateurs or worse panicking like headless chooks?
Have the Eagles ever been this bad for this long?

Good idea buying that 2.2 million house last year with the price growth at 25 percent for 2024!
Probably made close on his wage while playing for the Tigers, while preparing to leave.

Bolton wouldnt of won us one game. He is a massive sock tease.
You're doing this wrong

secret smell GIF

no...

they did miss out on finals for 3 years in a row from 2008 to 2010.

But yeah no finals for 4 years in a row from 2021 onwards in this rebuild
Literally have one good player so far to show for it as well and the club better be offering half the real estate in Cottesloe and mineral rights to a future offshore natural gas expansion to try and keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back