Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

While I will blow the place up if they give 10 for Baker, the other spin on this is it's not 9 and 10 for Bolton
I highly doubt we are getting pick 10 for Baker. I just like to have a bit of a laugh at this whole process, same with Bolton. Obviously all 3 clubs involved have an idea what they want, shame none of us are privy to it.

I highly doubt we are getting pick 10 for Baker. I just like to have a bit of a laugh at this whole process, same with Bolton. Obviously all 3 clubs involved have an idea what they want, shame none of us are privy to it.
I've gone on a massive rant on the Freo board because being an accountant and all bout dat value, it's the one area of footy I get real ranty about but it's as much the hypocrisy as much as anything. The narrative on Baker vs Smith is typical, particularly when it comes to Geelong where the other team always just has to "take what it gets" compared to us where we seem to just pay whatever is asked.

Freo also have history of just being pathetic trading for out of contract players, the hardball rep is really only ever on losing contracted players. It's disgusting because Freo are stupid enough for it to be true.

I've gone on a massive rant on the Freo board because being an accountant and all bout dat value, it's the one area of footy I get real ranty about but it's as much the hypocrisy as much as anything. The narrative on Baker vs Smith is typical, particularly when it comes to Geelong where the other team always just has to "take what it gets" compared to us where we seem to just pay whatever is asked.

Freo also have history of just being pathetic trading for out of contract players, the hardball rep is really only ever on losing contracted players. It's disgusting because Freo are stupid enough for it to be true.

It does make you wonder, I'm not here to try and rip anyone off, I really hope the best deals can be done for both clubs.

Richmond have pick 1 in the PSD so the out-of-contract bargaining position is pretty futile

Richmond have pick 1 in the PSD so the out-of-contract bargaining position is pretty futile
It really doesnt matter, no one picks them back up and Geelong dont have a PSD pick before Dogs yet the narrative seems to be the "Dogs just have to accept it"

It really doesnt matter, no one picks them back up and Geelong dont have a PSD pick before Dogs yet the narrative seems to be the "Dogs just have to accept it"
Well if a trade between Geelong and Bulldogs fall over both teams lose out, whether as if a trade for baker falls over richmond are in position to keep the player.

Well if a trade between Geelong and Bulldogs fall over both teams lose out, whether as if a trade for baker falls over richmond are in position to keep the player.
Keep the player that has given great service and wants to move to finish his career and no longer invested? They arent picking him back up and there's not really any difference with Geelong.

I really don't agree Richmond having pick 1 PSD makes any difference to the bargaining position.

so you reckon freo didnt get the better end of the deal for jordan clark? who was drafted in the first round?

so you reckon freo didnt get the better end of the deal for jordan clark? who was drafted in the first round?
I reckon Geelong had him in the 2's and is a very rare case of your club mismanaging a player which resulted in someone getting fired. We paid more than fair as agreed with other reasonable Geelong posters at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Geelong had him in the 2's and is a very rare case of your club mismanaging a player which resulted in someone getting fired. We paid more than fair as agreed with other reasonable Geelong posters at the time.

I wouldnt call it "more than fair", geelong didnt want to let him go and if is what you saying geelong always get what they want. they probably could have gotten more than a pick 22 and a third for clark?

I wouldnt call it "more than fair", geelong didnt want to let him go and if is what you saying geelong always get what they want. they probably could have gotten more than a pick 22 and a third for clark?
You made us trade up like twice to improve the pick (which is difficult and expensive) and got basically exactly what you wanted for him in terms of trade, which was fine as he was contracted but you had him stuck in the 2s thanks to Scarlett. This is a completely different discussion then the one on Baker

The '10 for Baker' guess by Cal would be in the context of an offer of 9, 10 and 16 for Baker and Bolton. In reality that would make it 16 for Baker.
He is simply guessing like everyone is about trades at this time of year. I'm one of the few Freo supporters who wouldn't have a problem with that trade if we get a later pick back and if Richmond pay a decent chunk of the salaries of both Bolton and Baker. Say 500K per year of Boltons contract and 200K per year of Bakers. Richmond could do that by allocatig most of that money to the 2025 and 2026 salary caps while Freo front load most of their current contract in the same years.

You made us trade up like twice to improve the pick (which is difficult and expensive) and got basically exactly what you wanted for him in terms of trade, which was fine as he was contracted but you had him stuck in the 2s thanks to Scarlett. This is a completely different discussion then the one on Baker

you the one brought up geelong insinuating they always get what they want in a baker thread. I was just curious to hear what you think about the clark trade which seem a standard trade with no side getting significantly "ripped off".

you the one brought up geelong insinuating they always get what they want in a baker thread. I was just curious to hear what you think about the clark trade which seem a standard trade with no side getting significantly "ripped off".
There's just too many irrelevant points in your comparison that we'll unfortunately completely derail the thread to discuss further. Agree to disagree.

There's just too many irrelevant points in your comparison that we'll unfortunately completely derail the thread to discuss further. Agree to disagree.

is not irrelevant to what you were insinuating but is 100% irrelevant to this thread.

argee to disagree but we agree on baker should go for a third rounder and a f4 swap.

Tiges have generally been considered good to trade with. We don’t go full Dodoro. We’ve let a lot go for very little since 2018. Don’t reckon it will be a scalping either way.

Were getting pick 10 for Liam Baker?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back