Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

that's being pessimistic IMO.
His good is A grade but his low is too low.
Top 10 is too high and 20 is probably too low..
Its not like we can ask WCE for pick 18 is it?
We will get what is offered.
We don't have a teens pick to offer right now, so 24 will have to do. Am I doing it right?

that's being pessimistic IMO.
His good is A grade but his low is too low.
Top 10 is too high and 20 is probably too low..
Its not like we can ask WCE for pick 18 is it?
We will get what is offered.
Pessimistic is settling for 14 + 33 from Hawthorn for Barrass and giving you 14 for Baker, leaving our net trade for Barrass as Baker + 40 come draft night

Ah ok now you lot are turning on him, a bit like baker and Bolton got after your b&f the other night, no doubt WCs new coach gets knifed in the back as well soon...
Who has he drafted that wasn't average since Balta/Baker. Probably Gibcus.

People were ecstatic he left. I think his current role wheeling & dealing & relationships will be better suited to him.

Who has he drafted that wasn't average since Balta/Baker. Probably Gibcus.

People were ecstatic he left. I think his current role wheeling & dealing & relationships will be better suited to him.
This may blow your mind but it's generally easier to have a good drafting record when your team is pure filth, like Richmond were for ages, than when they are winning flags, due to lack of picks at the pointy end.

Didn't realise you drafted Liam Baker at pick 14.
Point is Ryan is a great player, would you trade pick 1 for him?

OK so now I understand you think because Baker was Rookie drafted at pick 18 then he can't be worth much.
This truly says quite a lot about your character if that's what you really think :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK so now I understand you think because Baker was Rookie drafted at pick 18 then he can't be worth much.
This truly says quite a lot about your character if that's what you really think :$
That's not what I'm saying at all 🤣 that's what you claimed.
You said Baker is a great player so just pay pick 14 and suck it up, despite it being clearly overs.

I said would you pay pick 1 for Liam Ryan who is a great player you'd enjoy having?

This may blow your mind but it's generally easier to have a good drafting record when your team is pure filth, like Richmond were for ages, than when they are winning flags, due to lack of picks at the pointy end.
Yes obviously, but usually a decent recruiter will get a hit here or there within 6 years. His best picks in 6 years have been Jack Ross, Hugo Ralphsmith and being gifted Maurice Junior. Maybe 2021 will turnaround for him soon or Seth Campbell/Kane McAuliffe come on and he will be looked back on more fondly but at the moment it's pretty grim reading after what was a promising start for him.

Yes obviously, but usually a decent recruiter will get a hit here or there within 6 years. His best picks in 6 years have been Jack Ross, Hugo Ralphsmith and being gifted Maurice Junior. Maybe 2021 will turnaround for him soon or Seth Campbell/Kane McAuliffe come on and he will be looked back on more fondly but at the moment it's pretty grim reading after what was a promising start for him.
I daresay most teams who have spent prolonged stints at the top would have similar hit rates, especially when the draft is an utter crapshoot after the mid second round.

That's not what I'm saying at all 🤣 that's what you claimed.
You said Baker is a great player so just pay pick 14 and suck it up, despite it being clearly overs.

I said would you pay pick 1 for Liam Ryan who is a great player you'd enjoy having?

No this is where someone who is learned would have read exactly what I said and understood what it meant.

My Comment:
"Your getting a great player stop sooking and he will play more games than your last couple of picks at 14."

If you interpreted it wrong that is your problem.
I was saying that for WCE Pick 14 you are getting a great player who will give 100% and is as hard as a cats head. He will never be the best player but will never drop his head when your down. His leadership which is what your new coach knows he will bring to the team and will lift others around him. Go and get that from Pick 14 in this draft and expect it in Round 1.
You are not drafting him for 5 years time you are getting him to help make sure in 5 years time you have quality players like him in your team.

No this is where someone who is learned would have read exactly what I said and understood what it meant.

My Comment:
"Your getting a great player stop sooking and he will play more games than your last couple of picks at 14."

If you interpreted it wrong that is your problem.
I was saying that for WCE Pick 14 you are getting a great player who will give 100% and is as hard as a cats head. He will never be the best player but will never drop his head when your down. His leadership which is what your new coach knows he will bring to the team and will lift others around him. Go and get that from Pick 14 in this draft and expect it in Round 1.
You are not drafting him for 5 years time you are getting him to help make sure in 5 years time you have quality players like him in your team.
He does not justify a pick 14

Ah ok now you lot are turning on him, a bit like baker and Bolton got after your b&f the other night, no doubt WCs new coach gets knifed in the back as well soon...
Read our board and you'll realise this isn't a new thing re: Clarke

Yes those super early picks like Vlastuin at 9, Riewoldt at 13, Ellis and Rioli at 15, Rance at 18, Shane Edwards at 26, Astbury at 35, Dylan Grimes in the preseason draft, Short Lambert and Castagna in the rookie draft.

Our only 2 early draft picks that were part of our dynasty were Cotchin and Martin at 2 and 3.

The picks Clarke had to work with were just as good as what the ones that got us plenty of triple premiership players.

The guy that got us Lynch, Houli, Prestia, Nank, Caddy and Grigg for very good value?
Also sold the farm for Taranto and Hopper, no? Those would've been some handy picks to start rebuilding with.

He's the one who misjudged where the list is at and is now having a firesale to avoid rebuilding when Tassie enters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back