Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Stay at the Tigers or go to freo at that asking price!! Richmond are asking overs for all of their exiting players
Pretty awkward call I imagine.

"Fremantle Football Club, how may I direct your call?"

"Is there a department for players who rejected you and then were forced to come back knocking half way through trade period because no one could get their shit together?"

"Putting you through right now"

Walls: Hello, Fremantle Football Club, how may I direct your call?

Just not a position of need for them is all.

Baker wouldnt get a game for Fremantle, Hawthorn and would be one of the first picked for Carlton for example. Just a list profile i

He would displace someone in the fwd line probably, but not in our midfield and I reckon Wagner plays just as well off half back to tell you the truth. You have to watch a Freo game to realise Wagner has been a great mature pick up.
I watch most games!! Current midfield strong
Baker should stay at the tiges

He would displace someone in the fwd line probably, but not in our midfield and I reckon Wagner plays just as well off half back to tell you the truth. You have to watch a Freo game to realise Wagner has been a great mature pick up.
Shai Bolton would do that

HF: Bolton, Treacy, Switta
FF: Jackson, Amiss, Frederick

Unless he plans to play forward pocket dont see it

If Baker wants to do some grovelling and get his management to fix things with Freo this is the weekend to do it. But I’m pretty sure Eagles will get some futures from hawks and they’ll be sent Richmond’s way. They are too invested with Baker with Graham there and Mini at the helm. It will happen. The only way it doesn’t is if Hawks pull out of the Barrass deal, but even then there will be another VIC team having a look.

If Baker wants to do some grovelling and get his management to fix things with Freo this is the weekend to do it. But I’m pretty sure Eagles will get some futures from hawks and they’ll be sent Richmond’s way. They are too invested with Baker with Graham there and Mini at the helm. It will happen. The only way it doesn’t is if Hawks pull out of the Barrass deal, but even then there will be another VIC team having a look.
we don't want futures that early in this draft

It would be based on production, not team fit thats for sure.

Never been a huge fan of playing players just cos they look better on the stat sheet. Best teams in the competition dont do that
The main reason I am sure he'd play is because we were (not all but plenty) exposed for lack of clean hands under pressure in that last month. That's something he's really good at.

I wouldn't pay pick 11 for it, but it would be handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark suggested pick 3 for Liam Baker

OTT is way too generous. Unhinged is it
It wasn’t just pick 3 ffs

That’s disingenuous

Paint the full picture

Baker wouldnt get a game for Fremantle, Hawthorn and would be one of the first picked for Carlton for example. Just a list profile issue

That’s disingenuous

Paint the full picture
Yeah no way he's worth just pick 3!!
Must have been something else involved

They were allegedly waiting for 14.
Richmond wouldn't have knocked back 14. Richmond has not knocked back any offer for Baker unless WC have ambitly offered their second-rounder or F2.

Jay Clark suggested pick 3 for Liam Baker

OTT is way too generous. Unhinged is it
Jay Clark is an idiot, but he suggested 3 for Baker and pick 12 (i.e. trade 3 to Carlton for 12 and 14). Still unlikely WC finds that agreeable.

Baker wouldnt get a game for Fremantle
Yeah he would.

If Baker wants to do some grovelling and get his management to fix things with Freo this is the weekend to do it.
From what I've heard Baker and Freo are on good terms. He was very impressed with your presentation, it's just that he's a West Coast fan, and his best mate has just gone there. I don't think you're out of the picture if Matt Clarke doesn't wake up from his potato-gorging stupor.

Baker definitely gets a game for us. I'm not exactly sure where (suspect defense) but he plays every game he's fit for.

Baker would take Wagner's spot in defence. But I don't think it is worth the cost (draft capital and salary).

There's a bunch of other players he is better than individually, but he wouldn't be replacing them because they play roles he simply can't due to his athletic profile. For example Walker, Sturt, Chapman, Freddy, Sharp, Johnson.

That’s disingenuous

Paint the full picture

You are correct, that poster was exaggerating

But the actual suggestion was only mildly less stupid

It was 3 for 12 and 14, and then giving Richmond 12 for Baker

That's brain-dead stuff tbh and far worse than just turning Barrass into Baker which we clearly didn't want to do either

Baker would take Wagner's spot in defence. But I don't think it is worth the cost (draft capital and salary).

There's a bunch of other players he is better than individually, but he wouldn't be replacing them because they play roles he simply can't due to his athletic profile. For example Walker, Sturt, Chapman, Freddy, Sharp, Johnson.
Agreed. Found the comment wouldn't get a game for freo quite humorous. Almost as if they were premiers and had no need for him!

Once you factor in injuries, Baker's versatility and the amount of games Banfield, cooked Walters, JoM et al played this year, it is not hard to see how Baker always has a spot in the team.

But as I said, I'd never be ok paying 11 for it or using salary that might compromise the Chad chase for it.

That's brain-dead stuff tbh and far worse than just turning Barrass into Baker which we clearly didn't want to do either
Nah it was the same amount of stupid. Any 1st for Baker is stupid. OOC. Take a F2 or he can go to the pre-season draft. If Richmond take him 1st, so be it.

You are obviously aware that trade radio runs for 12 hours a day 5 days a week. So when guys like Morris or Cooney or god forbid Cornes put up their mega trade suggestions it’s only to rankle the great unwashed into becoming even more unhinged.

This is a great example of it.

How can Richmond be seen as unreasonable when there is no suggestion of an offer even being put forward by WC for Baker?

Why are so many upset with Richmond with the suggestion that their list manager Matthew Clarke was ok with giving away a pick in the teens for Baker?

We have heard from Hartley once this trade period when he attended the mandatory 2 minute press conference on Monday. He said nothing.

He isn’t whoring his messaging out to the media to manipulate deals like other clubs are doing.

The hate from some over at West Coast is both fascinating yet somewhat unhealthy.

Baker wouldnt get a game for Fremantle, Hawthorn and would be one of the first picked for Carlton for example. Just a list profile issue
He would absolutely get a game for us, thats silly

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back