Liam Jurrah found not guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Spare me, he played reserves games for Collingwood the year he was drafted. If anything you jumped on him after we found him.

You knew the risks (coming from a remote community) before you picked him up for basically nothing.

And was training at North when Melbourne drafted him.

Good result for him in court. Have to say I didn't see that coming.

Good result for him in court. Have to say I didn't see that coming.

Seriously? Have you been following the story? The prosecution's evidence had more holes than swiss cheese.

Officially slightly annoyed.

Melbourne should get comp'd if he ends up at any other club, we put up and took all the bad press for him to walk out on us. Port were all too happy to try and jump on him when we had to cut him loose even though it was arguable if we wanted to.
Your empathy is touching.

So doors he still have to face the court if tribal elders? Could gee still potentially be sentenced to the traditional spear in the leg punishment?

Seriously? Have you been following the story? The prosecution's evidence had more holes than swiss cheese.
And the defense was based on five witnesses drinking and having motives to incriminate Jurrah who was drunk himself. Hilarious.

And the defense was based on five witnesses drinking and having motives to incriminate Jurrah who was drunk himself. Hilarious.

The difference was the defence has an immediate leg up if the prosecution can't prove their case. The night was a mess by all reports. Apparently the police didn't even set up a crime scene.

Hope he can rebuild his life now, in whatever form that takes.

He is surely done at AFL level though.
I can't see any reason why a bloke presently on drink driving charges, who had to hand himself in after failing to attend court, who wielded a weapon in family dispute in which some was badly hurt shouldn't find a place for himself in the AFL.

Zero sympathy for the bloke after seeing the way Fevola got canned for doing far less, Lovett got sacked and was later found innocent and Cousins got deregistered for a year on the basis of charges which were eventually dropped.

Zero sympathy.

Hope he can rebuild his life now, in whatever form that takes.

He is surely done at AFL level though.

Lets not forget the other assult charges, drink driving, drunk in public charges he is still facing in South Oz, he may have been saved from time in Alice but his next club may well be some prison in SA.

I can't see any reason why a bloke presently on drink driving charges, who had to hand himself in after failing to attend court, who wielded a weapon in family dispute in which some was badly hurt shouldn't find a place for himself in the AFL.

Zero sympathy for the bloke after seeing the way Fevola got canned for doing far less, Lovett got sacked and was later found innocent and Cousins got deregistered for a year on the basis of charges which were eventually dropped.

Zero sympathy.

Source? Wasn't he just found not guilty of doing exactly this among other things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Source? Wasn't he just found not guilty of doing exactly this among other things.
That is the extract of the article from the AA
"FORMER Melbourne forward Liam Jurrah says he dreams of returning to the AFL after he was today found not guilty of assaulting his cousin with a machete during a brawl near Alice Springs last year"

Zero sympathy.

I doubt he would want your sympathy... such a condescending and wasteful emotion...

If you were to empathise, it might be something worth responding to, but ofcourse it's your prerogative not to feel empathy either...

I doubt he would want your sympathy... such a condescending and wasteful emotion...

If you were to empathise, it might be something worth responding to, but ofcourse it's your prerogative not to feel empathy either...
He wouldn't get my empathy either. Because of this bloke and Mifsud, we saw the number of aboriginals drafted drop significantly and this is likely to continue in the future.

Other teams saw how much effort Melbourne had to put into Jurrah, how difficult he was to handle, how they had to defend him as much from himself as anything else, and spoke when draft time came.

That fool Mifsud will probably tweet away now but the recruiters are speaking in their silence.

It is more important that Jurrah does not make AFL because young draftees may understand that with their actions come consequences.

That is the extract of the article from the AA
"FORMER Melbourne forward Liam Jurrah says he dreams of returning to the AFL after he was today found not guilty of assaulting his cousin with a machete during a brawl near Alice Springs last year"

Where does it say he wielded the weapon. There have been over a dozen different reports of what happened that night but he's been found not guilty of doing so and I believe he was found not guilty of wielding a dangerous weapon as well, so there's that.

No arguments in regards to the drink driving or not turning up to court those were very poor moves on his part. But that's why most are saying they hope he can get his life back on track. Because it's clearly been derailed over the past year.

I'm sure they did, however they are two completely different people from different backgrounds with different circumstances. I stand by my comment.
Not going to jail is worse than going to jail? If Krakouer can get back from spending time in jail, Jurrah can return to the AFL, regardless of his background. It should be with Port, so I hope he reconsiders playing for the Port Magpies in the SANFL.

Not going to jail is worse than going to jail? If Krakouer can get back from spending time in jail, Jurrah can return to the AFL, regardless of his background. It should be with Port, so I hope he reconsiders playing for the Port Magpies in the SANFL.

Would Port take him considering he never showed up for training and instead got caught drink driving?

149442-ben-polis.jpg

Good news. Now where is that other thread? You know, the one that was full of mischief makers convinced of his guilt...

Fom what I've read, the witness statements were unreliable due to booze consumption and it was dark, I have no idea if he actually did it and will not judge but hard to prosecute on that alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Jurrah found not guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back