Like it or Loathe it, Carlton will be a Powerhouse in the next 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

It's called a learning curve. In over 100 years Carlton have never had a long bad period before. In fact, they have never had what would have been recognisable as a bad period when compared to other clubs. A long bad period for Carlton before the last few years was a decade without at least 2 premierships.

We'll see how Essendon handle the next 5 years. They've been similar to Carlton over the last 100 years and their period of extended time at the bottom is just about to arrive. It'll be interesting to see how they react, and how fans like you react to them when they do whatever they have to in order to get off the bottom.

Good post.

ODN should know better than to try and have a battle of the wits with an unarmed opponent ...he has made you look even more stupid once again
( and who would have thought that possible :eek:).
You see it as a battle of wits? Why does that not surprise me and in any case if it was about wits you have stumbled into the wrong forum in many ways.

Carlton have a great board and some great football brains running their operation (see Swann) Thanks to Dick Pratt they have the money contacts and drive to fast track their onfield performances.

I know this must be realing hurting saints supporters who have struggled to win anything of importance for the best part of 50 years ..and who's boardroom problems are legendary, unlike the saints the Blues will use the draft picks and canny recruiting to win premierships ...not just be content to play a final here and there . ;)
Didn't you guys say the same thing about Elliot?

Judd
Stevens
Murphy
Gibbs
Simpson
Scotland
Kruezer

Fevola, Waite.

The rest doesnt matter, that midfield with those two targets will ensure big scores are posted every week.

I cant see too many sides matching that midfield might.

Dick Pratt could be the weak link as much as Carlton fans laud him as the saviour, there is a shady side to the man which will be scrutinised more so now he is the President of an AFL side.

might be competitive, but not a premiership team with that line-up. where's the balance in the team?? a good rotation will only get you so far. a team needs a decent back 6, something Carlton don't yet have.

It seems to me that the fireman keeps getting involved in threads with the sole purpse of bagging out every club except his own, its getting pretty boring reading his posts, it would be refreshing to read something constructive from him, as he seems better educated than this, instead of his usual bagging!:thumbsdown:

It seems to me that the fireman keeps getting involved in threads with the sole purpse of bagging out every club except his own, its getting pretty boring reading his posts, it would be refreshing to read something constructive from him, as he seems better educated than this, instead of his usual bagging!:thumbsdown:

I'm sorry you feel that way, was just saying it as I see it, bagging? maybe but was in response to the OP talking about Carlton being a power house.
Hope that helps.:)

PS I certainly don't want to bore you, if I am please skip my posts.
Cheers.

Carlton will definitely make the top 8 in 2008. If they do not have any major injuries I can see them in the top 4. Remember, every year there is at least 1 team from outside the top 8 that jumps into the top 4. I'm predicting it will be Carlton.

Carlton are not that good.

Talking about talent, this is a team of the future

Cloke
Rusling
Didak
Goldsack
Clarke
Thomas
Swan
Pendlbury

Then you add 19yr old KPP

Reid
Dawes
Brown
Anthony

All thats missing is a ruck.

I also think the hawks will be a better side than carlton, and geelong, saints, port, freo, wc and even brisbane. Carlton are still 5-6 years away, Judd, Stevens, Scottland, fev will be gone by the time they are a serious flag threat. Then they have to not get caught cheating the cap, so carlton are far from being a powerhouse. Judd might not even make it back having 7 years left on TD, stevens has a broken kneck ect.. :)

Carlton will definitely make the top 8 in 2008. If they do not have any major injuries I can see them in the top 4. Remember, every year there is at least 1 team from outside the top 8 that jumps into the top 4. I'm predicting it will be Carlton.

If any team from outside the eight goes top four it'll be the Saints, with Freo and the lions an outside chance as well.
Blues might push for a finals spot, may even sneak in, but top four, no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton = Dishonesty.

And Fireman = Hand wringer. Get over yourself mate.

as long as their ill gotten gains net them five wins next year (but not against us )

No worries tankmond. Remember, your coach actually admitted to it. Glass houses. Will be funny watching your nuffy team this year and the walking sun spot, Terry Tan justify it.

Well, they have milked the system for all they are worth, so if they don't become a 'powerhouse' in the next five years they are gone. A bit of pressure on them to perform now.

Yeah right. Carlton 'chose' to finish low all these years.

Well after throwing away dignity and respect these last couple of years they would really hope so :D

Put down your knitting to post that?

Where theres smoke.
No probs.
I'm sure you agree with me.
When it comes to Carlton they are a big issue and concern for all clubs.

LOL....there is a group you can go and join to stoke your outrage. They are called the Moral Majority. I hear they need a new leader

Defences are reliant on midfielders tracking back these days, so you'll see an improvement there now that the mid-field has a quality rotation.

You saw earlier in the season when Stevens was able to track back from Mid-Field, Carlton where able to repel attacks with better effect. It was only when Pagan decided to play all out attack that our defence looked pathetic, because they had no support. Any defence looks rubbish if you give forwards as much space as Carlton where at times this year.

It will improve this year and everyone will be heralding the improvement in our backline, just remember it's all about the mid-fielders.

Carlton are not that good.

Talking about talent, this is a team of the future

Cloke
Rusling
Didak
Goldsack
Clarke
Thomas
Swan
Pendlbury

Then you add 19yr old KPP

Reid
Dawes
Brown
Anthony

All thats missing is a ruck.

I also think the hawks will be a better side than carlton, and geelong, saints, port, freo, wc and even brisbane. Carlton are still 5-6 years away, Judd, Stevens, Scottland, fev will be gone by the time they are a serious flag threat. Then they have to not get caught cheating the cap, so carlton are far from being a powerhouse. Judd might not even make it back having 7 years left on TD, stevens has a broken kneck ect.. :)

Good post

Yes Carlton could potentially be a great side but you could say the same about 8-10 teams at the moment.

The pies as shown above

The Hawks,North,Port,Lions all showed they have plenty of young talent winning alot of big games with not many old players.

The Eagles and Cats are still reasonable young and have already won flags and have plenty of good kids to come through.

Saints and Bulldogs could be a threat if they had no injuries and found form.

Even the tigers have potential.

So while the BLues will be a good side they'll have plenty of competition and everything will have go right to win a flag like with any other team.

Judd
Stevens
Murphy
Gibbs
Simpson
Scotland
Kruezer

Fevola, Waite.

The rest doesnt matter, that midfield with those two targets will ensure big scores are posted every week.

I cant see too many sides matching that midfield might.

Dick Pratt could be the weak link as much as Carlton fans laud him as the saviour, there is a shady side to the man which will be scrutinised more so now he is the President of an AFL side.

I like your attitude

It's called a learning curve. In over 100 years Carlton have never had a long bad period before. In fact, they have never had what would have been recognisable as a bad period when compared to other clubs. A long bad period for Carlton before the last few years was a decade without at least 2 premierships.

We'll see how Essendon handle the next 5 years. They've been similar to Carlton over the last 100 years and their period of extended time at the bottom is just about to arrive. It'll be interesting to see how they react, and how fans like you react to them when they do whatever they have to in order to get off the bottom.

Didn't Essendon struggle through the seventies?

Judd
Stevens
Murphy
Gibbs
Simpson
Scotland
Kruezer

Fevola, Waite.

Stevens and Scotland will be 30+ and finished.

Simpson is a good rotating mid - that is all.

Murphy looks like he can be a gun.

Gibbs - jury still out.

Kruezer - next Josh Fraser?

Waite - He's almost 25 yet can't play consitently?

Powerhouse - no chance. Finals side - maybe.

C,mon ODN, stick to the topic.
The thread is about your club becoming a power house, I have highlighted that your club pres has been accused of shady business dealings and even you would admit that this could be a problem in the future, especially if you take into account recent history.
Why would I need a second gear? Just pointing out a fact that may be a problem for your club so please explain how that is derailing..

You want me to comment on your playing list...the one you tanked for ? ;)
Ok I think they have either underachieved or maybe just aren't good enough. Will have to wait and see on that one.
Cheers :thumbsu:

You worry about Carlton alot....
I love it..
5 years in an 120 year history where you have been better than us... your window of opportunity has closed for the next five decades.. and all you can worry about is Pratt...

Look you can fine Pratt another 100 times and he would still buy and sell StKilda over and over until your head is spinning...

We have a very good up and coming developing list.
We will have the best training facilities in Australia.
WE weill have the biggest sponsorship in Australian competive sport...
We will be up there with Collingwood for the two biggest memberships in Victoria.
We will have a BUSINESS the envy of every other Victorian footy club.
WE have Swann probably the best of the football club CEO's
WE will have a rise in FTA tv..
Blockbusters

You blokes have a list in decline.
2 ex footballers pushing out a president and replacing him with a new president with no real policies.
You have no sponsors.
You have no home training facilities.
You have a joke of an administration
A decline in FTA tv.
Declining memberships

Before you pull the splint out of our eye pull the plank out of your own... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like it or Loathe it, Carlton will be a Powerhouse in the next 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back