Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 wins is a bit more than a pass mark. I'd call it a reasonably good season. 2 more wins could potentially get us finals footy which would be an exceptional result.
That's exactly what got me quibbling. Being a couple of ball bounces away from 8th or 9th feels like overachieving.

BRAB we need the match thread. I popped a bet on Neds and have you 3:1 to get the thread up tonight for my birthday. Don't let me down!!
Odds on you have a social media "influencer" deal going on.

11 games at the Gabba. This is crucial to our win column.

- top chances for 5 wins at the Gabba, where we may/should start favorites: Port/ Hawks/ Norf/ Dogs/ Suns
- throw in 4 good chances to knock off Pies/Swans/Dees/Cats
- Not overly confident against quality sides WC, Crows. Count these as a loss, but don't get me wrong i am not dismissing us by any stretch.

That above is looking at about 7 wins in my opinion.

Away game top chances for a win against Suns, Saints, Freo, Blues and Hawks.

Without factoring in injuries and our depth which is a bit of a worry, i could see 10 wins with a % trending upward of 90.

GO LIONS 2019!

I agree that there could be some fixing going on this preseason. The ideas that Archie is ahead of Martin and that Andrews is set to play as a key forward seem a little strange. I will probably be wrong but I am calling BS on those two.
Well it will be you and me both because I'm standing with you going, "and yeah what he said".

Pass mark for me would be percentage above 100. We should be able to absolutely rip teams like Carlton a new anus. We should also be able to hold down the fort against better teams like West Coast/Adelaide. There are some standout top 4 teams like Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide but the gulf between them and the top 12 teams is not that far. However the gulf from that lot to the bottom 4 is a lot larger. We need to jump into that competitive midtable pack of teams.

I like 10 wins. Sounds reasonable. Could of won 10 last year. 10 wins will be nice and acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting 14 wins. We will beat the following teams twice: hawks, gc, wb, port and north. This gives us 10 wins plus wins over Carlton, Freo, st Kilda and Sydney. This equals 14 wins. Easy.

Think as long as we have more wins than last year, and show more growth statistically it will be a pass mark. Really we could go anywhere from a very competitive 6-7 win season to 12 wins and just missing finals.

We are at the stage where we cant stagnate. Must be going in an upward direction.

Unfortunate, I think they are grooming him for Hodges role. Hopefully he gets a good run at it in the 2nd half of the year

Really? I don’t think he’s suited to be a back general. In the limited touches he got last year, every single one seemed to have a big impact or be a score involvement. I think he can be a good forward/midfielder.

Really? I don’t think he’s suited to be a back general. In the limited touches he got last year, every single one seemed to have a big impact or be a score involvement. I think he can be a good forward/midfielder.

Go and what the limited time of him in JLT, he looked great down back ;)

Interesting the lions refer to him as a defender in the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back